Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i dont know why catula exists and i loving love him

are you gonna post the picture of atwood cosplaying angel catbird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

David mack and Matt kindt among the art contributors :shepface:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kennel posted:

Can't go wrong with the classics

:buddy:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Turns out Super Rabbit was originally a patriotic 1944-1948 comic before being resurrected to promote violence an chewing gum.
Since I find old media fascinating here are some samples from the first issue: (content warning:Nazis and some old timey racism)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

SOUBOUTEI
MUST
BE
DESTROYED

RIP

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This seems like it would have been an important detail to tell all of the country's foremost ghostbusting experts you just sent into the mansion with a large military detachment, instead of only telling an orphan and a kid who turns into drills

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My neighbor told me Souboutei keeps eating his exorcists so I asked how many exorcists he has and he said he just goes to the government and gets a new exorcist afterwards so I said it sounds like he's just feeding exorcists to Souboutei and then his daughter started crying

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

My neighbor told me Souboutei keeps eating his exorcists so I asked how many exorcists he has and he said he just goes to the government and gets a new exorcist afterwards so I said it sounds like he's just feeding exorcists to Souboutei and then his daughter started crying

lmao

The dude who accidentally dropped those slides from the powerpoint is sooooo getting fired

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

I'll censor this to keep it imgur safe. Visit the official site for full frontal male nudity: https://www.tigertigercomic.com/tiger-tiger/441 :nws:

Tiger, Tiger

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Full Frontal Nudity?! not on these forums!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggrYN3UVTUk&t=62s

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Blarghalt posted:

I wanna slow down for a second here to really hammer in how completely schizophrenic the veers are here. First, our hero discovers he's a cat hybrid. He meets Cat Dracula at a cat club, which casually reveals the existence of Cat Vampirism, and now we're going to his lair at Cat Catula. This has all the twists and turns of a 10 year old coming up with their own plot to their favorite cartoon, except a lot less coherent.

Yeah, it's awesome and I sincerely love this comic. Pure concentrated silver age nonsense, authentic comic gibberish.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I love how the four step plan he has inexplicably copied to a USB stick has two steps for getting the serum and then a single step for the rest of conquering the world.

Also it must be really awkward for our hero at work. His boss tried to murder him and if he does his job then this boss will take over the world so he just has to come in and try to look busy all day.

Qwertycoatl has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Mar 10, 2024

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

prev
One more for today. The start of Act 2 for :catdrugs: ANGEL CATBIRD :catdrugs:

So many of these blurbs read like the person writing them had a gun held to their head.

Just to refresh everyone on the plot thus far: Catula is taking Strig to Count Catula. Also, no, that's it.

"We'll get revenge for Alleycat!"

YOU BURIED HIM IN A STRANGER'S BACKYARD

So like, they know who Dr. Muroid is, right? They know where is office is and probably where his Evil Warehouse Lair is. What's preventing Catula from just going bat and putting a slug between Dr. Rat's eyes? Also Strig being horny but that's going to be basically every page where it's in the frame.

Also enjoying how badly this comic tries and fails to make out rats as this massive threat they must constantly be vigilant for.

Here's a panel where Strig hears the hooting of an owl, and this makes him so uncontrollably horny that he immediately shifts into his :catdrugs: ANGEL CATBIRD :catdrugs: form to chase after it.

As Strig goes off in search of a new girlfriend, Dr. Muroid mulls over a plan that falls just short of tying Love Interest to some Old West train tracks.

Dr. Muroid really, really wants to gently caress these rats. He will move Heaven, Earth and Valhalla to bone these rats. His lust of rats inspires in him a Prothemthean drive to fire-searching that stands above that tallest giants of Einsten and Newton.

Back in the woods, Strig comes across a shapeshifting owl, who with zero leadup or foreplay immediately declares that she wants to gently caress his grotesque abomination self and have his angel cat-owl mutant egg babies.

Margaret Atwood wrote this
CONT'D

Blarghalt has a new favorite as of 07:03 on Mar 11, 2024

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Wow, this comic has two women!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Qwertycoatl posted:

Also it must be really awkward for our hero at work. His boss tried to murder him and if he does his job then this boss will take over the world so he just has to come in and try to look busy all day.

He works in finance?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm running out of words to describe how horny this comic is, my sad teenage self looks on with amazement from the past.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Blarghalt posted:

So like, they know who Dr. Muroid is, right? They know where is office is and probably where his Evil Warehouse Lair is. What's preventing Catula from just going bat and putting a slug between Dr. Rat's eyes? Also Strig being horny but that's going to be basically every page where it's in the frame.

This is probably my favorite part. The leader of the bad guy and the leader of the good guys know who and what each other are and they work in the same office and see each other every day in the cafeteria and go "gee, I really want to murder my archenemy over there who I am opposed to on every conceivable level. oh well, another day at the grindstone."

