Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

The Democrat voter outreach apparatus has really lost its edge in the last 15 years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax posted:

On October 22, 2008, Todd claimed that she was robbed at knifepoint by a "six-foot-four African American of medium build, dressed in dark clothes wearing shiny shoes" at a Citizens Bank ATM in the Bloomfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. She also alleged that after the robber saw a McCain bumper sticker on Todd's car, he assaulted her, cut a reversed letter B into her cheek,[4] and told her "you are going to be a Barack supporter."[5]

On October 24, Todd confessed to inventing the story after police reviewed surveillance camera photos and administered a polygraph test.[7] She now said that she had seen the backwards "B" on her face while driving, and although she did not remember how she got it, assumed that she herself had done it because she had had previous episodes of memory loss.[3] According to police, Todd provided no explanation of why she had told them the story about the mugging instead.[8]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

It cost me roughly $2500 (ticket, trip, hotel) to go to Super Bowl 44 and see the Saints win their only Super Bowl. Ask me if I’d rather have that or the $2500 back in the bank.

my trip to Super Bowl 51 was about $5000 total and with how that game went it woulda been a steal at double the price.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

She was approached by a man with a clipboard?

:ohdear:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Outpost22 posted:

I can't believe Joe Brandon banned big boobs in America. :(

Big boobs are inefficient. A wasteful frivolity.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shishkahuben posted:

The Democrat voter outreach apparatus has really lost its edge in the last 15 years

Illegal Democrat gang Los Locos kicked my balls into outer space!!!!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sockser posted:

Tweet's wrong, we're killing leap seconds and just doing one big leap minute and pushing the problem several generations down the road

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/leap-second-year-utc-atomic-clock-nist

havnt had my coffee yet and the leap hour has fucke dwith me, but isnt it better to smear and spread the leap second over the day instead of the single sec. leap?

also my solution to daylight savings is get rid of it and then to just adjust our scheduals and routines plusminus like 15 or 30 mins through out the season. people and businesses are agile and smart enough to do that surely.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

spunkshui posted:

She was approached by a man with a clipboard?

:ohdear:

and even casually greeted her with a "hello", imagine the horror

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

So are big dicks, and yet there YOU are

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

PhazonLink posted:

havnt had my coffee yet and the leap hour has fucke dwith me, but isnt it better to smear and spread the leap second over the day instead of the single sec. leap?

There's been 37 total leap-seconds in the 50 years since it was introduced, and as society has gotten more and more reliant on every single clock being in-sync, adding leap seconds has becoming an increasing pain in the rear end to manage at a high level

So you just give everyone ten years notice to get their systems ready for a minute jump and do it once and be ahead of the game

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sockser posted:

There's been 37 total leap-seconds in the 50 years since it was introduced, and as society has gotten more and more reliant on every single clock being in-sync, adding leap seconds has becoming an increasing pain in the rear end to manage at a high level

So you just give everyone ten years notice to get their systems ready for a minute jump and do it once and be ahead of the game

bold to assume we will be around in 10 years

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

These are the types of people who run out of their house and start shooting guns when a non-white person walks past their house on the sidewalk and then claim they did it in self defense because they felt threatened. And they were waiting for that opportunity.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Shishkahuben posted:

Carving a B into your face to own the libs

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Grower not a shower, best of both worlds. Small so as to prevent a challenging target to the enemy, large so as to deposit semen as close as possible to the egg.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

Carving a B into your face to own the libs

the wrong way, backwards

https://i.imgur.com/9bOOK5J.mp4

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1766842778464502022

Incredible. Mace and the GOP have literally no morals.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol nancy mace is the most ridiculous person

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

thats not how voter regging works, never seen or been taught cold walk up "pitches".

like most things walking sucks and we set up a booth/table and let interested people come to us.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Holding me responsible for my beliefs? What is this world coming to?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

kazil posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1766842778464502022

Incredible. Mace and the GOP have literally no morals.

I can't say what actually deserves to be said about this woman. People will get mad.

Just know that I disagree with her line of thought and this disingenuous, logical fallacy argument she's making...

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

Shishkahuben posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Todd_mugging_hoax posted:

On October 22, 2008, Todd claimed that she was robbed at knifepoint by a "six-foot-four African American of medium build, dressed in dark clothes wearing shiny shoes" at a Citizens Bank ATM in the Bloomfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh. She also alleged that after the robber saw a McCain bumper sticker on Todd's car, he assaulted her, cut a reversed letter B into her cheek,[4] and told her "you are going to be a Barack supporter."[5]

On October 24, Todd confessed to inventing the story after police reviewed surveillance camera photos and administered a polygraph test.[7] She now said that she had seen the backwards "B" on her face while driving, and although she did not remember how she got it, assumed that she herself had done it because she had had previous episodes of memory loss.[3] According to police, Todd provided no explanation of why she had told them the story about the mugging instead.[8]

Super believable story.

