Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
We’re still missing one of the next wave’s deluxes, no? Gears, Chromia, Shard, and…?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

He's the bait. He's the guy who stumbles into view of the camera or the guards while the rest of the team gets into position.

And then when he gets the cue that they are ready, he unleashes the hellfire.

Hm. He’d need a separate colorscheme when acting as a decoy, but that’s got promise

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The_Doctor posted:

We’re still missing one of the next wave’s deluxes, no? Gears, Chromia, Shard, and…?

It'll probably show up at a store in Portugal next week.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

Hm. He’d need a separate colorscheme when acting as a decoy, but that’s got promise

Bright colors for decoy of course.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Bright colors for decoy of course.

Man the dude probably just straight up pretends he’s Slugfest

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Nodosaur posted:

Man the dude probably just straight up pretends he’s Slugfest

I mean, why not? He can even answer to that because who is gonna correct his spiky rear end?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

I found out Slugfest's preliminary name was Crunchback. I wanna turn this into a character. My ideas so far are:

* - An Autobot counterpart who works for Blaster, with the colors of Dinobots sub-line Slapper (the red ankylosaur)
* - A Cobalt sentries member

I'm tempted to go with the 2nd one, but at the same time, I am kind of blanking on what use the Decepticon secret police would have for a stegosaurus. I've already given them Playback (a Rewind redeco, a former actor and now a infiltrator/saboteur) and Wingcode (a Ratbat redeco and a cyberwarefare expert). Not really sure what Slugfest's robot mode really lends towards.

Clearly he's the Decepticon Secret Police equivalent to Colombo, everyone underestimates him because he's just a little robot dinosaur guy when in fact he's a brilliant detective

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

TF Con LA's third-party slides: https://news.tfw2005.com/2024/03/09/tfcon-los-angeles-2024-3rd-party-panel-slides-in-full-505749

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
MMC All Built In Devastator looks loving incredible.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wait, how come nobody told me someone was doing a Ruination?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
wow the beast wars primal and megatron in those slides look teeeeeeerrible

like what are they aiming for there, "mechanical" beast modes? even then they don't look good

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

whats the best way to pick up some micronauts/diaclone little pilot dudes? On ebay vintage comes with a premium and I dont think the new diaclone line has them available standalone without the bigger vehicles. Am I just stuck with crawling through ebay endlessly?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Nodosaur posted:

Wait, how come nobody told me someone was doing a Ruination?

It's a retool of MMC All Built In Bruticus, so this is the first we're seeing of it. No need for build-up when the source toys have been out for years.

As a result, it won't have Scramble City capacity. Fixed left arm, fixed right arm, possibly swappable legs.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

whats the best way to pick up some micronauts/diaclone little pilot dudes? On ebay vintage comes with a premium and I dont think the new diaclone line has them available standalone without the bigger vehicles. Am I just stuck with crawling through ebay endlessly?

The new line does have them separately: https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1253569745&ref=list&keyword=diaclone%20set&lang=en https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1068656094&ref=list&keyword=diaclone%20set&lang=en https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1254220746&ref=list&keyword=diaclone%20set&lang=en

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

MMC All Built In Devastator looks loving incredible.
The all-built-in combiners are really all I'm interested in with the third-party scene anymore. Otherwise everyone's just doing their own versions of toon-based Masterpiece figures that have existed for years, or over-stylized characters that don't appeal to me.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Droyer posted:

The new line does have them separately

Thank you, that gave me some stuff to refine my search and send me down the rabbit hole. Apparently there was also a tie-in with Lost Planet at one point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

MMC need to do more Reformatted/IDW figures. :smith:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

The all-built-in combiners are really all I'm interested in with the third-party scene anymore. Otherwise everyone's just doing their own versions of toon-based Masterpiece figures that have existed for years, or over-stylized characters that don't appeal to me.

They're cool tricks but they're too drat small to fit any of my collection scales. I'd have to just get them to be singular display pieces and I don't have the space for that. It's a shame, because they're really clever designs.

The_Doctor posted:

MMC need to do more Reformatted/IDW figures. :smith:

Didn't they say they were completely done with that? I vaguely remember one coming out a year or two ago and that being the end of it.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

Thank you, that gave me some stuff to refine my search and send me down the rabbit hole. Apparently there was also a tie-in with Lost Planet at one point.

Lost Planet is the name of the KO series.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

wow the beast wars primal and megatron in those slides look teeeeeeerrible

like what are they aiming for there, "mechanical" beast modes? even then they don't look good

The Primal is clearly aping the Flametoys design, just a bit less stylized. I assume the Megatron is their attempt to match the aesthetic of the Primal.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They look very jagged?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ugh, hosed up putting UW Scrapper back into bot mode and snapped the little tab on his bucket hinge that locks it in place in Devastator mode. Tried fixing it once and had it too tight so it promptly snapped again when I tested it. Imma get this right but it might take some fiddling and cutting/sanding. And I don't trust that quack Hook enough to get his help lol

(Think Long Haul's waist swivel ratchet may have borked itself as well, but that's not mission critical for forming Devastator. Having a working foot is.)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I kinda wanna check out the little Leokaiser depending on price and all. That Superion looks busy as hell though.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Good Listener posted:

That Superion looks busy as hell though.

Yeah I'm taking it as like a Bumblebee Movie version, but looks pretty cool anyways.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Good Listener posted:

That Superion looks busy as hell though.

They're also loving terrible figures. That Silverbolt is probably the worst third party toy I've handled in years. As a plane nerd I was into the idea of "realistic" colored Aerialbots but all I can say is stay far, far away from that set. Just awful quality control and transformation design.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

New commission series for the Vanguardverse finished! Here’s the Stunticons!

https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1721308277575688388?s=46
https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1723755381212545108?s=46
https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1738031981407896058?s=46
https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1744362868043063576?s=46
https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1754349060046102969?s=46
https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1762255504695247056?s=46
https://x.com/quillobyte_/status/1767383009051767246?s=46

I love how these came out. I can’t decide if Breakdown or Motormaster is my favorite.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
So are you doing anything with all these?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah; just writing takes longer to launch, heh

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Those are fantastically fun designs.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've always had a soft spot for breakdown after the transformers prime show, but man that is a really horrible name to have as a transformer.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's like having a supervillain who's named after something that kills you. There's got to be some 90s era edgelord called Cardiac, right?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

Dabir posted:

It's like having a supervillain who's named after something that kills you. There's got to be some 90s era edgelord called Cardiac, right?

There is an anti-hero named just that who is a literal Doctor

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?
Here:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I’m just wondering why Decepticons go to see Dr. Flatline

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Nodosaur posted:

I’m just wondering why Decepticons go to see Dr. Flatline

He's the only physician covered by their insurance. No one but Swindle would cover them at all

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Comfortador posted:

There is an anti-hero named just that who is a literal Doctor

Talk poo poo about him all you want but his first appearance is worth a decent chunk of cash!

because it's also Cletus Kassady's first appearance

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Anyway Quillobyte and I did everything we could to make Breakdown look beat up and lovely, right down to him being an infamously bad car. I hope we succeeded.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Now I'm just picturing some poor schmuck getting tricked into taking a Cybertruck for an alt-mode

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Now I'm just picturing some poor schmuck getting tricked into taking a Cybertruck for an alt-mode

Not even Megatron is that evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Don't lie. It would be Starscream.