Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This would make building my fantasy desert island bamboo shelter soooo much easier!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

chrisgt posted:

keep that away from your dick

Yeah, no cutting bamboo after that :muscle:

Sep 26, 2020

giraffe torture device

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I'd be pissed if I was stopped in the middle of the street and a bunch of people came up and ripped my car apart.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

There are so many tanks to find and scrap that the EPA has sent 20 people to come find them all, the furthest ones made it over 1.5 miles out (so far). Most of the batteries are trapped under a heap of collapsed steel, so they can't get at em to smother em with sand yet or whatever. Firefighters just sitting around 24/7 waiting for it to start burning again before spraying it down. Local news coverage

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jeeze what a loser coming into the shop with that attitude, like "I'm going to make a bunch of sloppy cuts today that you can't even charge full price for hurf durf" gently caress off with that noise dude and come back when you can do a proper rabbet

Hm. I guess they made that joke already. Oh well it stays. gently caress off rebate maker before you hurt someone

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
https://youtu.be/V3-UugI0JoA?si=ym3TaaVA-IFly5bS

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I like the two cars who decided they simply thirsted for blood and steered into the oncoming lane.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I'm super upset about the fire engine.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Uthor posted:

I'm super upset about the fire engine.

Literally said "oh no" when I saw it headed for the underpass. Not as bad as the others, at least.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Safety Dance posted:

I like the two cars who decided they simply thirsted for blood and steered into the oncoming lane.

I had to roll back and watch the first one of those again before I noticed the spot where the curb juts out, perfectly angled to redirect your car into the opposing lane. Actively murderous infrastructure design lol.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I had to roll back and watch the first one of those again before I noticed the spot where the curb juts out, perfectly angled to redirect your car into the opposing lane. Actively murderous infrastructure design lol.

It's rural Massachusetts, most of their infrastructure was designed for horses and poo poo.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Modal Auxiliary posted:

It's rural Massachusetts, most of their infrastructure was designed for horses and poo poo.

Finally, someone we can hold accountable!

DOWN WITH HORSES & poo poo LTD.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I feel like backyard chemistry involving Chlorine gas falls under OSHA (or the Australian equivalent) and I enjoyed the Lead bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuD_zzgMdtk

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Safety Dance posted:

The road narrows as well, so if you're not paying attention you'll hit the curb and get shunted into oncoming traffic. You should pay attention though

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha hell yeah gently caress those other people who were paying attention that's what they get

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

And that's what causes that last one, I think. It's a combo of that curb and the bridge height, which then leads to the crash. Once the driver gets out, it's a leisurely afternoon for the Fire Department as they roll up and see what's on fire today.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

lmao at the bollards suddenly appearing after the crash at 1:00

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

koshmar posted:

I feel like backyard chemistry involving Chlorine gas falls under OSHA (or the Australian equivalent) and I enjoyed the Lead bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuD_zzgMdtk
I personally like the bit at 2:14 best (those stones were from me, I couldn't believe it when he said he was making BGO on patreon).

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Karate Bastard posted:

Haha hell yeah gently caress those other people who were paying attention that's what they get

settle down beavis

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Scarodactyl posted:

I personally like the bit at 2:14 best (those stones were from me, I couldn't believe it when he said he was making BGO on patreon).

Right on! Did you produce those samples yourself? It sounds like you've sent Tom things in the past as well.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That extension has been extended to triple length via photoshop.

The original building is bad enough.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

koshmar posted:

Right on! Did you produce those samples yourself? It sounds like you've sent Tom things in the past as well.
Unfortunately I didn't grow them myself (I'm working in crystal growth but it's pretty fiddly), we source offcuts and crydtals that don't meet spec from specialized industrial growers to repurpose as gems. It's a bit OSHA since we've had sellers offer us crystals like zinc selenide or tellurium oxide or gallium arsenide, and one guy ask us about cutting a crystal of gallium phosphide (great optics, releases phosphine gas and kills you if you grind it).

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Z8giSXUm0&t=365s
lmao this loving guy (timestamped)

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This probably belongs simultaneous in this thread, the Schadenfreude thread and the Musk thread:

Shipping CEO Angela Chao, sister of former Cabinet member Elaine Chao, died after car became submerged in pond, WSJ reports

Also Jim Breyer, Mitch McConnell's brother-in-law is her husband, who facilitated Russia’s Takeover of Facebook through Yuri Milner.

quote:

Angela Chao, CEO of shipping company Foremost Group and sister of former US cabinet secretary Elaine Chao, died after her car became submerged in a pond on a Central Texas ranch last month, according to the Wall Street Journal and a report from Blanco County Emergency Services obtained by the Austin American-Statesman.