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I want to make an effortpost about the challenges of writing good villains in a superhero setting, and why it's particularly dumb to have a protagonist who can fly, transform, and is physically superior in every way be put up at odds against a villain whose power is that he can control lots of small things that are only dangerous as a group when the villain has no element of surprise and whose location is easily known to the protagonist, but it all feels kind of pointless in the face of how perpetually horny the entire comic is. None of that really matters when the next page an owl lady flies in and is like, "hey let's gently caress I'm a demigod" and the protagonist is like, "drat that would be cool but I've got a thing"

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

Time for a very special Nick & Lever.

I'm going to post this one on it's own because, honestly, it's my absolute favourite chapter hands down.

Chapter 58: Go, go! Nick & Lever!!

Lever knows he must act.

Lever what are you doing? Lever watch out!

Our hero flies into the fiery fray but who's this familiar face?

Tooh!

Jokes aside this is exactly why you should never actually try being a hero and enter a burning building. I also wonder how the flame effect was done? I doesn't look like screen tone, it's more like brush work of some kind.

!!

Their muscles are large. Their friendship (and heroism!) is larger!

Finish with a sick rear end lense flare! I swear, if N&L doesn't get an animated adaption one day I am going to pay a pair of them Youtube voice actor types to do a dramatic reading of some chapters. This one in particular.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:shepspends: set up a crowdfunding platform!
Maybe I can do the colouring.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
The more I read the more I feel like Atwood actually hates comics and this is just her platform for making fun at what she thinks they are

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

CheeseThief posted:

Time for a very special Nick & Lever.

I'm going to post this one on it's own because, honestly, it's my absolute favourite chapter hands down.

Chapter 58: Go, go! Nick & Lever!!

Lever knows he must act.

Lever what are you doing? Lever watch out!

Our hero flies into the fiery fray but who's this familiar face?

Tooh!

Jokes aside this is exactly why you should never actually try being a hero and enter a burning building. I also wonder how the flame effect was done? I doesn't look like screen tone, it's more like brush work of some kind.

!!

Their muscles are large. Their friendship (and heroism!) is larger!

Finish with a sick rear end lense flare! I swear, if N&L doesn't get an animated adaption one day I am going to pay a pair of them Youtube voice actor types to do a dramatic reading of some chapters. This one in particular.
I love N&L, get AI to make videos of their adventures!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I never realized how badly I need HBO to greenlight Angel Catbird sight unseen as the hot new prestige TV show

No, HBO execs, you don't need to waste time reading the material, it's got Atwood's name on it you can approve it right now

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Maybe partial coloring (see below) for this episode to enhance the tense action feel?

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Kennel posted:

I'll censor this to keep it imgur safe. Visit the official site for full frontal male nudity: https://www.tigertigercomic.com/tiger-tiger/441 :nws:

Tiger, Tiger

Caterpillar Kurenai strikes again!

Hyouge Mono Ceremony 62: Anarchy in Japan

I see a black cup and I want it painted red...

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier Episode 31.4: The Genius Actor Gives Jousting a Go

Does this count as frontal nudity?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

KennyMan666 posted:

OA: The Man Who Does Whatever Comes To His Mind

...so that was actually the last two pages of The Man Who Does Whatever Comes To His Mind. But we do have a single installment with his counterpart...

The Woman Who Does Whatever Comes To Her Mind

Sign over door: Clergy

There is more Oskar Andersson, so we're not done yet, though I probably won't be posting everything from the book.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Sludge Knight: Gomorrah & Namekuji Part One

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Blarghalt posted:

So many of these blurbs read like the person writing them had a gun held to their head.

G.Willow Wilson is 100% right.

Lunar Maladies

Started trying to read Heirs of the Veil https://heirsoftheveil.com and gave up about halfway thru. Didn't find any of the characters, setting, plot or art interesting enough to continue.

fritz has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Mar 10, 2024

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

This artist has never walked in a forest

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Tree Bucket posted:

This artist has never walked in a forest

Or does it accurately reflect the fact that cats walk on their toes :thunk:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

Or does it accurately reflect the fact that cats walk on their toes :thunk:

Yeah well cats also fastidiously lick themselves all over, and it's not like... this comic would never... oh nooooooo

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh god don't tempt the fates!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Wherein Strig discovers it’s more like sucking dick than getting your dick sucked

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

We're all suffering from lack of prince Val and bid him a safe return at earliest convenience

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah that sucking-dick post made me think of prince valiant as well

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

We're all suffering from lack of prince Val and bid him a safe return at earliest convenience

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Friends, it could have been worse
So much worse

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Bird Angelcat in the streets, Bird Catangel in the sheets :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emzedoh