Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

turn off the TV posted:

one mech can kill 7 bile titans.

Jesus, how? I've been seeing people say stuff like this or that you can kill 12 chargers with a single mech and I just don't get it. I feel like I blast chargers with 6 rockets before they finally go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

explosivo posted:

Jesus, how? I've been seeing people say stuff like this or that you can kill 12 chargers with a single mech and I just don't get it. I feel like I blast chargers with 6 rockets before they finally go down.

The trick for chargers is the same it's always been. Rocket a leg and use the gatling once you blow the armor off

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

explosivo posted:

1-2 rockets strip a leg, minigun to finish it off. Panic firing rockets into them until they stop moving will take ~6 rockets or so.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

explosivo posted:

the mech's missiles will kill a bile titan with two headshots

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Apple Craft posted:

So, when devs say that we are supposed to rely more on our support weapons and primaries shouldn't be all powerful, I wonder if they even realize they made a game that does this?
https://packaged-media.redd.it/yi29...8c6d5d0f860#t=0
Stolen from Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bae4hx/postpatch_helldive_difficulty_is_some_fucking/

The thing about situations like this is they just don't happen if you have someone cleaning up all the small bugs, giving breathing room to others to kill heavies and elites. It doesn't suddenly spawn a dozen bile titans on you, it spawns one or two at a time, and they stack up over time if all 4 players are carrying things like railguns or ACs and don't have ways to quickly deal with the swarm so they have to spend a lot of time repositioning and dealing with small enemies. But if you have someone with a nade launcher or stalwart or something focused on cleaning up the small bugs, the bigger ones just get chumped as they spawn instead of stacking up into giant hellpits.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

What option do I have against those eye of Sauron towers the bots have? Just 500kg bombs or orbital precision? I noticed standard airstrikes don't work

110mm rocket strikes are great against tanks and towers, as is the railgun strike.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

My ideal difficulty would be the enemy density of 7, the enemy field conditions of 5 (aka none), and the objective difficulty/density of 9.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

deep dish peat moss posted:

The thing about situations like this is they just don't happen if you have someone cleaning up all the small bugs, giving breathing room to others to kill heavies and elites. It doesn't suddenly spawn a dozen bile titans on you, it spawns one or two at a time, and they stack up over time if all 4 players are carrying things like railguns or ACs and don't have ways to quickly deal with the swarm so they have to spend a lot of time repositioning and dealing with small enemies. But if you have someone with a nade launcher or stalwart or something focused on cleaning up the small bugs, the bigger ones just get chumped as they spawn instead of stacking up into giant hellpits.
Yes and no. I've had 3 bile titans spawn at the same time during a Defend 6, but that might just be because Defend missions are hosed right now.

There's two extremes that we're seeing people discuss regarding any of these clips:
- With optimal shot placement and Nothing Going Wrong you can kill a charger in 1 rocket, 12 times in a row. Or a bile titan with 2 rockets to the head. Six times in a row.
- My anti-armor was on cooldown, the rocket missed because the bile titan stepped into a small crater, causing it juke out of the rocket path, the Spear didn't lock on, I missed the 500kg, I died to two chargers ping-ponging me as I was trying to get my cooldowns off.

Devs have acknowledged that not only are the patrol numbers for high armor/health enemies too high from breaches/drops, but also that their health pools are too large and are being adjusted. They're acknowledging that our strategem availability and efficacy isn't enough to reliably put down the sheer amount of heavily armored enemies in the game at higher difficulties.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Darox posted:

My ideal difficulty would be the enemy density of 7, the enemy field conditions of 5 (aka none), and the objective difficulty/density of 9.

how are the objectives different between 7 and 9?

i've been thinking that increasing the difficulty by making the time constraints tighter or objectives more time consuming would be good but it'd somehow gently caress heavy armor over even more than it already is

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Sestze posted:

Yes and no. I've had 3 bile titans spawn at the same time during a Defend 6, but that might just be because Defend missions are hosed right now.

If you meant an exterminate mission they have multiple breaches simultaneously which can't happen in regular missions

I've not seen more then 2 titans from one individual breach but maybe it can happen, I dunno

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

The game always gives you a hellbomb call-in when your standing in the objective area. The 380mm HE barrage will do it too, but I still don't recommend bringing it.

It may be supposed to, but it absolutely doesn't some times. I was out of luck earlier and couldn't kill one at all.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Darox posted:

Agreed

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Apple Craft posted:

So, when devs say that we are supposed to rely more on our support weapons and primaries shouldn't be all powerful, I wonder if they even realize they made a game that does this?
https://packaged-media.redd.it/yi29...8c6d5d0f860#t=0
Stolen from Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bae4hx/postpatch_helldive_difficulty_is_some_fucking/

Bro is soloing an eradication mission and just kiting all the bile titans that spawned throughout the game solo for clicks when he counts them at the end.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

flashman posted:

Bro is soloing an eradication mission and just kiting all the bile titans that spawned throughout the game solo for clicks when he counts them at the end.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bakns7/diff_9_is_set_to_require_anti_tank_wheres_the/

yep lol

He's a scoundrel

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I guess the game really doesn't want me to play anymore today.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Lol nice breakdown photo. People are so weird about the railgun nerf

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

railgüns

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

diff 5 is about as hard as I can do solo, especially against bugs when spitters of all sizes start spamming. diff 9 can be thrilling but more often I just find it tedious. The most fun I've had with the game was with a dialed in team on diff 7, or just casually roaming the countryside in diff 4 and 5 playing duos like a drunkard. I feel like a section of the community is already taking the game way too seriously. Just have fun. gently caress the meta if you don't like it, play whatever, be fun loving and forgiving, don't kick people unless they are being egregious and purposeful teamkilling shitheads or calling the extract way too soon. If homies don't bring the right strats for a hard mission, try to compensate and give them stuff. Try and reinforce where someone died so they can get their stuff. Trust the devs, support the divers. Be a bro, not a reddit user.