Reminds me of the time I was assaulted by a blue-haired person in a vagina hat with black eyes. They saw my Jesus bumper sticker, and said "Not so fast. I, a Satanist, command you to vote for Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. this November, on behalf of my Dark Lord." and carved "JRB Jr." into my forehead because that is what people do.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

bird with big dick posted:

Boobs enjoyed are not boobs wasted.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Breast hoarders of the boobgeoisie need to have their mammary wealth redistributed to all us poor flatties of the world.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

lol Trump: He shouldn't say that

everytime i see graham. i think of this song. but less Optimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVoglgJjRg

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
adjacent to leap day stuff. snow days should be protected. like apparently nyc had a recent botched non snowday because the teleconferencing software choked up. nyc mayor : "we have the technology"

like i dont care if a super future civ has perfect robot swarm cleaners that clean the walks, roads and cars in mins. and we have cool exo suits, if theres X inches of snow, you have a snow day

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
What has America come to? People are getting boobs carved into their faces now?!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Outpost22 posted:

What has America come to? People are getting boobs carved into their faces now?!

the yoots these days, smh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1766854921914081752

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1766853708967506187

also maybe we could tone down the horny a bit

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Well I'm all dried up now, thanks!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
how can she be a veep and whatever office she's running for when she already (super secret shadow ) governor?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
Technically no matter when and what is happening in this thread, we're always oogling big boobs.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Cornwind Evil posted:

Technically no matter when and what is happening in this thread, we're always oogling big boobs.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

emSparkly posted:

Breast hoarders of the boobgeoisie need to have their mammary wealth redistributed to all us poor flatties of the world.

My friend offered to be a titty donor, we really just need to set up a healthcare program now to distribute.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Cornwind Evil posted:

:trumppop::trumppop::trumppop:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Fishmasher posted:

I looked up who owns that network (he's also behind bannon's war room).

Robert J. Sigg was charged with mortgage fraud in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado and was convicted in 2006. He had previously been arrested for burglary and assault in Jefferson County, Colorado, drug distribution in Weld County, Colorado, domestic violence in Parker, Colorado, and assault and battery in Aurora, Colorado. He's been arrested dozens of times in total, plus some money-related civil cases.

Also, his son Austin confessed to abducting and murdering 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

This is a fascinating rabbit hole

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
lol Trump: In this thread, we're always oogling big boobs.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

kazil posted:

also maybe we could tone down the horny a bit

....like, smaller boobs?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

And how're we supposed to do that when you keep posting all these pictures of Kari Lake?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Cornwind Evil posted:

:hai:

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

I can't say what actually deserves to be said about this woman. People will get mad.

Just know that I disagree with her line of thought and this disingenuous, logical fallacy argument she's making...

That's called the Republican party. They're just pulling poo poo where they don't want to acknowledge that the only reason Trump isn't being found guilty in a criminal trial is because it's past the statue of limitations. Whereas in a civil trial, not so much. Plus her lies about how this somehow makes it harder for people to come forward about rape, which are lies at face value - considering how once Carroll started talking, how many other rape victims started speaking up? So the kinds of rape victims she *doesn't* want to speak up by definition are the kind that could impact her political party. Thus this is the standard "party before country" bullshit.

The republican party is not solely responsible but is easily the epitome of the old adage: "How can you tell when a politician is lying? when their lips are moving."

TLDR: the standard "lie faster than people can correct us -> soundbyte -> GOTCHA! "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

notwithoutmyanus posted:

her lies about how this somehow makes it harder for people to come forward about rape

It is already hard for people to come forward about that. It's automatically stressful. It can be especially humiliating when there are so many who will also automatically distrust their claims and start treating THEM as the evil one in that scenario.

But, yeah, look at Jimmy Savile. The man was a monstrous serial predator but people were afraid to come forward because of his money and fame and power and they knew what ire and hatred they'd draw from simply raising their hand. It wasn't until he was dead that someone came forward... and then 8... and then 30.... and then 72... and then...

It's gross. It's sad. I don't know why I'm even typing this all out other than to acknowledge the pain and fear people are forced to go through.