Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Did I miss Princess Peach Showtime demo chat? What’d y’all think of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

wizard2 posted:

which you cant even do anymore because of freaking #DEXIT :negative: :negative: :negative: :britain:

there are only 3 pokemon that you can't catch on the switch, aside from the ones you can never ever catch anywhere

RME
Feb 20, 2012

All the console online plans are scams but that ship has more than sailed at this point

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

zokie posted:

I have two questions, do you really have to pay Nintendo money to be allowed to play with other people online? What absolute bullshit if so, glad I got my PC.

Second question, is there someplace I can get Super Smash Bros explained to me? Because there doesn’t seem to be a tutorial and everything is happening everywhere all at once. I’m just so confused and there doesn’t seem to be any causal connection between me sometimes smashing my opponent into the stratosphere or just giving them a little push…

Holy gently caress lmao

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I love this thread :h:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Muscle Tracer posted:

there are only 3 pokemon that you can't catch on the switch, aside from the ones you can never ever catch anywhere

yeah, it's fine. I just remembered that people were pretending to be mad about roster cuts with a lovely hashtag. what are the 3?

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

sponges posted:

Did I miss Princess Peach Showtime demo chat? What’d y’all think of it?

I thought it was really cute and liked the taste of varied gameplay. I think if it all played like swordfighter Peach it would get pretty boring but the patissiere mode was a fun change of pace. I'm waiting to see how much game you actually get before deciding if I want to buy it though. I think it would also be fun for kids and not too frustrating, the gameplay is pretty forgiving.

I also played the Mario vs DK demo and that was fun, too. I like little platforming puzzle games and I remember liking the DS game when I played it ages ago.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RME posted:

All the console online plans are scams but that ship has more than sailed at this point

Xbox's one contribution before they become third party.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
New screenshots of Paper Mario TTYD from Japanese Website

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mr.Acula posted:

Holy gently caress lmao

when i first started posting in this thread i thought some of the replies were perhaps unnecessarily hostile. but after seeing the calibre of the weird takes and posts that keep cropping up i now understand.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Regardless I don’t think being rude is ever called for. Nothing wrong in an earnest answer to a disingenuous question.

Besides Nintendo Online service is pretty bad but it’s all we got so whatever.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

God that looks fantastic

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Regardless I don’t think being rude is ever called for. Nothing wrong in an earnest answer to a disingenuous question.

actually people should be trolled mercilessly for being dumb

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I pay for Nintendo online but I never actually play anything online, I just don't enjoy online multiplayer that much. I'm mainly paying for the classic games library and the game trials. I do play the various 99 games from time to time though. Even though those are online they feel more like a challenging single player game

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 10, 2024

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I pray for Nintendo online

I pray for nintendo online too... pray it will get better!!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

100YrsofAttitude posted:

gently caress off bitch.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I played Smash online for years, it was with a friend group so we all pitched for the family plan to make it cheaper. 8 bucks a year beats the poo poo out of 60. Some of them really wanted the GBA stuff so we upgraded even though we don't play smash together often.

I also do splatoon but I fell off 3 really hard. The online and gyro being so much worse than fortnite on PS5 really ruined things.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MorningMoon posted:

8 bucks a year beats the poo poo out of 60.

NSO is $20

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Wintendo Switch Online

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Family plan is 35 so 4 friends sharing emails split to roughly 8 bux

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I should really cancel my NSO. I haven't played anything online in like a year. This is how they get ya isn't it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

symbolic posted:

God that looks fantastic

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

SettingSun posted:

I should really cancel my NSO.

:hmmwrong:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I figured out smash bros as an autistic 8 year old

they are right to laugh at him

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Dang, that was not what I was expecting, but happy to provide entertainment. I didn’t mean to be all PCGAMER it just feels so unreal that I would have to pay to play online, or rather that I have to pay someone other than my internet provider… But I guess that’s how it’s done in the console world

Thanks for the explanations from those who answered

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

zokie posted:

Dang, that was not what I was expecting, but happy to provide entertainment. I didn’t mean to be all PCGAMER it just feels so unreal that I would have to pay to play online, or rather that I have to pay someone other than my internet provider… But I guess that’s how it’s done in the console world

Thanks for the explanations from those who answered

Didn't come up over the three months since you got the console?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

HopperUK posted:

Didn't come up over the three months since you got the console?

Tbf if you have no interest in Smash or Splatoon you basically never need to touch Switch Online other than the store or patches.

And yeah this is why most multiplayer heavy/only games have a bigger community on PC since you don't have to deal with PS Plus or Nintendo Online (does Xbox Live Gold still exist)

mycot fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 10, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

mycot posted:

Tbf if you have no interest in Smash or Splatoon you basically never need to touch Switch Online other than the store or patches.

I suppose. I got it for Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I pay for NSO so I can play Rygar. Everything else is just a bonus

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Mario Kart should probably be added to that list of online titles to care about

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope it will be good

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Well it’s a remake of TTYD so the chances are pretty low. :twisted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

American McGay posted:

reported. see your clown rear end in the LC

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Seriously though when it was first announced watching the trailer I for some reason assumed it was an HD trilogy pack of 64/TTYD/Super. That would have been a really nice package.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I personally have little issue with it. It worked well enough when I needed it but it was mainly just for Splatoon and Smash, and now I don't really play either. I've done my fair share of the Online Consoles, but barely tried the 64 games (I really should get the special controller because they're weird on the pro-controller, but I don't want to shell out for another peripheral). I should dig into those, because I this point I'm paying for a service I hardly use, but as has been pointed out it's pretty drat cheap so it's a bit of a wash.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

American McGay posted:

:mods:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

A remake of Super please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

American McGay posted:

Your posting is out of control!