Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hmm just got kicked from a game cause I tossed a resupply beacon and by accident it stuck to the host and crush them.

I found it funny at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

:blastu:

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

BadLlama posted:

Hmm just got kicked from a game cause I tossed a resupply beacon and by accident it stuck to the host and crush them.

I found it funny at least.

lmao that's awesome. Didn't even know the beacons can stick to players. I know they stick to chargers.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Amazing Member posted:

neat video came up on my feed for a milsim kinda guy, apparently the CEO and someone else from his team played a few diff 6 with the camera rolling and dropped a few gold bits, namely stealth: enemy units can hear, see, and smell

i didnt know that call ins of any type attract attention (after your first), it really makes me consider all the cascade fails might be from call in after call in
I guess that does confirm the theory that patrols route towards players. Or at least the last place you blew things up.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

How do I get in on this goon discord? Googling goon discord has slightly changed in meaning these past few years.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

I’ve been telling people to just call in extraction and sit there patiently without calling anything down or shooting at any patrols. The extraction beacon doesn’t seem to draw any attention to itself, so if nobody has any clue that you’re there, you can just hide behind a wall for two minutes and extract with all of your samples intact.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Glad my idea panned out! :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

blastron posted:

I’ve been telling people to just call in extraction and sit there patiently without calling anything down or shooting at any patrols. The extraction beacon doesn’t seem to draw any attention to itself, so if nobody has any clue that you’re there, you can just hide behind a wall for two minutes and extract with all of your samples intact.

Yeah OK but what if

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

blastron posted:

this is not the case on 7+ missions at least. the game spawns patrols right near the evac beacon and they path directly to it, you can see it happen when you take the UAV booster.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Sindai posted:

I guess that does confirm the theory that patrols route towards players. Or at least the last place you blew things up.

i've started bringing sentries as a sort of trap bait. throw it down as your moving onto the next objective/clearing out the last breach and patrols will route to it as you run away, you'll rack up some kills, attract patrols and distract enemies from your movements. It really is guerilla warefare. Reminds me of airborne drops the day(s) before normandy, (i'm also on a band of brothers kick again so it fits).

Basically, anything that makes sounds to you, probably can be hear by the enemy, and they'll be attracted to the light and sound of even supplies dropping so act accordingly. if you're getting overrun then back off, scatter and collect yourself before organizing the next offense.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

lmao that's awesome. Didn't even know the beacons can stick to players. I know they stick to chargers.

Only if the player has a shield pack on. If they don't it just bounces off.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

take my money

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i keep trying different loadouts but i just can't steer myself away from eagle airstrike, EAT, and either GL + ammo pack or AC + some other strike. usually GL, that thing is lowkey OP with a backpack imo

maybe I'll change my tune when I finally get to 20 and unlock the railgun, or whenever the hell I unlock the slugger some 250 medals from now :suicide:

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Jossar posted:

Only moderately related to this, but...

Apparently some of the names of the Arrowhead staff (including the CEO) are in the pool for your officers.

the last big patch changed out my crew 😔

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Do you keep anything when 30 minutes into a mission the server just decides to disconnect you? Or it it just 'hahah thanks for trying gently caress you'?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Turin Turambar posted:

After playing on Dif 6 for the last days, I played a operation at Dif 7 today. And it was curious because I felt as I had an easier time on 7. Despite being a pub match, and I guess because everyone understand at this level it's suicide to go alone,
someone's gonna need to remind me of that next time I go off by myself and destroy 3 separate bug nests with a grenade launcher

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

i just got done watching that myself and yeah there's some fun tidbits in there

also they get absolutely stomped on a difficulty 6 lol
It's the classic game dev thing, just like the DRG devs-they are just not good at all at their own game lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A backpack hologram projector that disguises you as a bug or automaton

Your teammates no longer see your name tag above your head

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

This owns

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Saraiguma posted:

the last big patch changed out my crew 😔

Same. And now my ship master and mechanic have the same last names which is cute because I like to imagine they're related and wanted to work together spreading fascism Managed Democracy throughout the galaxy.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Kly posted:

this is not the case on 7+ missions at least. the game spawns patrols right near the evac beacon and they path directly to it, you can see it happen when you take the UAV booster.

They do it on every difficulty. 1 doesnt even have patrols on some maps and the second you start the extract timer you'll have a continuous stream of patrols spawning to attack it.

Phanatic posted:

Do you keep anything when 30 minutes into a mission the server just decides to disconnect you? Or it it just 'hahah thanks for trying gently caress you'?

Super credits are added to your account when you pick them up

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

https://i.imgur.com/zBLZwEH.mp4

somebody earlier ITT mentioned going into first person to see railgun charge and i just wanted to highlight thats not necessary

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
You know, if the guard dog hovered like 1' higher, it would never catch you in the beam.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Phanatic posted:

You know, if the guard dog hovered like 1' higher, it would never catch you in the beam.

They knew what they were doing

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Phanatic posted:

exactly

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Every Helldiver that makes it back to the ship returning 1.5 inches shorter and with a completely flat head

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

this is it

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Phanatic posted:

how could the studio that started out making magicka do this

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
just realised when they release the other mech models we can fill up our stratagem bar with nothing but mechs

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
multi mech

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

just realised when they release the other mech models we can fill up our stratagem bar with nothing but mechs

wow I can kill myself faster than ever

amazing

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

i'm convinced they specifically coded the fuckers to fly thru your line of aim

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

If all players have a mech they can combine into a Voltron

When different mechs become available, they will combine into different robots like Getter Robo

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

amazing display of super patriotism

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

Oh my god it all makes sense now.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
How do I play solo? Do I just turn off allow non-friends to join in the options?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Will an unsafe railgun penetrate every kind of armour, or are there certain enemies where you still absolutely, definitely need to go for the weak points?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Aero737 posted:

How do I play solo? Do I just turn off allow non-friends to join in the options?

this is what i do

i enjoy going around abusing the weird stealth mechanics

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Black Noise posted:

How do I get in on this goon discord? Googling goon discord has slightly changed in meaning these past few years.

oh no.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Aero737 posted:

This sort of works unless everyone on your Steam friends list is playing it, and then inevitable someone joins your game anyway.

e: Also gang tag me please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

Oh my god it all makes sense now.

It really loving does