Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

solarjetman posted:

Yeah this is pretty accurate. He can get open but he doesn't make contested catches well enough to be an outside deep threat. If he could take hits and stay healthy he could be a slot guy, but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

He's a less good version of Demaryius Thomas, who also always got poo poo for being soft. Jeudy plays like he has absolutely zero interest in anyone being physical with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

being a big ol' giggly fanboy for Donny is much funnier than the Brady locker incident

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

The337th posted:

being a big ol' giggly fanboy for Donny is much funnier than the Brady locker incident

Even funnier that he's dragged Burrow along with him

https://x.com/big_business_/status/1766722971022843936?s=20

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

which will make their team Great Again?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kevino07 posted:

White people from Ohio tbh

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Kevino07 posted:

Lordy. Burrow and Lamar are more similar than I originally thought.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
The most solid case of early CTE that I've ever seen

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Burrow sucks

Mahomes stay winning

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:thunk:

https://x.com/dnewtonespn/status/1766770512380706948?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Main interview for this is a rival GM

quote:

It's too early,'' said Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Jason Licht. "You can't take anything away from Stroud. He had a great year. Unbelievable.

"But it's still too early to tell. It wouldn't surprise me, as good as Bryce was in college, if he rebounds and has a helluva year this year.''

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

I love them comparing Young's season with Josh Allen's just based on the raw TD and INT numbers, even though Bryce had like 200 more attempts and 5 more starts.

We'll also just ignore that Bryce is an anomaly due to his size and doesn't have elite athleticism, while Josh Allen is a loving monster with every tool in the box.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

There’s no way that Licht said any of that with a straight face

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fields not having any more of a market than the teams looking in the Darnold and Drew Lock bin.

Fowler posted:

The idea that Chicago could get a second-round pick for Fields no longer seems likely, but it's always possible that one of these QB-needy teams will get panicky once other options fly off the board, so it behooves GM Ryan Poles to wait.

Right now, the message the Bears are getting back from teams is that they don't consider Fields more of a sure thing than other potential one-year options such as Sam Darnold or Drew Lock, who wouldn't come with the fifth-year option decision that Fields' eventual team will have to make by early May.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Really hope Burrow just happened to be around Trump who insisted on a photo or something and not, y'know a fan of his.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Search your heart, you know the answer.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

He’s both pro-choice and anti-gun so I think it’s more likely that he was hanging with Bosa and got roped into a photo, but if anyone wants to disavow the dastardly Bengals and join the ranks of the Ravens flock you are welcome (please don’t do any research beforehand tia)

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Freaquency posted:

He’s both pro-choice and anti-gun so I think it’s more likely that he was hanging with Bosa and got roped into a photo, but if anyone wants to disavow the dastardly Bengals and join the ranks of the Ravens flock you are welcome (please don’t do any research beforehand tia)

gently caress the entire AFC North is also an option

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I really really doubt Joe burrow is a trump guy, he cares about poverty and stuff

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Source about Mr Burrow having good policy views?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I don't care who my friends are, I would never pose for a photo with the guy who is literally worshiped by racists and maniacs who proudly use "gently caress you, got mine" as their daily mantra and do everything possible to oppress minorities and keep poor people firmly under the boot of capitalism if I actually gave a poo poo about poverty and stuff

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I really really doubt Joe burrow is a trump guy, he cares about poverty and stuff

Yeah and then he got big paid.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait wait wait

The rich white guy is voting for the rear end in a top hat who will help him keep more of his money?!??

NOT ON MY WATCH

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Bismack Billabongo posted:

plenty of Trump voters regularly volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters my man, probably more often than you

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1766921030608502847?s=20

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait wait wait

The rich white guy is voting for the rear end in a top hat who will help him keep more of his money?!??

NOT ON MY WATCH

Joe Biden is also an rear end in a top hat who will help keep him more of his money

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The only difference between Trump and every NFL owner is he's poorer then all of 'em.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

indigi posted:

plenty of Trump voters regularly volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters my man, probably more often than you

Hell yeah own him by making up your own fanfic about a stranger

The supernatural crossover will be devastating

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

Fields not having any more of a market than the teams looking in the Darnold and Drew Lock bin.

I thought it was funny when Poles made noise about wanting to deal Fields before free agency opened to do right by him or whatever. Then apparently insisted on high end compensation. Like who did he think was sprinting over to take Fields for a first or second in early March

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hell yeah own him by making up your own fanfic about a stranger

The supernatural crossover will be devastating

lol getting sloppy

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
There’s video of Burrow meeting him:

https://x.com/mysportsupdate/status/1766708675895320812?s=46&t=3bRAS8rH63t1Hw7nhc27QA

Needless to say, Burrow is a lot less effusive than Bosa.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Source about Mr Burrow having good policy views?

https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-burrow-champions-abortion-rights-110846586.html

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/joe-burrow-calls-for-gun-control-reform

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/sports/as-joe-burrow-spoke-of-hunger-his-hometown-felt-the-lift.html

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

The man stood and smiled with Donald loving trump and people are defending it lol if your friends are that giddy about meeting Donald then get some new friends holy gently caress

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Famous person meets another famous person wild stuff

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Actual news: Baker is staying in Tampa

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1766931533300932843

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Baker rules, good for him. Also again lol how bad that Daniel Jones contract was

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Sharing a pro-choice Instagram story, explicitly supporting at least some gun control, and <something about hunger, idk it was behind a paywall>.

That does put him ahead of most highly paid white dudes in the nfl.

Burrow status: possible comrade :hellyeah:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Sharing a pro-choice Instagram story, explicitly supporting at least some gun control, and <something about hunger, idk it was behind a paywall>.

That does put him ahead of most highly paid white dudes in the nfl.

Burrow status: possible comrade :hellyeah:

He spoke about poverty and food insecurity during his Heisman speech. His charitable foundation is focused on food insecurity in Southeast Ohio.

By all accounts he’s a genuine sweetie pie.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Hot Diggity! posted:

Famous person meets another famous person wild stuff

Think it’s mostly this and his brain hasn’t been broken by politics like most goons (myself included, and somewhat justifiably)

Also your daily reminder ‘good person’ and ‘political views’ are related but still very different axes

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Burrow is managed by the same company that owns the UFC. He was probably contractually obligated to be there and smile for the cameras.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheKingslayer posted:

Burrow is managed by the same company that owns the UFC. He was probably contractually obligated to be there and smile for the cameras.

he was grown in a vat in some lab to do this. russel wilson was the failed version of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
counterpoint: he's got some extremely obvious veneers