Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Awesome! posted:

good start to crafting this helmet :suicide:

Oof. Thanks, reading is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

DaveKap posted:

I was only half-joking. I think they should look for where the weakest builds are and pump those up if they're looking for some kind of work to do between cycle changes.

I assume that's already on the cards, assuming they want to have LE be a thing past the initial youtube bump. The real question here is whether or not they want to be the midseason patch people. That's a trick you can pull exactly once.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I've always wanted an oot[??]St, thanks Ezra!

edit: oh and now im bugged and the next objective marker is in the wrong place

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Mar 10, 2024

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Deformed Church posted:

I've always wanted an oot[??]St, thanks Ezra!

I get weird stuff like that sometimes. Sometimes just shows a black bar with no words too, which is fun and easy to miss.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve had that unique bug as well as all gear from the shop has a font size of like 100.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
Is it a skill issue or does fire aura loving suck because of the visual clutter it makes? poo poo keeps getting me killed cause I don't see stuff under me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It took me 30 hours but I think I finally understand the game. It's pretty good and there is huge capacity for growth. I think I like it more than POE now (though I have played POE for 10 years or whatever).

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I leveled an offline Falconer and had all my resistances sorted very early into monoliths. I'm leveling an online Warlock and I'm not finding poo poo for gear in the campaign so far. I don't even have my idol slots filled out. I'm just to Chapter 8.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

...It's pretty good and there is huge capacity for growth. I think I like it more than POE now (though I have played POE for 10 years or whatever).

Ditto, 10 years as well, POE is on pause...upcoming new season or not.

LE is easier to work with than POE and faster than Grim Dawn so i think i'm set for the next few months at least and if it settles down it'll be my new main arpg. :)

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Figured I'd link the video for that wraithlord necro build, it really is gross. People are hitting over 1000 corruption with it and its not on maxroll yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizzg04FD3U

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I am still grinding for 65% crit avoidance blessing. I am like 10 runs deep. thsi is unfortunate.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

A Moose posted:

Figured I'd link the video for that wraithlord necro build, it really is gross. People are hitting over 1000 corruption with it and its not on maxroll yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iizzg04FD3U

not everything is on maxroll and there is no singular website
for example, there is lastepochtools https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/filter/mastery=necromancer&cycle=release

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Now that I'm doing empowered Monoliths I got this new option for the boss fight:

So, this just lets you skip the two preamble missions and gives a corruption boosting reward? Any downside?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Now that I'm doing empowered Monoliths I got this new option for the boss fight:

So, this just lets you skip the two preamble missions and gives a corruption boosting reward? Any downside?

You got it. It won't reset the web, it'll give bonus corruption when you get to the edge. You get your blessing there now.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Oh man, I just spent an hour reading the discord about the gold dupe bug and I now all makes sense. I was watching the 4lp Siphon ring market for a few days earlier this week and saw the the prices dropping, like 30mil, 24 mil, 18 mil, 14 mil, 10 mil, 7 mil, all with pretty mid implicits. Then within like 3 hours, the 4lp ring market went from 4 pages to 1.5 and all those rings were gone. Couldn't figure it out, but I found this video that explained it. They say it's been fixed but the damage is done lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3Q6ZupqLY

There's some public RMT profile that printed money during those three days, probably giving out billions into the economy.

I'm sure tons of other people did this too. This just means good luck trying to get 3lp 4lp gear in the MG lol. Hate to admit it but CoF stays winning. :(

funmanguy posted:

I am still grinding for 65% crit avoidance blessing. I am like 10 runs deep. thsi is unfortunate.

ya, been there!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So what does the rest of the post-game progression look like?
You got monos, then once you finish those you got empowered monos that lead to what? Is that is?

I'm not quite at the empowered monos yet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I once managed to dupe a pair of 18 weave gloves just by vendoring and attempting to buy back when the servers were really laggy. I didn't attempt to replicate it but if even I can dupe items in this game thousands of others have likely figured it out.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

You got monos, then once you finish those you got empowered monos that lead to what? Is that is?

That's it. You keep increasing corruption but I think it's limitless. 1000+ corruption is a lot as far as I've heard.

King Cocoa Butter
Mar 24, 2021

Don't be ashy.

Jack Trades posted:

Push corruption as high as you can. Clear the T4 dungeons. Push arena as high as you can. That's about it - once you get bored or push as far as your build will go, it's time to try something new!

I think they said they're adding super bosses relatively soon, right? Next cycle maybe?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

Oh man, I just spent an hour reading the discord about the gold dupe bug and I now all makes sense. I was watching the 4lp Siphon ring market for a few days earlier this week and saw the the prices dropping, like 30mil, 24 mil, 18 mil, 14 mil, 10 mil, 7 mil, all with pretty mid implicits. Then within like 3 hours, the 4lp ring market went from 4 pages to 1.5 and all those rings were gone. Couldn't figure it out, but I found this video that explained it. They say it's been fixed but the damage is done lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq3Q6ZupqLY

There's some public RMT profile that printed money during those three days, probably giving out billions into the economy.

