Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I thought healthcare here was no good?

Even by your standards this is really lovely thing to say.

Hopefully you'll have sobered up this morning; I'd recommend that you consider the impacts of your drinking on yourself and others, and think about cutting back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68526972

It's okay everyone, she's alive

quote:

The image, taken by Prince William, shows the princess with her three children.

Sureeee.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

EvilHawk posted:

Sureeee.

The UKs obsession over this is so loving creepy.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Oh my god he’s slaughtered and taxidermied the children as well

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Maugrim posted:

Yuck. Bad post.

Just one that I can see.

Thank gently caress i have him on Ignore, i don't need to view that level of crap every loving day.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Just Another Lurker posted:

Thank gently caress i have him on Ignore, i don't need to view that level of crap every loving day.

Someone tell this guy to turn their monitor on fgs.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Which countries are better? And how so?

https://x.com/Otto_English/status/1766522204827664389?s=20

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Dr Tara Thiagarajan, Sapien Labs Founder and chief scientist, the Daily Mail that there was a reporting bias as the survey was only open to people who had Internet access in each country.

So actually its just that we've got lots of people on the internet, whinging.

Which stacks up.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

EvilHawk posted:

Sureeee.

I don't think there is a conspiracy, but man does that look like an ai generated image randomly generating a head....

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Grey Hunter posted:

I don't think there is a conspiracy, but man does that look like an ai generated image randomly generating a head....

Hey, it's already taken them this long to get an image with the correct number of arms & fingers

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I guess Catherine really is alive and decided to come home, hence the photo that was released shortly afterwards
https://twitter.com/MilitaryNerdd/status/1766774569405211065

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Grey Hunter posted:

The full picture looks more believable

At first. But if you notice the kid on the left has his fingers very noticeably crossed. Its subtle but so do the other kids I think? What "good luck" could they be needing to wish for? Very suspicious.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I guess Catherine really is alive and decided to come home, hence the photo that was released shortly afterwards
https://twitter.com/MilitaryNerdd/status/1766774569405211065

The plot thickens! I’m enjoying this little saga, love a bit of drama I do

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

So you are saying the bottom half doesn’t look AI generated or photoshopped in?

That just makes it worse. I am fully onboard this conspiracy theory as not had a fun believable one since save Britney.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
In the space of 3 weeks we’ve had Charles get a poorly bum hole, Camilla’s disappeared, Wills’ best mates suffered a shotgun related headblast, and Kate’s fallen off the radar.

I’m telling you he’s lost it and is murdering his way through his friends and acquaintances. Then it’ll be his enemies - I hope everyone in this thread has their anti-William bunker prepared. I’ve got a roast goose ready at all times to throw as a distraction personally.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

If you're near the coast tomorrow is a historical low tide if you want to explore (unfortunately it's 11pm, but the Tuesday morning low tide is also fairly low)

Few months back I was checking tide times and wondered 'what are these highs and lows measured against, what's the baseline?) so found a chart of future lows and highs predictions- this low only comes around once in a decade or so, it was good timing I happened to be inquisitive.

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

Need to be holding todays newspaper at the least

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Jakabite posted:

In the space of 3 weeks we’ve had Charles get a poorly bum hole, Camilla’s disappeared, Wills’ best mates suffered a shotgun related headblast, and Kate’s fallen off the radar.

I’m telling you he’s lost it and is murdering his way through his friends and acquaintances. Then it’ll be his enemies - I hope everyone in this thread has their anti-William bunker prepared. I’ve got a roast goose ready at all times to throw as a distraction personally.

I for one welcome our new royal overlord, and would like to remind him that as a dedicated thread lurker I can be helpful in rounding up his posting enemies

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Her Dryer posted:

I for one welcome our new royal overlord, and would like to remind him that as a dedicated thread lurker I can be helpful in rounding up his posting enemies

:mods:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

NotJustANumber99 posted:

if you notice the kid on the left has his fingers very noticeably crossed.
... or William might have snapped a finger or two just prior to the shoot

Kate's been seen with various finger injuries over the years, and the gossip rumours are that William enjoys bending them back as torture during arguments and tantrums:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Why doesn't she just poison him? These royals today are wet socks I tell ya

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
maybe she's just bad at chopping vegetables

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1766608515366306097

Boris will save us! :toot:

Nuclear Spoon posted:

maybe she's just bad at chopping vegetables

Yes, because senior royal figures are well known for doing domestic chores such as cooking and chopping up vegetables

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
this country's just about hosed in the head collectively enough that bringing johnson probably is their best bet if to not get slaughtered in the election

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

If the Kate finger logic is sound then I'm guilty of beating my wife's legs and she's not just clumsy as gently caress.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I mean, my hands look like that because I'm a clumsy gently caress and I nervously pick my hands. If someone was abusing and bending her fingers back they'd look more like Charlie's sausage fingers surely?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

Boris will save us! :toot:
I mean if Boris runs on a platform of legalizing cannabis and decriminalizing sex work and Keith runs on a platform of 50,000 additional police, measuring everyone's dog, and banning people from making whipped cream in their own kitchens then I think I would vote for the alcoholic sex pervert who rides bikes over the one who reverses over them.

