Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Being the sole autocannon guy on a high-level team is fun. You're their troubleshooter in the most literal sense, hanging back and annihilating anything and everything remotely problematic that you run into. Knocking down Scout Striders like skittles or dismantling Berserkers and Devastators never gets old, and for anything heavier, you can just sneak around and dump high explosives wherever they don't want 'em to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I dropped a 380 strike in the middle of a medium bot base and it still manages to avoid destroying either factory with laser like accuracy. Pretty silly for a 4 minute cooldown that makes you sit around for 30s watching it.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
One way to think of a 380 barrage is as area denial. You may not destroy the base/formation you're dropping it on, but you'll certainly make 'em keep their heads down for a good long while. It's kind of like a napalm strike rated against heavy armour in that way.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

SpartanIvy posted:

This sort of works unless everyone on your Steam friends list is playing it, and then inevitable someone joins your game anyway.

e: Also gang tag me please

Set yourself to invisible on steam.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Infidelicious posted:

Set yourself to invisible on steam.

That doesn't stop people from joining your mission in-game. You still show up on the UI/mission selector

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
This is pretty well done:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUTNagu8wac

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

I noticed today mines seemed to be classified as ordnance when calling in? As in has a red beam instead of blue etc. wonder if thats why

My legitimate guess is that they are just mistagged, they don't have 'emplacement' listed under their trait list. Perhaps why they have red beam.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Just dropped into a mission with randos where not a single enemy spawned. Don't know if the game bugged or if these guys were cheating. If they were cheating it seems like there are faster ways to just give yourself a ton of resources.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Captainicus posted:

My legitimate guess is that they are just mistagged, they don't have 'emplacement' listed under their trait list. Perhaps why they have red beam.

I mean I wouldn't want to be standing next to those when they deploy all the mines, to be honest.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, the red 'don't stand too close to this' beam is almost certainly intentional for minefield drops. Because, well, standing too close to them is a very bad idea.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Did a bunch of Challenging/Hard tonight. Ran into a reasonable amount of Chargers and BTs. Something is wrong.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

Did a bunch of Challenging/Hard tonight. Ran into a reasonable amount of Chargers and BTs. Something is wrong.

Am I not supposed to encounter many Chargers on Challenging? Seems like it's been 4-8 a mission, about half the time two at once.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Darth Walrus posted:

One way to think of a 380 barrage is as area denial. You may not destroy the base/formation you're dropping it on, but you'll certainly make 'em keep their heads down for a good long while. It's kind of like a napalm strike rated against heavy armour in that way.

Is this a thing? I’ve never noticed any kind of mechanic where enemies alter their behavior while under bombardment. I know bugs just keep charging right at you and I feel like bots still shoot at the same volume.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I was taking a friend through a 6 operation to unlock suicide mission and doing the last seismic objective it seemed like every single bug breach spawned during the mining period spawned a Bile Titan. We ended up with four(4) BTs up at once that just murdered everyone. This happened over like 90 seconds.

Now I could see that on difficulty 8 or 9, but 6??? It definitely feels like they tweaked spawns for this.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Heavy units have definitely been increased recently

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The seismic objectives definitely cause hella bug breaches to spawn (like 4-5+ at a time) but overall I've been seeing relatively few Chargers/Titans in my level 7 missions today, like maybe 3 titans and 6 or so chargers throughout an entire mission

Maybe it's a planet-specific thing or something, I've been on Fenrir all day

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dinosaurs! posted:

Is this a thing? I’ve never noticed any kind of mechanic where enemies alter their behavior while under bombardment. I know bugs just keep charging right at you and I feel like bots still shoot at the same volume.

It's a thing in the crudest sense - the explosions will knock 'em around just like they would for you. Sustained orbital bombardment is quite an obstacle to navigate.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Oneiros posted:

i'm convinced they specifically coded the fuckers to fly thru your line of aim

I mean - I think you’re right. If it didn’t, it’d be too easy, especially with bugs. There needs to be some risk to the stratagem or it messes with the balance.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Meiteron posted:

I was taking a friend through a 6 operation to unlock suicide mission and doing the last seismic objective it seemed like every single bug breach spawned during the mining period spawned a Bile Titan. We ended up with four(4) BTs up at once that just murdered everyone. This happened over like 90 seconds.

Now I could see that on difficulty 8 or 9, but 6??? It definitely feels like they tweaked spawns for this.

Were you clearing each breach in between activations of the drill ,or just slamming the drill commands as fast as possible?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Meiteron posted:

if you want a slightly easier time then just bump the difficulty down to 7

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

LOS in general is poo poo and if we could use it more the parade of patrol problem would be pretty much solved. Nothing ever gives up aggro.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Bussamove posted:

Oh my god it all makes sense now.

ZeusCannon posted:

It really loving does

I believe the CEO has said working on the Magicka Vietnam DLC directly inspired them to develop Helldivers (mechanics-wise at least).

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

Nuebot posted:

That doesn't stop people from joining your mission in-game. You still show up on the UI/mission selector

The new Steam game privacy feature may do the trick for those wanting to solo.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

We did some last night and ended up with like 10 BTs on a kill mission.

Also where's the new discord invite?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Phanatic posted:

You know, if the guard dog hovered like 1' higher, it would never catch you in the beam.

You can also crouch and it wont catch you either

Darth Walrus posted:

Will an unsafe railgun penetrate every kind of armour, or are there certain enemies where you still absolutely, definitely need to go for the weak points?

It will not penetrate the heaviest armor like tank, turret or hulk armor. Still need to hit the weakspot

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

This is one of the most satisfying feelings in this whole game :allears:

https://i.imgur.com/tz9kWtE.mp4

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 11, 2024

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Why does no one use the assault rifle drone? I haven't tried it myself but is it really hard to keep enough ammo for it or something?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

tfw you approach a SEAFART, survive all the patrols that come to ask about your car's extended warranty, only to find 1 explosive shell, 3 static fields, and 3 smokes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Piell posted:

Heavy units have definitely been increased recently

https://x.com/Helldivers2HQ/status/1766871639730315620?s=20

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Why does no one use the assault rifle drone? I haven't tried it myself but is it really hard to keep enough ammo for it or something?

The assault Dog runs dry really fast, while the laser Dog never needs ammo and overheats so rarely that I think it might be bugged.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I tried the assault drone once, and it immediately shot me in the head and killed me, lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So I see next to each planet there's a list of stats for things like Helldivers killed or bullets fired. All the ones I've seen say "Unavailable" next to the stat boxes, though. Do the stats only get tallied after a planet is fully liberated or is it just bugged for me.

Edited to fix my phone posting thumbs.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 11, 2024

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They turned it off cos it was helping cook the servers I think

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Arc Hammer posted:

Do I Dre next to each planet there's a kist of stats for things like Helldivers killed or bullets fired. All the ones I've seen say "Unavailable" next to the stat boxes, though. Do the stats only get tallied after a planet is fully liberated or is it just bugged for me.

That feature was turned off when the servers were melting and hasn't been reactivated

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Had my first instance of blatant team killers today. They did not appreciate when the favor was returned.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Heh. Any true gamer can handle this with the post-nerf railgun and the revolver. I don't even bring strikes to make it a challenge.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Dude was trying to solo an Eradicate 9 for clickbait iirc

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
yeah that video is, again, a solo player hanging around in an eradicate mission for a long time to get lots of biles to spawn without killing them

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I got team killed by the laser drone early om so when I got to that level I decided to buy the bullet one and not worry about sweeping beams hitting my teammates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Is there a way to post a permanent or long term discord link because all the ones I've put in OP expire after a few days or so.