Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwzL23asWGs

Still hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol they wrote a song for the Flaming Hot Cheetos movie based on a long-running series of blatant lies

Easily the best song so far

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Musclebound actors are way better than they used to be. Like the real big bodybuilder-level guys. Cena, Dave Bautista, Terry Crews, the Rock etc. You used to see like a lot more (proportionally) dudes with lines who definitely shouldn't have had lines.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

pangstrom posted:

You used to see like a lot more (proportionally) dudes with lines who definitely shouldn't have had lines.

And that's why action movies were much better in the 80's :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

pangstrom posted:

Musclebound actors are way better than they used to be. Like the real big bodybuilder-level guys. Cena, Dave Bautista, Terry Crews, the Rock etc. You used to see like a lot more (proportionally) dudes with lines who definitely shouldn't have had lines.

Lines? poo poo they let Stallone WRITE movies back then

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

pangstrom posted:

yeah but also the definition of “musclebound” has changed a lot. Sean Connery started out as a bodybuilder and all that, and by the time he was at his career peak as an actor the sport had moved way past that standard and toward guys like Arnold, etc

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Zone of Interest got best sound, and I recently learned they use mono channel for it instead of stereo, so you couldn't tell where all the horrible sounds in the background were coming from, which is pretty brilliant

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

pangstrom posted:

My understanding is that these are all examples of "twinks".

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Zone of Interest got best sound, and I recently learned they use mono channel for it instead of stereo, so you couldn't tell where all the horrible sounds in the background were coming from, which is pretty brilliant

they'll probably want to nod to barbenheimer in a big way to appease the zoomers so some combination of best director/movie will go to gerwig/barbie and nolan/oppenheimer

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't think Gerwig was even nominated for best director.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TTBF posted:

She was not

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I flipped to the Oscars for about a minute, and they seemed to be having a competition on how much they could brown-nose the nominees, and I had to switch way because of the terminal levels of cringe.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

What in the gently caress is the movie poor things? It looks insane.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I flipped to the Oscars for about a minute, and they seemed to be having a competition on how much they could brown-nose the nominees, and I had to switch way because of the terminal levels of cringe.

Yeah they've just been having former winners say nice things about the nominees rather than playing clips.

Emma Stone got Best Actress over Lily Gladstone, which I think is kinda a surprise although goddamn was she good in Poor Things

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

It is 100% bananas

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MarcusSA posted:

It is :getin:

Watch it! It's on Disney+ now!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

MarcusSA posted:

I just watched the trailer as I had no idea, and yeah sorry still can't help you with that.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Horny Frankenstein

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It’s part of the Lobsterverse

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

MarcusSA posted:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Rambling Rose x Nell by way of the Piano, but she actually stuck the landing and got the Oscar. Good for her.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kingo Ligma posted:

The communion book is extremely intense and terrifying (I mean it's obviously fiction and the author is a massive liar) which gave me the old alien abduction phobia. The movie instantly cured this, because, well, we need a new word now that the r word is a slur because nothing else fits. Maybe we could say "Amy Pascal is extremely Communioned" when she announces an Uncle Ben prequel starring Jared Leto next quarter.

Communion is loving hilarious, I love it. Fire in the Sky scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

MarcusSA posted:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why they keep insisting on bringing out the old farts to announce Best Picture because they botch it every time (catastrophically so that one year).

Didn't even list the nominees

https://twitter.com/SpencerAlthouse/status/1767014759960859102

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

yeah. if you can get past the fact that a baby’s brain is put in an adult woman’s body and then that woman has a lot of sex, then poor things is a great movie. if not, i totally understand (but you are probably a sex weirdo anyway)

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

TTBF posted:

:owned:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PostNouveau posted:

I don't know why they keep insisting on bringing out the old farts to announce Best Picture because they botch it every time (catastrophically so that one year).

Didn't even list the nominees

https://twitter.com/SpencerAlthouse/status/1767014759960859102
This was all I could think when he came out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeLuQQH1OHA

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lol

but yeah it's true

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The entire Oscars should just be people gushing over Ryan Gosling's performance in Barbie. Like don't even mention the director or Margot. Then it ends with him winning an Oscar for it, and he thanks the patriarchy in his speech.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Illmade posted:

Not by me. I remain baffled by everyone's casual acceptance of Hollywood slurping of CCP schlong.

i wonder if it correlates with your opinion of the west wing. i bet it do.

been going through all the "mike and rich talk about something" videos aka clearly the best vids on the rlm channel and have been struck to wonder if anyone custom ordered and now regularly wears a dick the blurthsday boy tshirt

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!
justice for giamatti

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yeah. if you can get past the fact that a baby’s brain is put in an adult woman’s body and then that woman has a lot of sex, then poor things is a great movie. if not, i totally understand (but you are probably a sex weirdo anyway)

loving hell Biden finally did it! That crazy bastard finally made anime real

*Vomits*

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
post itt if you didnt know the oscars were tonight. i legit had no idea, want to know if thats weird

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

dreezy posted:

post itt if you didnt know the oscars were tonight. i legit had no idea, want to know if thats weird

I had no idea and I'm glad of it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dreezy posted:

i didn't until i had to go drive to do some errands today and every loving station was talking about it

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Kingo Ligma posted:

I had no idea and I'm glad of it

i feel as though ive been excluded from a collective punishment

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

holy gently caress will smith just slapped somebody

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I knew about the Oscars but only because I'm an On Cinema enjoyer.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dreezy posted:

I knew but I found out a couple of days ago. then I forgot and only remembered again when postnuevo mentioned gz -1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

dreezy posted:

Despite everyone constantly saying no one cares about the oscars it managed to permeate half the threads I read here and on other sites, none of which are movie related except this one