Jakabite posted:

I hope everyone in this thread has their anti-William bunker prepared.
I've been an anti-williamite Posadist-Hoxhaist since he was in short trousers.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Mebh posted:

I mean, my hands look like that because I'm a clumsy gently caress and I nervously pick my hands. If someone was abusing and bending her fingers back they'd look more like Charlie's sausage fingers surely?

"Hmm, how hard can this sewing business be if all those plebs can do it?"
"Well poo poo, now my fingers are bleeding. Jeeves, bring the elastoplasts!"

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jakabite posted:

- Closing far too early (London weirdly is like this), or being limited to clubs after about 2am

I'm glad someone else noticed this. You'd think of all places London would have an amazing nightlife, but in my experience literally everything but clubs closed at like 10/11pm. I remember walking around Covent Garden, which I thought was one of the nightlife hotspots, getting on for midnight and just thinking what the hell, why is nothing open, it's a Saturday night, and I've had similar happen in Camden. I think I ended up in a Brewdog of all places because it was all I could find, and even that closed soon after. Granted, this might be because I didn't know the city very well. Maybe places exist, but you clearly need to be in the know, which is baffling for one of the world's biggest cities. I guess it's probably because everything is a lot closer together, but places like Glasgow, Edinburgh, or Newcastle are a much better night out imho.

This is all supporting my theory that central London is not a real city and the only people going out there are the after work crowd and tourists. I'm guessing I'd have better luck in one of the outlying boroughs, given they function as self contained cities in their own right a lot of the time.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Maybe Kate has dermatillomania brought on by being part of the world's most hosed in the head family.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm glad someone else noticed this. You'd think of all places London would have an amazing nightlife, but in my experience literally everything but clubs closed at like 10/11pm. I remember walking around Covent Garden, which I thought was one of the nightlife hotspots, getting on for midnight and just thinking what the hell, why is nothing open, it's a Saturday night, and I've had similar happen in Camden. I think I ended up in a Brewdog of all places because it was all I could find, and even that closed soon after. Granted, this might be because I didn't know the city very well. Maybe places exist, but you clearly need to be in the know, which is baffling for one of the world's biggest cities. I guess it's probably because everything is a lot closer together, but places like Glasgow, Edinburgh, or Newcastle are a much better night out imho.

This is all supporting my theory that central London is not a real city and the only people going out there are the after work crowd and tourists. I'm guessing I'd have better luck in one of the outlying boroughs, given they function as self contained cities in their own right a lot of the time.

The idea of being able to do anything other than get pissed in Edinburgh (or probably Glasgow) when it gets late is a bit of a laugh. A few nice coffee places stay open til 10 and some of those dessert cafes do. After that, there's a handful of sit-down restaurants that stay open til 11ish and takeaways and the 24 hours greggs in the centre of glasgow, but once you get past midnight you've basically got takeaways with queues of drunk people or maybe a 24 hour convenience store/supermarket if you're in a bit of the city that has one.

The idea of being able to go to a late night diner or coffee shop after the club like people in the US could when I was the age I still went clubbing a lot was wild to me. A university friend back in the 90s had lived in Hong Kong and said it was baffling how cities here just shut down at night, when he was used to being able to go out, go shopping, get meals, all that stuff and whatever time without it just being "okay it's late evening, you can either go to a venue that sells booze or you can be at home."

Glasgow and the north of England are still definitely a good time for nightlife in the partying sense tho.

Edit: I am middle aged and tired tho, so if you're young and fun I guess there's probably more stuff to do and wild nightlife in places I never even hear about

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

The idea of being able to do anything other than get pissed in Edinburgh (or probably Glasgow) when it gets late is a bit of a laugh.

Oh true, and it would be nice to have a wider variety of non-drinking things to do at night in general, but I was very much looking for a pint!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh true, and it would be nice to have a wider variety of non-drinking things to do at night in general, but I was very much looking for a pint!

Yeah sorry it's just a sore point that I get really frustrated about! Soho seemed marginally better when I was there doing tourist stuff for things staying open a little later, but only by an hour or two for regular pubs, it was then cocktail places and clubs left.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Yeah it’s absolutely bizarre that London is like, regularly mentioned in the same sentence as Paris and New York as a ‘city that never sleeps’ but it’s a chore to get a pint after 1am on a Saturday. Legit one of the reasons I left tbh

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

At first. But if you notice the kid on the left has his fingers very noticeably crossed. Its subtle but so do the other kids I think? What "good luck" could they be needing to wish for? Very suspicious.

What the gently caress is up with that right hand. Who crosses their fingers by putting the middle finger over your ring and then it looks like the index finger is amputated.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Which countries are better? And how so?

LOL this is the most embarassing British opinion it's possible to have

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Communist Thoughts posted:

LOL this is the most embarassing British opinion it's possible to have

NJAN99 likes Britain because construction materials and labour and plant rent are so cheap, and regulations are so forgiving

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
don't forget less rights for tenants

anyway i think kate's finger injuries are just due to her secret life as a virtuoso metal guitarist. the past few months she's just been on tour

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Angepain posted:

don't forget less rights for tenants

Its fewer rights for tenants and why should that bother me anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Microplastics posted:

NJAN99 likes Britain because construction materials and labour and plant rent are so cheap, and regulations are so forgiving

Plant rent is pretty good but the price of sheet material is like 200% what it was before the pandemic. Its criminal.