I'm sure tons of other people did this too. This just means good luck trying to get 3lp 4lp gear in the MG lol. Hate to admit it but CoF stays winning. :(

ya, been there!

is there an equivalent to poe.ninja where they track prices yet

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

King Cocoa Butter posted:

Push corruption as high as you can. Clear the T4 dungeons. Push arena as high as you can. That's about it - once you get bored or push as far as your build will go, it's time to try something new!

I think they said they're adding super bosses relatively soon, right? Next cycle maybe?

Some sort of super boss as a logical stopping point would be really nice.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What corruption level are the t4 dungeons comparable to?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

is there an equivalent to poe.ninja where they track prices yet

There's a web site ran by some Discord that maintains a market loot filter but it involves manually checking prices and updating manually.

https://arreatsummit.gg/last-epoch/database/prices/dagger

Prices are in flux so this is best used as a tool to figure out if the Exalt Affix or Unique you dropped should be price checked and sold or vendored.

Dunno if they track price history though. Best you'll probably get on that end, without any APIs, is people like me that just "remember" things.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I don't really like superbosses as an endgame concept, the most fun part of any ARPG is mindlessly blowing up entire screens of enemies for phat loot not carefully avoiding laser traps for a slightly statistically higher chance at phat loot. D3 had the right idea with Greater Rifts, churn through randomized hordes of enemies in a zenlike state then at the end fight a dude for all your winnings.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

fknlo posted:

What corruption level are the t4 dungeons comparable to?

Level 100 base, but with mechanics that depending on your setup might be harder/easier. Dungeons are a process of just overpowering the mechanics so just do whatever until you get there.

exquisite tea posted:

I don't really like superbosses as an endgame concept, the most fun part of any ARPG is mindlessly blowing up entire screens of enemies for phat loot not carefully avoiding laser traps for a slightly statistically higher chance at phat loot. D3 had the right idea with Greater Rifts, churn through randomized hordes of enemies in a zenlike state then at the end fight a dude for all your winnings.

I mean, yes, but also people really like boss things.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just got a Falconer base helm with somewhat decent rolls and goddamn if it hasn't boosted the hell out of my build. I didn't realize there were skill specific implicits/bases.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Deki posted:

Just got a Falconer base helm with somewhat decent rolls and goddamn if it hasn't boosted the hell out of my build. I didn't realize there were skill specific implicits/bases.

If you are using a loot filter you should absolutely set up a 'highlight' or recolor to show skill specific affixes (or bases if you are hunting for something specific) so you can grab them to shatter for alts!

E: I misread your post was about implicit bases.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Mar 10, 2024

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Locator posted:

If you are using a loot filter you should absolutely set up a 'highlight' or recolor to show skill specific implicits (or bases if you are hunting for something specific) so you can grab them to shatter for alts!

wait what's the benefit of shattering something based on its implicits?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You get the crafting shards for them and some of the skill-specific mods are really rare to find out in the wild.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I thought only affixes give shards

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I thought only affixes give shards

right, there’s no benefit to shattering based on implicits

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Oop.. sorry, I typed the wrong word. Meant affixes and apparently I can't read.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Man, I did that dungeon last night and after like 20+ minutes of beating my way through 2 full maps I got one-shot by a half-screen AE I had no idea was coming.

I guess this is supposed to make me want to challenge it again but all it's done is X out that part of the game for me. I don't have time for poo poo like this! I've got like an hour a day to play at most!

Everything about the game design for dungeons in this game is baffling. I lost to Lagon a few times also in the campaign, but I was fine trying to beat him again and learn his tells and patterns because you don't have to burn a consumable and fight through two maps just to try again. I'd probably have woken up this morning and taken a few more shots at it but, well, I'll just go do some monoliths instead.

At least I'm having a lot of fun in the monoliths. The map where you start off and just get swarmed from all 4 compass points for like 3 solid minutes is awesome, they should have one like that where the arena keeps shrinking.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

I think lagon should be coloured orange and called stinger flynn.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I cannot find my armor shred stat anywhere

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Just a heads up to MG players, prices are going crazy cause the gold duping. Anything max rolled or meta with 2lp+, step on the gas when listing. Full throttle !! I'm seeing the missing life as ward T7 experimental affixes go for 20 mil now, when few days ago it was 5 mil. The market is in utter chaos. The situation? Excellent !

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Can you just kill a Monolith boss, not interacting with the story thing / collect your Blessing and TP out to "fail" the mission and re-kill the Boss?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Sab669 posted:

Can you just kill a Monolith boss, not interacting with the story thing / collect your Blessing and TP out to "fail" the mission and re-kill the Boss?

I don't have the information on whether it'll trigger your prophecies doing this, but you don't get another loot drop.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Sab669 posted:

Yes, but the devs thought of that already. The boss doesn't drop loot and you won't get a blessing choice on your second kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Bummer :v: