Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Ninurta posted:

Hello to the new season.

Ca-KAW!

I loving love this variant. Rincione’s stuff is so unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
That's cool for PAX East attendees. Why would they give it away or make it available to everyone after it? Physical TCGs have lots of cosmetics/variants they give away at cons that are exclusive to those events.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wish they made Captain America somewhat playable, he has such good variants but has truly been forgotten by time. The ant-man buff gives me some hope I guess.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

canyonero posted:

That's cool for PAX East attendees. Why would they give it away or make it available to everyone after it? Physical TCGs have lots of cosmetics/variants they give away at cons that are exclusive to those events.

Making stuff convention-only has always been dumb, especially since many conventions limit attendance (SDCC sold out in over an hour, I think?).

But it costs SD literally nothing to make the variant/card back an achievable item later.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Firebert posted:

I wish they made Captain America somewhat playable, he has such good variants but has truly been forgotten by time. The ant-man buff gives me some hope I guess.

I remember Glenn saying that some cards are just meant to stay series 1/2 staples. Agreed about his variants though, they're all good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I imagine that card back will be in an expensive bundle later, but probably not for a year or so

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

canyonero posted:

This, also (as I have to remind myself before buying bundles sometimes) they're exclusive JPEGs.

If they were giving PAX attendees an exclusive new card, like when Pokémon events gave away Mew or whatever, then I'd have an aneurysm.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Maneck posted:

The season pass was a no-brainer if you liked the game because of the gold value. I'm sitting on a big stack of gold, and there hasn't been a good bundle to use it on in ages.

I’m assuming good gold bundles are a thing of the past and that’s one of the reasons they put a blinder on data mining. I started spending my gold on variants to fill the albums enough to get credits and keys. Don’t really care about emotes.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Galactus going ok like one punch man is my only emote desire

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Devo posted:

I’m assuming good gold bundles are a thing of the past and that’s one of the reasons they put a blinder on data mining. I started spending my gold on variants to fill the albums enough to get credits and keys. Don’t really care about emotes.

Five separate bundles in the shop. Six if you count the "pro" deal. All cash only.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

And then in 6 months once the gold is depleted they’re going to bring gold bundles back

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Galactus going ok like one punch man is my only emote desire

Same but I expect it to be an expensive collection.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Well I hope Ben Brode is happy with himself. I became the thing I hate and hit infinite with this junk deck. It pulled out some sneaky 8-cubers between Galactus and Alioth. A lot of people played out a game when I had two goblins stacked in one lane with Jeff on my side. Shang-Chi is probably replaceable for another tech card but he worked well for me. I also used a basic Sera Tech deck and KMBest's Loki Dino deck for a while.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Selene
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Ravonna Renslayer
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Viper
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Sentry
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Annihilus
# (6) Alioth
# (6) Galactus
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5uaWhpbHVzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb29kIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbGlvdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbGVuZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlwZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJSYXZvbm5hUmVuc2xheWVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcmVlbkdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNlbnRyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHYWxhY3R1cyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

If anyone is looking at double booking the weekend missions, I made infinite this morning with this list from Dekks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--5Av6vgZ3w

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Devo posted:

If anyone is looking at double booking the weekend missions, I made infinite this morning with this list from Dekks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--5Av6vgZ3w
I won four in a row with this

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Jedit posted:

I'm not making a single pull for Pixie despite having 17 keys. The Mobius variant is that bad.

The farther you get away from tuesday drop the chance of pulling the first card goes up. I've always gotten the first card doing pulls days after.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I've been having better luck with this one:

#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXN0eUtuaWdodCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUGl4aWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZX4tmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIb3BlU3VtbWVycyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGlnaEV2b2x1dGlvbmFyeSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUHJvZmVzc29yWCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQWxpb3RoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJIdWxrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDeWNsb3BzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGVIdWxrIn1dfQ==

# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Similar deck but Pixie & Hope feel more like bonuses rather than being necessary, and it doesn't die to Mobius. Not saying it's definitely better than the one just posted but I was able to bang out the weekend missions with it.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

The problem with making infinite is now I keep getting matched with people in the top 500 and they're all playing loving Hela

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Devo posted:

The problem with making infinite is now I keep getting matched with people in the top 500 and they're all playing loving Hela

Hella.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I'm hella sick of hela

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

incoherent posted:

The farther you get away from tuesday drop the chance of pulling the first card goes up. I've always gotten the first card doing pulls days after.

Is this true or anecdotal

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Fate Accomplice posted:

Is this true or anecdotal

Anecdotal, though I can’t act as if I’ve had different anecdotes. Could be self selecting bias in the memory though.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
It's 100% anecdotal, just like my experience: I've grabbed every new card in its Spotlight Cache starting with Man-Thing on December 5. Only once (Beta Ray Bill - 4 keys) did I need to use more than 2 keys. I'm sitting at 8 keys at the moment. I have told myself I'll skip the rest this season save for War Machine, but I'm sure I'll see some Cozy video featuring Mockingbird and waste a key or 4. Thankfully most of next season seems pretty uninteresting to me other than White Widow (and she'll be changed anyway).

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Just got robbed of 4 cubes by a loving bot because Westview rolled Worldship.

gently caress you Brode!

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Skippy McPants posted:

The real answer is the FTP games pull this poo poo all the time.
It's also just about optimisation. Do as many people spend $20 if it has 20% less stuff in it? What about if it has the same stuff but costs 20% more? The optimum numbers aren't obvious and move, so they are forever testing around. There's almost certainly a 10% edge they can find for getting the number right, which is worth the time to mess around with it.

The licence fee they pay is inconsequential to its value. The only reason I could see for them trying to escape it for new pastures would be if Marvel has a terrible licencing department that insists on having way too much oversight on every piece of art and design around their characters and it was entirely throttling their ability to actually make the game.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

it will always be so funny to me to see a destroy deck immediately fold on an armor > cosmo play

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ijyt posted:

it will always be so funny to me to see a destroy deck immediately fold on an armor > cosmo play

people who play armor and cosmo in the same deck are cowards

godogg
Dec 29, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

people who play armor and cosmo in the same deck are cowards

Hey a lot of us just really like slamming Destroyer T6

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Destroy can still beat Armor + Cosmo if they got rolling early enough and that's even funnier imo

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Just had an opponent make a Nico copy of Deadpool, and my Pixie'd Cyclops plinked both down to 0 before they were able to destroy them. Ended up winning 4 cubes, no idea why they finished the game after that.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Argh, stupid loving time change. Missions don't refresh for another 45 minutes.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ijyt posted:

My favourite is when they're going full hog destroying everything making themselves a big Venom and I've dropped Mr Neg and Jane and for some reason they don't guess that on T7 I'm going to be putting Knull into both of those very telegraphed lanes with Iron Man in.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

MissMarple posted:

The licence fee they pay is inconsequential to its value. The only reason I could see for them trying to escape it for new pastures would be if Marvel has a terrible licencing department that insists on having way too much oversight on every piece of art and design around their characters and it was entirely throttling their ability to actually make the game.

Disney found out how expensive it is to bring ALL gaming in house after terminating Marvel Heroes and doing poo poo like Disney infinity in house. It’s far easier to take a good cut from licensing. I think they’ll be fine. When they STOP talking about major updates be worried.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Mar 10, 2024

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i'd rather the game fail than become the evil it was originally designed to stand apart from

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

At least they haven't tried dynamic pricing yet, I remember when Avengers Alliance pulled that bullshit

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Opopanax posted:

At least they haven't tried dynamic pricing yet, I remember when Avengers Alliance pulled that bullshit

I'm afraid to ask what that even entails

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They had special characters you could only get by being at high rank in PVP (starting with Deadpool). Eventually they decided to release them for gold, but they straight up did it at 3 different price points randomly assigned to everyone to see what people would spend

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Aren't they already doing that with the "for you" bundles people have been talking about?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

incoherent posted:

Disney found out how expensive it is to bring ALL gaming in house after terminating Marvel Heroes and doing poo poo like Disney infinity in house. It’s far easier to take a good cut from licensing. I think they’ll be fine. When they STOP talking about major updates be worried.

Brode has a great interview on a podcast, Friends per Second where he says that before leaving Blizzard to found second dinner he had taken meetings with a former blizzard exec he had a working relationship who was now heading up Disneys new games division, and all Disney wanted to do was licensed IP to high quality game devs.

Disney always wanted Brode to make them a game, in fact it was a mobile marvel game before it was even decided that it would be a card game.

It's actually a great interview if you can track it down, Brode tends to just do short ones where he's just trying to get his enthusiasm for the game out, but this was longer and he tells some really great anecdotes about the earliest development decisions for Snap.

Like how he prototyped snapping by playing hearthstone games and just keeping track of imaginary cubes to see how it felt to gamble on the outcome of a game.

GarudaPrime fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Devo posted:

Aren't they already doing that with the "for you" bundles people have been talking about?

No, the For You bundles do at least appear to be consistent in their price by content. Some people get offered more expensive bundles, but those bundles also have more currency in them. What Opop is talking about is charging different people different prices for the same thing, to see where people draw the line at how much they'll pay.