Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Thread title: a refreshingly modern full bath

What A snipe! I got nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1765791913284972797

wow! average home prices just went up $5000!

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Just checked my hometown. Cheapest condo is $150k, cheapest detached house that wasn't recently featured in an episode of Hoarders and doesn't have major structural issues is a bit more than double that. So easy!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
had to do a roof replacement recently

just composite, nothing else would've been over $60k

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
5k isn’t 20% of 10k???? Home prices just went up $25,000

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

if I lived a monk-level of asceticism I still couldn’t save enough in a year to cover the annual increase in housing prices here. I can never “save” my way to
homeownership.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Ornery and Hornery posted:

if I lived a monk-level of asceticism I still couldn’t save enough in a year to cover the annual increase in housing prices here. I can never “save” my way to
homeownership.

Getting you off the treadmill of ever increasing rents is bad for landlords. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

had to do a roof replacement recently

just composite, nothing else would've been over $60k

you have a big rear end roof

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

super nailgun posted:

Just checked my hometown. Cheapest condo is $150k, cheapest detached house that wasn't recently featured in an episode of Hoarders and doesn't have major structural issues is a bit more than double that. So easy!

I'm not even allowed to live in my loving hometown (if I can even call it that). Not a citizen where I was born. :lol:

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

my rent's been going up $20 annually for the last few years. this year it's $65 for no reason whatsoever

gently caress landlords

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

my rent's been going up $20 annually for the last few years. this year it's $65 for no reason whatsoever

gently caress landlords

Yeah, gently caress landlords. But fwiw you are relatively lucky that your rent only went up that much. Most people's rent increases skyrocketed starting in 2020. The place where I live has a mild rent control law that says year-over-year rent increases can't be more than 5%. Sure enough, in 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 the increase was exactly 5% every single year, which kept the increase in the upper two digits. Last year I was blessed enough to be able to start a mortgage on an old little townhome. My old landlord is now charging their new tenant a full $300 more per month than I had been paying at the end! I heard horror stories of places where people didn't have even those weak sauce rent control laws getting three-digit yearly rent increases. There was someone from Florida I heard about whose rent DOUBLED in 2021! And Phoenix AZ went from being a relatively cheap way to live directly in the bowels of hell to an expensive way to do so.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

my uncle got an apartment in the fanciest building in town like ten years ago for 1400 a month

All his neighbors are paying 4000 :unsmigghh:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
my area is in the top 5 places for worst apartment inflation. median household income at $38,000.

RadiRoot has issued a correction as of 02:39 on Mar 11, 2024

Meursault Horny
Sep 9, 2003

My rent has never increased less than $100

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This is the letter I got last year. 2478 was my rent at the time.

edit lol I just saw that I already posted this in this very thread. sorry

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Salt Fish posted:

god drat

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

mate, what the gently caress

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

i used to get those a lot when i lived in big corporate landlord properties. they're algorithm generated price sheets. the property management has no idea why they are what they are either, no one does.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Salt Fish posted:

very thoughtful of them to give you an option to choose to vacate your apartment too

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I once received one of those renewal notices, and they had a weird 9-10 month term option or something in addition to the standard 1, 6, 12 month lease. The price was significantly cheaper so I checked the box and sent it in. 2 days before the date the apartment manager's assistant called me up and was like "hey, that was a mistake, we are not leasing to you at that price." and they sure didn't!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

I love that since the way they wrote that it’s not the monthly price

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

i used to get those a lot when i lived in big corporate landlord properties. they're algorithm generated price sheets. the property management has no idea why they are what they are either, no one does.

Maybe they come from that collusion software package that all the big apartment complexes use now.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

Maybe they come from that collusion software package that all the big apartment complexes use now.

It's not collusion when you use a computer to do it

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

pittsburgh toilet

A Pittsburgh toilet, or Pittsburgh potty, is a basement toilet configuration commonly found in the area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It consists of an ordinary flush toilet with no surrounding walls. Most of these toilets are paired with a crude basement shower apparatus and large sink, which often doubles as a laundry basin.

Apr 7, 2003

monitor

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

shrike82 posted:

pittsburgh toilet

A Pittsburgh toilet, or Pittsburgh potty, is a basement toilet configuration commonly found in the area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. It consists of an ordinary flush toilet with no surrounding walls. Most of these toilets are paired with a crude basement shower apparatus and large sink, which often doubles as a laundry basin.

I got one in michigan

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That's more of a rustbelt thing. After coming home from the mills or whatever you'd wash off in the basement instead of the 1 bath

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

That's more of a rustbelt thing. After coming home from the mills or whatever you'd wash off in the basement instead of the 1 bath

They're antiquated now because nobody who works for a living can afford a house.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

The other theory I've heard is that when houses were retrofitted with indoor plumbing, it was cheaper and easier to put the toilet and shower in the basement.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The notable thing about a Pittsburgh toilet isn’t that it’s in the basement it’s that it’s out in the open.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Pitt toilet

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

sometimes you just need some breathing room

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

My last place did this except the month-to-month rate they put you on automatically without 60 days notice was like 4.5X base rent and somehow they would misplace these notices quite often. I was in the office returning my keys and overheard a guy arguing with them because he sent them an email notice that he was leaving but it wasn't to the correct email address (he responded to an email they sent that appeared to be from the leasing agents but actually wasn't) so they didn't get it and they told him to eat poo poo. I knew they were scammers so when they didn't respond to my email I went into the office and got it in writing.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
The Pitt Toilet, aka PFC's mouth

Apr 7, 2003

Ferdinand Bardamu posted:

The Pitt Toilet, aka PFC's mouth

mad?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

even after he retired my grandpa had an affinity for the basement shower. toilet too

probably saw it as a sanctuary

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mistermojo posted:

these are the kinds of houses and backyards I dont understand. I wouldnt want to set foot outside let alone sit in my hot tub

ehh I don't know if I trust the build quality of the deck that hot tub is sitting on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Behold, a pittsburgh toilet in the wild