Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Seahawks just released Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs.

e. Will Dissly too

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm gonna miss Diggs. Go back to Detroit and be a legend.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Diggs was a fantastic pickup. Hoping he's still got gas in the tank to make a difference somewhere.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

seiferguy posted:

I mean, you went on and on about how we shouldn't have traded Russ for picks?

Team was 6-3 at the time, and I'd rather my team make a run at it when Any Given Sunday is a thing instead of tanking for a draft that isnt a guarantee either. Losing a 2nd sucks but isn't debilitating like multiple 1sts. Leonard was fine, team around him just fell apart. Plus JS has found ways to restock draft picks day of / before so I'm not sweating it.

In the power struggle between keeping Russ or keeping PCJS, yes I would have preferred keeping Russ because it meant we got rid of PCJS, which would be good. And keeping Russ would have been great because if he sucked then we would have gotten high draft picks anyway and had direction on needing a qb.

The team was 6-3 but that included wins over some of the worst teams in the league and the hawks were clearly not as good as their record suggested. They clearly were not a single player away from contending.

No trade can be evaluated without consideration of cost. They paid a second round pick, which is in fact valuable, for a partial season rental. It was a terrible trade at the time. It was a terrible trade now.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

The Seahawks just released Jamal Adams and Quandre Diggs.

e. Will Dissly too

Proud of the FO for ripping off the bandaid!

Diggs was cool though, hope he has success elsewhere.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Oh wow, I actually thought they would stick with Diggs. He definitely will find a place to go.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Seahawks taking their medicine
https://x.com/CorbinSmithNFL/status/1765100265563156532

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Surprised to see that. Tearing off the bandaid for sure.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Given how different Mac's defense is I fully expect them to suck for the first half of next season, so I definitely don't mind punting on seriously competing in 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Given how different Mac's defense is I fully expect them to suck for the first half of next season, so I definitely don't mind punting on seriously competing in 2024

Agreed 100%

It also seems like a win-win.

If the defense sucks well it’s just part of the rebuilding process. If the defense is good then it’s a demonstration of Mac’s coaching prowess!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Mmm the cap medicine tastes good. I'm all for it. 2024 gonna be developmental year for thebsystem and 2025 we in business not laden with insane contracts for subpar players.

Restructure or cut Lockett next plz. Pains me to say but like 27 mil and he looks like he lost a step and the WR class looks deep this year. Pick up a WR 3 in the draft JSN to WR2 lesssss gooo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

In the power struggle between keeping Russ or keeping PCJS, yes I would have preferred keeping Russ because it meant we got rid of PCJS, which would be good. And keeping Russ would have been great because if he sucked then we would have gotten high draft picks anyway and had direction on needing a qb.

Dang good idea - if we tanked maybe we would have got the 5th overall pick, and drafted a guy like Devon Witherspoon to be our new Sherman!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I swear you people have the most boring-rear end opinions

Keeping Russ never would've been as hilarious as what happened in real life. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

Mmm the cap medicine tastes good. I'm all for it. 2024 gonna be developmental year for thebsystem and 2025 we in business not laden with insane contracts for subpar players.

Restructure or cut Lockett next plz. Pains me to say but like 27 mil and he looks like he lost a step and the WR class looks deep this year. Pick up a WR 3 in the draft JSN to WR2 lesssss gooo

I don’t disagree, end of an era :(

I hope Lockett gets to do at least one more playoff run though. Join Kansas City for cheap and he can immediately be WR2 with a good chance for a ring lol

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I really hope they can restructure Lockett, but I wouldn't blame him for turning that down and getting cut and going ring hunting while he is still good. Of course I am also in the camp that they should trade Metcalf. The team isn't going anywhere for a while and his value is high.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

I don't know where the idea that Lockett has lost a step came from. Second on the team on receiving yards, touchdowns, and first downs. Who do you replace that production with and how do you prioritize that over OL?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
You don't right away. He is still very good, but last season was not his best.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Edna Mode posted:

I don't know where the idea that Lockett has lost a step came from. Second on the team on receiving yards, touchdowns, and first downs. Who do you replace that production with and how do you prioritize that over OL?

