Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Rubellavator posted:

It's telling that these people will all say what what Israel is doing is awful but will only pop in when a new way for them to criticize Hamas emerges

exactly this, but I would expand it to any criticism of Palestinian resistance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizziester
Dec 21, 2023

V. Illych L. posted:

the point is not to maintain face on the internet. if that had been my point i would've just not posted things which are unpopular in the threads in which i post them. the point is that engaging in politics generally involves dealing with normal people who don't take for granted that e.g. the UN investigators would just make stuff up, and it's useful to consider how one's arguments frame the opposition's argument. for this, it's useful to analyse the opposition's argument and identify where they're most vulnerable instead of just blundering along

Counterpoint - DTI DTA

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

hey mom its 420 posted:

AA just keep winning. legends

New thread title!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I’ve particularly enjoyed watching that Kalit guy twist themself in ever more complicated knots as they run the most un-subtle both sides Hasbara I’ve ever seen. yesterday they were making up a scenario where Joe Biden really did believe a ceasefire was incoming but then loads of really unlikely stuff happened and he’d NEVER lie he’s our president-san.

how much do eurogoons see support for Israel in their daily life, out of interest? because I (northern England) haven’t seen a single bit of Israeli support since October 7th in real life which is very nice I gotta say.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

V. Illych L. posted:

the point is not to maintain face on the internet. if that had been my point i would've just not posted things which are unpopular in the threads in which i post them. the point is that engaging in politics generally involves dealing with normal people who don't take for granted that e.g. the UN investigators would just make stuff up, and it's useful to consider how one's arguments frame the opposition's argument. for this, it's useful to analyse the opposition's argument and identify where they're most vulnerable instead of just blundering along

People might not take for granted that UN investigators might make something up, so rather than getting them to understand that might be the case, I will in fact just concede the argument and allege that at least some rapes surely must have taken place. This is liberalism. You just want to avoid conflict.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Jakabite posted:

I’ve particularly enjoyed watching that Kalit guy twist themself in ever more complicated knots as they run the most un-subtle both sides Hasbara I’ve ever seen. yesterday they were making up a scenario where Joe Biden really did believe a ceasefire was incoming but then loads of really unlikely stuff happened and he’d NEVER lie he’s our president-san.

how much do eurogoons see support for Israel in their daily life, out of interest? because I (northern England) haven’t seen a single bit of Israeli support since October 7th in real life which is very nice I gotta say.

i still see people flying israeli and ukrainian flags in canada lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

People might not take for granted that UN investigators might make something up, so rather than getting them to understand that might be the case, I will in fact just concede the argument and allege that at least some rapes surely must have taken place. This is liberalism. You just want to avoid conflict.

if i were trying to avoid conflict, why would i take this position itt of all places

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
VIL says that he's doing this because he's a loving moron and hell, I believe him

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

you’ve got to be pretty brave to come out and say that there is no actual proof that hamas had a policy of necro-raping and dismembered titty football

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Jel Shaker posted:

you’ve got to be pretty brave to come out and say that there is no actual proof that hamas had a policy of necro-raping and dismembered titty football

hamas military strategy written by cannibal corpse

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

30.5 Days posted:

VIL says that he's doing this because he's a loving moron and hell, I believe him

also people keep inventing stuff about my posts about this for convenience, which i think is bad manners and displays a lack of Posting Honour

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im a huge moron too but i still dti, whats this clown's excuse

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

hey mom its 420 posted:

AA just keep winning. legends

I like this mini scarf, what is it called and where can I get one?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I mean...

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
apparently another flotilla is going to Gaza

https://twitter.com/Robert_Martin72/status/1766740218307354733

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

if i were trying to avoid conflict, why would i take this position itt of all places

D&D brain (calm Quisling).

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

V. Illych L. posted:

thank you sir for your brave stance of 'hamas raped people'

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
LOOOLLLL

Hamas just released footage on aljazeera showing them deploying Mortar armed Drones, flying over and successfully dropping bombs and hitting Israeli Command center in BEIT HANOUN, the town on the very very north of gaza that israel entered on day one of the ground invasion.

Hamas is successfully returning to combat zones that israel thought was safe, combat zones that israel entered from months and months ago, and fighting back and they are gonna win.

===========

Urgent | Al Jazeera shows scenes it obtained of a Qassam march throwing two mortar shells using drones at an Israeli command headquarters east of Beit Hanoun

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1766817546571784692?s=20

https://x.com/AJABreaking/status/1766806334521954475?s=20

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 15 days!)

Clip-On Fedora posted:

They should all just loving leave

Nothing is more boring to read than another example of My Journey Into Forming My Opinions, so I apologize in advance.

Hamas taking civilian hostages was (and I guess continues to be) a war crime. I just don’t give a gently caress about it anymore.

Make Tel Aviv Jaffa Again would be ethnic cleansing. And obviously this would be a crime against humaWHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND MOTHERFUCKERS

Israel’s actions after October 7 have proven it to be an ongoing threat to the lives and security of everyone in the region. And it’s not being done by a dictator or king - the voting public approves of every atrocity and wants more.

Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, Arabia, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Iran, Turkey - however far you want to draw the circle - should not have to tolerate a regime committed to a policy of ongoing and future war crimes. Zionist Israel is as intolerable as apartheid South Africa, white supremacist Rhodesia, or Nazi Germany. It has to go.

My preferred solutions are a secular Palestine with freedom of religion enshrined in the constitution, or a demilitarized Jewish state with the 1947 borders under the supervision of the United Nations. Neither of these would involve the ethnic cleansing of majority-Jewish areas. But it’s, um, optimistic to think this would be done without resistance in favor of the current regime. Then what?

