Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
:10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

FishingForGold posted:

Also, once the Oscars are over, make sure that the new thread for 2024 is released.

Welcome back!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’d really like to know how much money that poster has burned to make absolutely terrible posts

Starting to think they are Elon Musk’s alt

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Just ignore them

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Lmao of course that weirdo also gives a poo poo about the Razzies

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Remember when the Razzies nominated an actual child?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

muscles like this! posted:

Remember when the Razzies

No.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

muscles like this! posted:

Remember when the Razzies nominated an actual child?

I feel like this has happened at least twice now but gently caress if I'll be bothered to check.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm pretty sure that person is purely a troll in the vein of making the worst posts possible that technically don't break any rules, but they've already been perma so they're just paying :10bux: for attention at this point.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Just ignore them

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alan Smithee posted:

I was afraid to look up the Other Guys as an example since I only watched a bit and was afraid I’d be like oh it’s 5 years old but actually it’s ten but luckily I was wrong

It’s 14 years old

Jesus Christ.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Anchorman turned 20 this year.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That and SHAUN OF THE DEAD being 2 decades old don't really shake me up too much, I feel like THE OTHER GUYS is much more contemporary.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Enos Cabell posted:

I want Sleeping Dogs instead.

You're looking for like half the movies that came out in Hong Kong in the 90s.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Frankly them giving that cheap Winnie the Pooh horror movie the worst picture of the year is probably the first time they’ve gotten something right in a long time.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Chairman Capone posted:

Frankly them giving that cheap Winnie the Pooh horror movie the worst picture of the year is probably the first time they’ve gotten something right in a long time.

See, I feel the complete opposite. We all know the Razzies are 1) fake 2) don't matter, but having Blood and Honey do that "well" comes across like its producers paid the Razzies and are trying to astroturf a reaction of "drat EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS BAD MOVIE"

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Cael posted:

See, I feel the complete opposite. We all know the Razzies are 1) fake 2) don't matter, but having Blood and Honey do that "well" comes across like its producers paid the Razzies and are trying to astroturf a reaction of "drat EVERYONE NEEDS TO SEE THIS BAD MOVIE"

Also, it annoys me because the Razzies should be rewards for bad films where everyone/important people thought they were doing good. No one really set out to make anything but a bad film with the Pooh horror.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The Big Lebowski, The Matrix, Fargo, Fight Club and Freeway all happened last century.

Way of the Gun is this century.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

My God, Freeway 2: Confessions of a Trick Baby is last century media

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

quote:

RAZZIE REDEEMER AWARD
1998 Nominee and current SAG/AFTRA President Fran Drescher, for her brilliant shepherding of the actors’ guild through a prolonged 2023 strike with a successful conclusion.

After she had to be browbeaten into a strike, negotiated a poo poo deal that completely caved on AI and streaming residuals, and said everyone who wouldn’t vote for it was a “contrarian?” Sure, whatever.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Tars Tarkas posted:

My God, Freeway 2: Confessions of a Trick Baby is last century media

I have it on same.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Cael posted:

A joke I once heard years ago that I think about a lot for this kinda topic went something like: If you don't watch the new Sharknado and make fun of it online, Syfy will fire their marketing team!

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

FishingForGold posted:

Also, once the Oscars are over, make sure that the new thread for 2024 is released.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:allears:

War, war never changes...

Lol even the public domain Disney horror movies want to have a shared Universe now.

Edit whoops. Thought I was the latest reply on that one. Let's add more content here..

Pirate Jet posted:

After she had to be browbeaten into a strike, negotiated a poo poo deal that completely caved on AI and streaming residuals, and said everyone who wouldn’t vote for it was a “contrarian?” Sure, whatever.

Yeah that struck me as Hollow. But probably the best we can get these days 😑.the eyes

Who is actually paying for the razzies question I find myself asking for the first time in my entire life? I've never really thought about who profits from them. Guess I'll Google later and be disappointed further

Edit - okay that was quick, immediately found out they don't even have to watch the movies before they recommend them for razzies.

https://www.indiewire.com/features/general/why-the-razzies-are-the-worst-awards-ever-125174/

McGann fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 10, 2024

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

fancy stats posted:

You're looking for like half the movies that came out in Hong Kong in the 90s.

exactly, more of that is a good thing!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Razzies used to be all in good fun but now they just give off bad vibes

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
They’re also just straight up wrong most of the time. They rarely ever pick actual bad movies, it’s usually just big financial flops that were never going to garner the praise of general audiences.

