Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

DaysBefore posted:

They added women to the museum? hosed up

there was a video of the artist describing how Hillary should have won and how disappointed she was in America that she couldn't tell her daughter that a woman was bombing Muslims like herself. the artwork itself was inspired by the Hong Kong umbrella movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

there was also the saddening vibe of the fact the items on display, many of sacred importance to who made them, were stolen by white people so they could fund stuff in favor of Hillary Clinton.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

hmmm

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

my_custom_username posted:

I heard this year's crawfish season is really bad, that's gotta suck if you're into the boils and stuff

not enough rain yeah

we're going to a boil next month as part of a wedding

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

there was a video of the artist describing how Hillary should have won and how disappointed she was in America that she couldn't tell her daughter that a woman was bombing Muslims like herself. the artwork itself was inspired by the Hong Kong umbrella movement.

AI art would deprive you of this experience

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just remembered the story about that lady making her daughter apologize to Hillary in person for not voting for her and Hillary not accepting the apology lol

loquacius has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Mar 11, 2024

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

suddenly remembered "message received and land loving acknowledged" and started laughing

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

suddenly remembered "message received and land loving acknowledged" and started laughing

there was a land acknowledgment in this house of thievery, it's also on their website.

quote:

Comprising works of art from China, Ghana, France, Egypt, Mexico, Bohemia, the Northwest Coast, the East Coast, and more, the Eugene Fuller Memorial Collection represents nearly one third of SAM’s collection. More than 7,500 works were added to the museum collection by Dr. Richard E. Fuller and his mother, Mrs. Eugene (Margaret MacTavish) Fuller—the museum founders who credited the husband and father (Dr. Eugene Fuller) whose wealth provided for the purchases.

like, what right do they have to put this there
Tombstone of Shihab ad-Din

art.seattleartmuseum.org posted:

Islamic monuments to the dead range from simple tombstones to large-scale memorial buildings like the Taj Mahal. The rectangle in the center of this tombstone takes the form of a mihrab, the niche in the wall of a mosque that points to the holy city of Mecca, birthplace of the Prophet Muhammad. That wall indicates the direction (qibla) individuals must face when they pray. Muslim burial practice dictates that the body should be placed in the grave facing that same direction. Along with information on the deceased, the inscriptions around the mihrab depicted on this tombstone include verses from Islam’s primary scripture, the Qur'an.

Marble, 27 x 20 1/4 × 3 3/4 in. (68.6 x 51.4 × 9.5cm), Eugene Fuller Memorial Collection, 44.68

Provenance: [Hagop Kevorkian, New York]; purchased from Mr. Kevorkian by Seattle Art Museum (Eugene Fuller Memorial Collection), June 7, 1944

Photo: Elizabeth Mann

Now on view at the

Asian Art Museum

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Buck Wildman posted:

why bother when I have just preserved your shame like a fly in amber

Hammering this out in Character Map like the Diving Bell and the Butterfly as this computer has no keyboard just to say: lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dokapon Findom posted:

Hammering this out in Character Map like the Diving Bell and the Butterfly as this computer has no keyboard just to say: lol

thanks for going the extra mile I appreciate it

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

122 reports from d&d since march 7 lol. out of 178 total since about then.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

i hope each of them are attended diligently and, dare i say, tenderly

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

lookin' at some of the leppies today and things are lookin' spicy. age ableisms, bad faith, horse shoe theory accusations abound. might be a good time to get back into succ after several year hiatus

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

out there doing a heckin' counterfactual

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
has our new IK done anything yet

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

has our new IK done anything yet

not as of yet

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

cspam has been perfectly normal so there's nothing for an ik to do

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

aw frig aw dang it posted:

cspam has been perfectly normal so there's nothing for an ik to do

we have achieved normality

speng31b
May 8, 2010

our normality has achieved the exact resonance frequency of the forums

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Make me CSPAM IK. Let me destroy all who displease me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

we have achieved normality

i am also normal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Xaris posted:

lookin' at some of the leppies today and things are lookin' spicy. age ableisms, bad faith, horse shoe theory accusations abound. might be a good time to get back into succ after several year hiatus

Old people should be out down

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
climate thread having a normal one

cash crab posted:

i love you guys. i’m so glad we’re all gonna die together in like two years

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

FirstnameLastname posted:

i am also normal

you are. and we love that.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

suicide pacts are ftw actually

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
smugly embracing death ftw

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
(strained smile) im so glad i going to die with... you guys

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Dying with goons would make me so fuckin sad

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how about dying next to a friend

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

lobster shirt posted:

how about dying next to a friend

i would prefer not to die

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
skill issue

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

coward

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats how you get dark souls

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I wondered what happened to cash crab, that explains that

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sorry

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
huge news guys i asked the guy at 7-11 for the key to the fridge expecting him to go open it but he just gave me the key and i did it myself. either the 711 guy has upgraded me or society is healing. not sure on the 2nd part since the parking lot looked like raccoon city but idk

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
its a setup...

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i would not patron a place that requires me to perform labor (scab) as a requirement to consume

this includes spending labor to track down a fellow laborer like the black guy from john wick 4 in order to plead for them to unlock the case of fruit of the loom socks

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

huge news guys i asked the guy at 7-11 for the key to the fridge expecting him to go open it but he just gave me the key and i did it myself. either the 711 guy has upgraded me or society is healing. not sure on the 2nd part since the parking lot looked like raccoon city but idk

he knew you didn’t have the guts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mA1gLvc4Eg&t=3530s