Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if you work on technology at an advertiser then you are in advertising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shaggar posted:

if you work on technology at an advertiser then you are in advertising league with the devil

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i worked at an ad agency for a while and it was pretty wild, but i'm glad that i no longer have to describe my job as "a necessary evil"

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

rotor posted:

i worked at an ad agency for a while and it was pretty wild, but i'm glad that i no longer have to describe my job as "a necessary evil"
So now it's an unnecessary evil?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

betty boof posted:

So now it's an unnecessary evil?

yes.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

pseudorandom name posted:

they already do it for set decorations they haven't finalized at the time of shooting
i still have questions about wtf was going on with this in true detective season 4. did they think this looked good?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Leck posted:

i still have questions about wtf was going on with this in true detective season 4. did they think this looked good?

most sets only have one graphics person and if they get slammed, sometimes they can get one of the Art PAs to help. they were probably told those posters would never be seen in focus and half-assed them. they could have been established there from an earlier scene where you didn't see them up close or the director changed the blocking for that scene and didn't notice how bad they looked.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
according to the showrunner, they are intentionally lovely and obvious AI work as some kind of slam on AI and definitely not the show getting caught cutting corners, no siree

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Truman Peyote posted:

when i used to sell ads for the student newspaper i'd get comments from the students every couple of months saying that they couldn't see the ads on the web site , and it was always because they had installed adblockers on the office computers

I used to work with our ads team on caching video ad assets, and at some point github seemingly stopped working but it was really ublock origin detecting I was viewing some ad delivery related repo and blocking all background requests. I turned off ublock for our github and it happened again later when they moved to another internal code hosting thing. ublock is very reliable. Can't blame it.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

the funniest thing that ever happened at the ad co that I was aware of - other than the guy who quit in a huff because HR told him he couldn't bring his poorly trained dog to work any more after it poo poo on the rug and bit two people - was when we were doing a new ad campaign for a very large company and we sent off a demo of the new ad unit with lorem ipsum because we hadnt gotten the copy from them yet and whateveer agency they were using got back to us with "we love the new unit, but we'd like to see a version that isnt in spanish"

Hand to god. Saw the email myself.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

rotor posted:

the guy who quit in a huff because HR told him he couldn't bring his poorly trained dog to work any more after it poo poo on the rug and bit two people

i didnt know joe biden used to work in advertising?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
isnt that basically 90% of politics

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
edited for the 10% that includes bombing some kids

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I'm an elder millennial who was online from 2000-2008 and until very recently I thought homestar runner and homestuck were the same thing

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

downwoads!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

the system

is down

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

arrowed!!!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lookin' at a thing in a bag

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I'm an elder millennial who was online from 2000-2008 and until very recently I thought homestar runner and homestuck were the same thing

same except i'm not even sure what either one is

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

one of them is flash animations and the other is deranged mind poison that ruined a generation

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

thatched

roof

COTTAGES

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

although, apparently KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS came out of the homestuck forums, so who can say if homestuck is bad or not?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

although, apparently KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS came out of the homestuck forums, so who can say if homestuck is bad or not?

i can. it's fuckin' terrible.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

yes, but K6BD is outstanding

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i didn't think much of that either.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
good win for yan. maybe i should say that in the right thread, though

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

something about a kickstarter that didn't deliver idk

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

lament.cfg posted:

the system

is down

dodo doo dodo
dodo doo dodo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Computer over
Virus = very yes

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Visions of Valerie posted:

something about a kickstarter that didn't deliver idk

it delivered in the end a very buggy game but at some point the original developer ran off with all of the money so hussie had to foot the bill to get it finished

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
alright edgar, now drop a train on 'em

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

chiiiildreeeen

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

dentist

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I don't remember anything from the first or know anything about the second

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

no wait, trogdor, that's all I know

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
mah spoon is too big

no wait that's the other thing elder millennials love

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I don't understand what is going on there regardless of whether it's serious or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
where's that gif of a guy so taken aback at a post that his head leaves the solar system