I also don’t think these are entirely academic possibilities anymore, since Israel now seems entirely bent on defeat in Gaza, Lebanon and the West Bank. What will protect Israel? The skill, courage and intelligence of the IDF?

Which brings us to Tel Aviv.

Gerard Weinberg’s World War II history “World At Arms” addressed the topic of the bombing of German and Japanese cities, and concluded that since the aerial destruction of civilian cities was an Axis innovation, well, tough poo poo. The same line of thought was applied to the Polish-German border after the war. Since the Germans were committed to the idea of moving people to fit borders, rather than the other way around? Karma, dude.

I know this makes me sound hideous, but because of what Israel has done to Gaza, because that is so clearly what they have planned for Lebanon and the West Bank, and because of the sheer number of opportunities Israeli citizens will have to choose an off-ramp between today and when Palestine plays the Uno-Reverse card and presents the butcher’s bill? Tel Aviv’s fate will be the biggest Who Gives a poo poo since Sherman beautified Atlanta.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jai Guru Dave has issued a correction as of 15:10 on Mar 10, 2024

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

Jai Guru Dave posted:

Tel Aviv’s fate will be the biggest Who Gives a poo poo since Sherman beautified Atlanta.

Atlanta burned down because of fleeing confederates and looting as much as any deliberate Union destruction.

I expect Tel Aviv to end up the same way.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

boo boo bear posted:

I meant Khan was more independent in terms of foreign diplomacy, more neutral and looking to develop relationships all across the region as opposed to the chokehold that the isi had for the last few decades.

absolutely no clue where Sharif is going to take things and the rather blatant vote rigging and manipulation read like clumsy cia backed nonsense, not something China would be so careless with.

lets not overthink it. Imran Khan's biggest threat was that his reputation and independent base of support.

hmhb fan
Feb 4, 2024

Jakabite posted:

sorry, misread

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023
is there an updated death toll? I know counting basically stopped at 30,000 because Palestinians had been so bombed and their various systems of health and governance destroyed so there was no longer a count, but the massacres have continued since then, plus starvation. this past week Ralph Nader used the number 200,000 dead, which seems plausible, but I’m not aware of what source he was using for that.

is there an updated death toll?

Grilled Beef
Oct 27, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

america deserved 9/11 and deserve every atrocity that will be committed against them

=====

Biden: There is no red line towards Israel, and I will never abandon it, nor will I cut off weapons from it

https://x.com/ajarabic/status/1766593659481264214?s=46

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/10/biden-red-line-gaza-palestinians

now “another 30,000 dead” is the “red line”

what a loving disgusting beast, what an abomination of a country. the individuals that make up America may not deserve punishment, but the country as an organization needs to feel God’s wrath for what it has done e

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
its gonna remain 30,000 civilians until huh theres nobody left in gaza what happened to everyone ?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
AJ dropping a big expose shortly showcasing the timeline on October 7th

https://twitter.com/AJIunit/status/1766830909058076706

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

V. Illych L. posted:

not only is this a complete misrepresentation of my posting it's also a completely paranoid way of thinking

You're carrying water for them and not even getting paid for it. Maybe figure out why and get back to us.

E: I'm not even calling you out, it's just an example of how you can get brainwormed even if you hate Israel.

Strep Vote has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Mar 10, 2024

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Death By The Blues posted:

AJ dropping a big expose shortly showcasing the timeline on October 7th

https://twitter.com/AJIunit/status/1766830909058076706

Guessing it's gunna be dashcams showing heavy weapons lighting up all that burned out traffic.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Grilled Beef posted:

is there an updated death toll? I know counting basically stopped at 30,000 because Palestinians had been so bombed and their various systems of health and governance destroyed so there was no longer a count, but the massacres have continued since then, plus starvation. this past week Ralph Nader used the number 200,000 dead, which seems plausible, but I’m not aware of what source he was using for that.

is there an updated death toll?

No, Nader's guess is the best we've got and fwiw my own optimistic guess was 100k.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no no, its 'death to israel'
please get it right

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Strep Vote posted:

No, Nader's guess is the best we've got and fwiw my own optimistic guess was 100k.

Which is particularly brutal because I have no doubt that the 30k number, and how slow it is going up, is influencing policy right now

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

naders article had a number of quotes/sources from un agencies and aid agencies, we already know theres 10s of thousands under rubble and who knows how many dying from famine

and is also based on the famine etc

my own guess is 100k or more

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

100k is ~4% of the population based off of the 2022 estimate that Wikipedia uses, ~5% of the 2020 estimate that Google returns

And like people have said, it's a reasonable lower estimate given the complete breakdown of essential services. I'll be honest if I was in that situation and my loved one died, the last thing that I'm going to stress about is trying to get their body to a hospital so that it can be added to the tally

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Tankbuster posted:

lets not overthink it. Imran Khan's biggest threat was that his reputation and independent base of support.

now lemme tell ya about my theories on mj and ye...

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Dixon Chisholm posted:

thank you sir for your brave stance of 'hamas raped people'

this is not my stance, this is the stance of a figment which people have invented presumably because it's easy to get mad at it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Your mistake is approaching this with an academic's sensibilities instead of just joining the rest of us and going full ape, which may or may not be wise but it's certainly the place for it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
by the way kill israel

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
neuter jizzrael

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Ytlaya posted:

I recommend using Twitter like I do - only reading tweets people post in SA threads. I trust random C-SPAM users more than the Twitter algorithm.

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Elias_Maluco posted:

He is right. gently caress western civilization

edit: good one
https://x.com/ecomarxi/status/1762445405164286117?s=20

I like “pantomime democracy” as a phrase