Chao’s Tesla Model X SUV went over an embankment and into a pond when she put the car in reverse instead of drive during a three-point turn shortly before midnight on February 10, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Emergency workers arrived on the scene 24 minutes after receiving a 911 call, but “due to the terrain and accessibility,” the crew had to walk to the location of the pond before they could begin attempts to rescue Chao, according to the incident report from a Blanco County first responder.

“The two deputies who were in the water standing on the submerged vehicle requested tools to break the window of the vehicle to perform a possible rescue. One EMS crew member donned water rescue PPE and entered the water with a Hallagan tool. One Firefighter entered the water wearing proper water PPE relaying tools to attempt rescue, several tools were used to attempt access to the victim,” the report said.

According to the report, emergency workers contacted dispatch requesting a dive team to the scene for the “completely submerged” vehicle, but none were available.

A tow truck was initially unable to reach the vehicle with tow chains from the opposite bank of the pond because the chains couldn’t reach, the report said. According to the Wall Street Journal, a longer cable was eventually garnered, and the car was pulled from the pond.

At least one tow truck driver had expressed concerns about working with the vehicle, according to the Wall Street Journal, afraid the electric car could pose an electrocution hazard, even though such vehicles are designed not to pose an electric shock risk, even when submerged.

Rumors are she mistook the reverse for forward in the car, ended up in the pond when she backed up, and called a family friend to ask for help (instead of you know, someone who could actually do anything to help).

Here's the easy way to fix it when you're drowning in a Tesla:

quote:

"Shift Using the Center Console In addition to manually shifting on the touchscreen, you can shift by pressing P, R, N or D located on the center console. In most situations, these buttons are not available until you press one of the buttons to activate it. When active, the LEDs associated with each button illuminate and when you select P, R, N or D, the associated LED illuminates amber.

In situations where the touchscreen is unavailable (for example, experiencing a technical issue), or Model X is in Valet or Transport Mode, the drive mode selector on the center console activates automatically and there is no need to touch it."

Hope you all remember that.

Then again, the cops trying to rescue her were equally incompetent it seems, though the windows being impossible to open in an emergency is apparently by design. Well thats one less CEO in the world, well done Mr Musk.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Should have gotten a cybertruck - if it had been able to serve briefly as a boat she might have survived.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheWapplehouse/status/1766616751570137281?t=BojoXF2808yN0wXFfRevkg&s=19

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

you guys, I'm beginning to suspect that Elon Musk should not be allowed to dictate car designs.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Ah, of course, just remove the speaker grill. So simple and obvious.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Platystemon posted:

That extension has been extended to triple length via photoshop.

The original building is bad enough.

poo poo. I didn’t check enough of the pixels. :(

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

I'm not defending Tesla in the slightest, but in the current situation it might be that none of that applies - it was a single occupant whose front doors apparently worked as normal. It could be that the car was tilted dramatically as she valiantly tried to scramble out of the back seats, but that's just dramatic speculation. If someone had driven an ICE car into a pond and died like a fool it'd barely be making the news.

That being said, there is no way I'm ever getting into a Tesla, not to drive nor to be a victim passenger.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > OSHA 5 : Tesla Model 3 - The Rear Passengers Just Die

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
i fuckin' love it when people die lmao

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Serephina posted:

I'm not defending Tesla in the slightest, but in the current situation it might be that none of that applies - it was a single occupant whose front doors apparently worked as normal. It could be that the car was tilted dramatically as she valiantly tried to scramble out of the back seats, but that's just dramatic speculation. If someone had driven an ICE car into a pond and died like a fool it'd barely be making the news.

That being said, there is no way I'm ever getting into a Tesla, not to drive nor to be a victim passenger.

It wouldn't make the news if they weren't turbo-rich tbh.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
tbh if I'm rich enough to have a pond just offroad from one mansion to the other on the same property, I'd put in some tasteful bollards or something

offroad crashes into water are pretty killy

obviously

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Google Jeb Bush posted:

tbh if I'm rich enough to have a pond just offroad from one mansion to the other on the same property, I'd put in some tasteful bollards or something

offroad crashes into water are pretty killy

obviously

If it was me i would just buy a car that can function briefly as a boat.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Serephina posted:

Opening a car door under water is hard.

Here's a clip of Adam Savage for the OSHA thread, but not doing something stupid in his shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YaMEW30bv4

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

might be a good idea to have that special escape hammer in every car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

By popular demand posted:

might be a good idea to have that special escape hammer in every car.

A Box of Tesla grade escape hammers.