Seven is where i sit too and yeah pretty much

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is crossplay completely broken atm?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

7 is good because you can still fail your way to success and have fun

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I was idling just because I thought a timelapse of the radar might be nice to look, but I made a friend. :3:

it stayed there until I lost connection four minutes later.

https://i.imgur.com/kJNMtCZ.mp4

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 10, 2024

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

That guy was clearly staging an exaggerated video but also a couple days ago when we had that bile titan daily I did a bug defend mission and a bile titan spawned and walked into the middle of the map before my support weapon had even landed. Eradicate missions have flipped from a kinda boring easy mission I knock out early in Ops to one I choose to avoid because now it's still a shooting gallery in a boring tiny map except now go gently caress yourself if you don't have a full group.

I really wish blitz and eradicate had different icons because I have to check which is which when choosing new Ops.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eradicate does desperately need scaling, though it's not the only thing where scaling is weird.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Darox posted:

That guy was clearly staging an exaggerated video but also a couple days ago when we had that bile titan daily I did a bug defend mission and a bile titan spawned and walked into the middle of the map before my support weapon had even landed. Eradicate missions have flipped from a kinda boring easy mission I knock out early in Ops to one I choose to avoid because now it's still a shooting gallery in a boring tiny map except now go gently caress yourself if you don't have a full group.

I really wish blitz and eradicate had different icons because I have to check which is which when choosing new Ops.

I'd also really like the difficulty to be shown in your friends list when they're on a mission. And basically to be apparent at all times, which it mostly is tbf

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is there a way to tell "This mission will have the armored mortar bugs" etc pre-drop, or is it totally random? Id def bring Slugger on missions when I know they'll be there, but it seems some spawn templates just dont have em. Was running 7's with a Defender SMG primary so theyd def have merited Med pen guns.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/Ke69Oiz.mp4

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I'm thinking the scaling issue is somehow correlated to the population density. They've talked about how they had developed controls to actively induce challenges across all games with rules as Joel gets fiesty, I'm wondering if the explosion of popularity somehow off balanced the spawn/dynamic health pool of some of the enemies we've seen.

Like, killing the little bugs, up to the warriors feels good, and reactive. Same for bots, up to the specials is where it actually feels like a chore.

I like the responsiveness of the damage model, parts fly off of berserkers, armor Cracks off of chargers, but they do feel just a tad bit beefier than expected.

I also hate the turn rate of the charger; for something that has infinite stamina its like a heat seeking missile to your location. I also don't currently like the slip and slide oil slick feeties they've had installed these past couple of patches. But that could just be a net code issue.

It's an incredible game and I'm gonna keep playing, and for a game of this caliber to not be an early access title? Feature complete with more to come? I might not buy another game all year.

It definitely feels like it needs some values adjusted and they've said as much, but also, I've yet to play with an actual group of friends over coms which I think would make it so much less of a burden fighting specials.

Even with a decent pick up group communicating with pings and the limited in game VO, it was enough to get everyone orientated.

Amazing Member fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 10, 2024

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dandywalken posted:

Is there a way to tell "This mission will have the armored mortar bugs" etc pre-drop, or is it totally random? Id def bring Slugger on missions when I know they'll be there, but it seems some spawn templates just dont have em. Was running 7's with a Defender SMG primary so theyd def have merited Med pen guns.

I'm a slugger convert. Definitely my gun of choice with both factions, its ability to penetrate the more basic armored enemies is so crucial.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I started out using the setting that gives you a randomly-voiced helldiver every time you spawn, but I've since changed to Default 4 because he has a line where he yells "Reinforcing!" in this intense exaggerated tone that reminds me of Tim Robinson, and now all I can think about is that I really, really need a Tim Robinson Helldiver voice option.

Also I was playing a round earlier and we came across a drop that was +110 Super Credits. I checked after the mission, too, it really added 110 SC to my total. Is this super rare or a bug or what? I wasn't even on a high difficulty, I forget if it was a 5 or a 3.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Play posted:

I'm a slugger convert. Definitely my gun of choice with both factions, its ability to penetrate the more basic armored enemies is so crucial.

Yeah I've been running the Slugger after the Breaker nerfs and I really like it

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
the slugger hits hard as hell

maybe even too hard...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

the slugger hits hard as hell

maybe even too hard...

Mods please get this fucker out of here and if possible end their life

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yuri Lowenthal is definitely one of the voice options isn't he.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Male 2, iirc.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

also Robbie Daymond I think

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*Creedence Clearwater Revival*

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

What are some stratagems they should add? Here's some:

* Orbital flame thrower
* Laser mech
* Orbital Lightning
* Gas gun
* Eagle laser strike
* Bug pheromones
* Laser sentry
* Mortar mech
* Laser sword
* Lightning sword

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ORBITAL PHEROMONE ENHANCER

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Banjo Bones posted:

What are some stratagems they should add? Here's some:

* Orbital flame thrower
* Laser mech
* Orbital Lightning