Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Chas McGill posted:

If it's something mundane, why don't they just say what is? So weird.

I guess it depends on how mundane you consider a pegging incident.

What a snipe lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Death comes for us all

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

grobbo posted:

This summer: BALD WILL HUNTING.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's mind blowing that the palace is still trying to keep up the pretence that everything is ok. Harry was in the country for something like 12 hours when he visited his Dad, and the paps photographed his every move from the moment he landed in the UK to the moment he left.

But with Kate, we've had one really lovely quality photo of a person who is clearly not Kate in a car, and this partial AI monstrosity, These are the only two photographs of her in the space of 75+ days. Her last known movements were being rushed to hospital on the 28th December for her 'routine operation' that wasn't announced in advance.

The only conclusions I can come up with are:

- She's dead
- She's in a coma
- Her face is seriously damaged/disfigured due to an 'event'

If it was something as simple as Kate leaving him, then there would be a hot trail followed by paps.
If she was ok, then she would have been sat on a chair and professionally photographed at some point over the past two months.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Microplastics posted:

drat this is me too. When I get to the end of the thread I switch to BBC news and see if anything interesting is happening, then I switch back here and there's only 3 new posts? That's just not enough content and I'm dangerously close to logging into my work laptop

Mood :(

I moved the cats and imgur on the app still isn't working!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

I think if she was actually dead they'd be steering towards an announcement with "oh no seriously ill" kind of thing so I'm on the she's either on a life glug or took such a punch to the face the plastic surgeons are still wrestling with it side.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
One possibility I don't think has been brought up in the thread would be some medical problem that required an organ transplant. That could knock you out for quite a while, and if Kate was jumped to the front of the organ donation queue on account of her royalty could be a massive scandal if discovered. I don't know poo poo about organ transplants but I've seen it mentioned that one of the common medications you get prescribed following it has swelling in the face as a side effect which might explain her odd appearance in that one picture. But i am pretty much just talking out of my rear end here, so,

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Runcible Cat posted:

I think if she was actually dead they'd be steering towards an announcement with "oh no seriously ill" kind of thing so I'm on the she's either on a life glug or took such a punch to the face the plastic surgeons are still wrestling with it side.

On the subject of plastic surgery: I have been thinking that it's possible Kate has had to have an Angelina Jolie Special - preventative hysterectomy and double mastectomy - and doesn't want to be seen because her breast reconstruction isn't finished properly yet.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Reveilled posted:

One possibility I don't think has been brought up in the thread would be some medical problem that required an organ transplant. That could knock you out for quite a while, and if Kate was jumped to the front of the organ donation queue on account of her royalty could be a massive scandal if discovered. I don't know poo poo about organ transplants but I've seen it mentioned that one of the common medications you get prescribed following it has swelling in the face as a side effect which might explain her odd appearance in that one picture. But i am pretty much just talking out of my rear end here, so,

I dunno, I reckon there'd be plenty of royal stans lining up to donate a bit of themselves lawd luvver.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Chas McGill posted:

If it's something mundane, why don't they just say what is? So weird.

Yeah, the royals are usually really medieval about this: if a senior figure's ill, they'll be dragging them from their bed to do a cheery photoshoot on the hospital steps like a King being paraded across the battlefield to prove to the peasants that he's still alive and in charge.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jedit posted:

On the subject of plastic surgery: I have been thinking that it's possible Kate has had to have an Angelina Jolie Special - preventative hysterectomy and double mastectomy - and doesn't want to be seen because her breast reconstruction isn't finished properly yet.

Yeah, that's a more innocent but still possible reason.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Microplastics posted:

drat this is me too. When I get to the end of the thread I switch to BBC news and see if anything interesting is happening, then I switch back here and there's only 3 new posts? That's just not enough content and I'm dangerously close to logging into my work laptop

May I suggest watching Al Jazeera instead? It's channel 235 on Freeview, they have a Youtube channel, & you'll want to swear at the telly a bit less. Well, you'll swear a lot at what is happening in the world, but not on the lovely UK politicians spouting nothing.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
They're being pretty open about Charles's cancer, Kate having preventive surgery would rather pale to that.

quote:

Royal photographer Ian Lloyd told BBC Breakfast that editing of photos was "not unusual", saying: "It has gone on in photography, and royal photography particularly, since the dawn of photography."