Both things can be true; he’s clearly still a good receiver and he’s also on the decline. Better to trade now while there’s still some value.

The roster has a bunch of holes. They aren’t going to be able to plug all the holes over one offseason. The plausible best case scenario is that Seattle is competing in the 2026 season. They should plan accordingly… Unless coach Mac is truly that awesome and the defense becomes like top ten next year or something lol.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Lockett's numbers this year versus last show a clear decline. JSN started a bit slow, but became the 3rd down target Lockett used to be once he got going. I could see him as a trade target like Julio Jones was if they're trying to get cap relief. Hate to see him go but if next year is a rebuild / reload then it's probably a good idea to get him on a team going for it.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

Dang good idea - if we tanked maybe we would have got the 5th overall pick, and drafted a guy like Devon Witherspoon to be our new Sherman!

I'm not gonna lie at the time if I had to choose between russ and PCJS I was going russ bc I thought PC had run his course. It turned out shipping russ and firing Pete was the best option we didn't know. But hearing(on local talk radio today) how russ essentially put himself above the organization in Denver meant that he'd have done that in seattle too so I'm pleased with how it all turned out and hyped for the new direction of the hawks

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Benne posted:

I swear you people have the most boring-rear end opinions

Keeping Russ never would've been as hilarious as what happened in real life. I wouldn't change a single thing.

Yeah, there is no other scenario as good as what happened. The likelihood of the Seahawks winning a Super Bowl or a deep playoff was almost nothing. Russ making that ridiculous "Broncos Country" video, destroying their franchise, Geno doing something cool for a bit, and now getting around to a real reset was just about as much as I could have hoped for as a fan

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
That's MVP vote receiving :geno:, thank you.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NicelyNice posted:

Yeah, there is no other scenario as good as what happened. The likelihood of the Seahawks winning a Super Bowl or a deep playoff was almost nothing. Russ making that ridiculous "Broncos Country" video, destroying their franchise, Geno doing something cool for a bit, and now getting around to a real reset was just about as much as I could have hoped for as a fan

And the last two years it’s not like the Seahawks had 2 wins each year, they were frisky both seasons. It’s a transition, and the further “ripping off the bandage” moves enforce that, so it’s time to find fun in development and growth instead of raw “did we win Super Bowl y/n” like the Niners face.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

NicelyNice posted:

That’s not even mentioning dragging in a coach who he thought would get him more rings because of Drew Brees comparisons that don’t go very much beyond “both short!”

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Bryan Mone just got the boot.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Imagining the run

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Imagining the run

:flashfap:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Imagining the run

Running down the aisles crashing through carts and people with a sack of cosmic crisps tucked high n tight trying to take it to the checkout.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1766639518885781946

:toot:

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
:3:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
YEY

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
On the opposite end, Seahawks are releasing Bellore :saddumb:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1766892284308549992

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Holy poo poo

https://x.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1767015955220349052?s=20

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Welp looks like we'll keep Aiyuk then

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I know Armstead has been dealing with a lot of injuries lately, and the team would have some tough cap decisions to make in the near future one way or another, but I still don't like this. Armstead is a very good player and an even better locker room leader.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aw poo poo. Gonna miss him.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Sorry Arik, Nick needs that money for his political donations

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Five years ago I would've been aghast at the thought of Russell Wilson in a Steelers uniform. Now I can't stop laughing.

How the times have changed.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Aww, gently caress, now I have to root for this goofy-rear end motherfucker.

Well, at least he’s not Roethlisberger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Grozz Nuy posted:

I know Armstead has been dealing with a lot of injuries lately, and the team would have some tough cap decisions to make in the near future one way or another, but I still don't like this. Armstead is a very good player and an even better locker room leader.

I don't like this either. Tough business decision where his overall snap count absolutely factored in.