Their apparent criteria for what deserves a nomination is completely hosed to begin with.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Yeah, the Razzies aren’t grounded in a good-natured acknowledgement of how movies sometimes turn out badly, or even an effort to laugh when things go tits up. They’re tedious and hateful and frequently go after people who have a history of struggling with personal issues.

gently caress the Razzies, is what I’m saying.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R_o_q3hCo
Here's a fun video from a Youtuber who watched every "Worst Picture" Razzie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Have they ever nominated Neil Breen? If not, the Razzies is irrelevant.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Have they ever nominated Neil Breen? If not, the Razzies is irrelevant.

Neither him or Tommy Wiseau have been nominated nor have any of their films. All their stuff tends to be big-budget stuff or particularly easy, low-bearing fruit, like Kirk Cameron and Saving Christmas.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yes I was going through all of the people nominated for Worst Actor and it’s generally big names and not more obscure people

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The Razzies doesn't go for the worst movies, they just go for the most publicized flops

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hasturtium posted:

Yeah, the Razzies aren’t grounded in a good-natured acknowledgement of how movies sometimes turn out badly, or even an effort to laugh when things go tits up. They’re tedious and hateful and frequently go after people who have a history of struggling with personal issues.

gently caress the Razzies, is what I’m saying.

They've always had a rather Helldumpy vibe.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i've said it before but i'm fairly sure when halle berry turned up to pick up her razzie she destroyed their relevance in popular culture overnight. like i recall they were known as the "haha oscars but bad movies" in comedy articles before that, and after her appearance they became known as pure tryhards

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I liked what Jonathan Glazer said in his Oscars speech. Very glad to see the director of a film about the horrors of the holocaust was not blinded by the specific group the horror was done to and was able to generalize it to modern day.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i've said it before but i'm fairly sure when halle berry turned up to pick up her razzie she destroyed their relevance in popular culture overnight. like i recall they were known as the "haha oscars but bad movies" in comedy articles before that, and after her appearance they became known as pure tryhards

I was just thinking about that and in retrospect I can see that being their high note- it was all downhill from there.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Razzies started as a Sylvester Stallone bashing contest iirc and have been chasing whatever gives them the most publicity since. You can tell the years they are super thirsty because the nominees cast a wide net.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Over 11,000 actors submitted for ‘The Firing Squad'.

quote:

Inspired by the true story of three Christians who face execution by firing squad in a third world country. Their courage and faith in the days leading up to the execution inspire the entire prison camp and results in a stunning conclusion.

At early advanced screenings, the film has brought many to tears and many closer to Christ.

"It might be the most evangelical, hard-core Christian film ever made," said a spokesperson for VGC Studios. "All glory and honor to the Lord."

You Wouldn't Believe...
A Profound Transformation: In the darkest of hours, two American drug dealers underwent a spiritual metamorphosis, their hearts touched and forever changed by the profound embrace of Christianity, moments before facing their own execution.

An Unforgettable Spiritual Awakening: Their journey of redemption didn't stop at personal salvation; it ignited a spiritual revolution within the prison camp, guiding the souls of the most hardened criminals toward the loving embrace of Christ.

A Heart-Wrenching Finale: As the film concludes and the credits begin to cascade down the screen, brace yourself for a profoundly stirring finale. This unexpected conclusion is bound to elicit a torrent of tears, leaving viewers in a state of profound emotional upheaval.

Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s Life-Altering Experience: For acclaimed actor Cuba Gooding, Jr., this role wasn't just another character; it was a life-altering experience that led him on a journey to discover the profound solace of Christianity.

A Faithful Production Team: With the majority of the production team members and cast sharing their Christian faith, this film stands as a testament to the transformative power of belief and the resounding echoes of salvation.

Provoking Deep Reflection: Beyond mere entertainment, this film serves as a catalyst for introspection, compelling audiences to contemplate life's profound questions and prompting them to explore the true meaning of existence itself.

https://youtu.be/vLaccFmrJHM?si=CmA19x4BiTFF0D6G

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
didn't realise that cuba was a nutjob

that kinda sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Non Compos Mentis posted:

didn't realise that cuba was a nutjob

that kinda sucks
who knows if he's a true believer, but when you get cancelled this is the only new lease you have

https://x.com/DEADLINE/status/1580607004325789696?s=20
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1136711379233267713