He pointed to the Prince and Princess of Wales' Christmas card photo, released in December 2023, where Prince Louis "apparently had a finger missing" and there was "an extra leg".

Goons take more care over their comedy photoshops than the person touching up official photos for the British royal family.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

"They had to photoshop the last picture of her before she disappeared" is not the line of defence I'd have gone with.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hahaha!
https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1767113150694867070

Amazing :allears:

e: Bonus :lmao:
https://twitter.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1767125571643851004

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Lee Anderson has joined Reform.

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1767138002986254818?t=fHKSColJTZVWEMHmr_TFew&s=19

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/status/1767135566645092616

Conspiracy over. Kate's lovely photoshop skills are to blame.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

quote:

The Princess of Wales has apologised "for any confusion" her Mother's Day photograph caused, after five picture agencies retracted the image over editing concerns.

Catherine, in a statement posted on Kensington Palace social media, said: "Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing."

She's just taking some time off to learn Photoshop

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

P.S. Here's a selfie of me that I haven't edited to clearly show that I am alive and well, and to quash these silly rumours.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 11, 2024

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

fuctifino posted:

The only conclusions I can come up with are:

she's been stripped for parts to keep old sausage fingers ticking over a bit longer

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

P.S. Here's a selfie of me that I haven't edited to clearly show that I am alive and well, and to quash these silly rumours.

:lmao:

Weekend At Charlie's 2: Bald Will Shopping

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm laughing at 30p Lee joining Reform, because the grifting cunts had a public spat just the other day

e: lmao
https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1767140370826064291

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
That picture looks oddly more photoshopped that the Royals picture but assume it is just deeply unflattering.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's like the suit-and-tie version of when all the britain first and EDL and national front losers go to a 'unite the right' type poo poo and end up scrapping in a car park over some 50 year old ideological difference about what kinds of racism are the best.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Lee Anderson has been in more parties than Paris Hilton

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Critical support to Balls Man for the casual murder.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

In non dead-royal news, we have Priti Patel concerned that the new proposed definitions are going to be too extreme:
https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1767135146480644214

Her concern is almost definitely driven by being worried that fascists are swept up under the new rules, but it still made me lol

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Why did the photo agencies get in such a tizz over the photo being manipulated when that's apparently pretty standard? It was from an official source and nothing contentious? Well I dunno about not contentious now.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Total Hypothetical: If Kate is dead and murdered by William and it gets found out, William is sent to prison. Charles dies. George becomes king, but he’s ten, so you have to put in a regent. Who is it?

Does it go to Harry or does it skip Harry and go to Andrew. These are the real questions we should be mulling over.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

That picture looks oddly more photoshopped that the Royals picture but assume it is just deeply unflattering.

The backdrop has a real vibe of when AI tries and fails to generate a union flag with the correct proportions.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The king is allowed to chop his wife's head off.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

HidaO-Win posted:

Total Hypothetical: If Kate is dead and murdered by William and it gets found out, William is sent to prison. Charles dies. George becomes king, but he’s ten, so you have to put in a regent. Who is it?

Does it go to Harry or does it skip Harry and go to Andrew. These are the real questions we should be mulling over.

It's Harry by law.

If he says no, it's Andrew. In which case, lol.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ah yes, I forgot Tice looked like Older Nick Clegg

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Necrothatcher posted:

It's Harry by law.

This has the potential to get funnier and funnier as it goes on.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Why did the photo agencies get in such a tizz over the photo being manipulated when that's apparently pretty standard? It was from an official source and nothing contentious? Well I dunno about not contentious now.

Kate was just trying to touch up some red-eye and accidentally created an ai generated photo complete with wrong number of fingers. Whomst among us etc

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

William gets full legal immunity when his dad dies, so all he has to do is murder Charles too.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

NotJustANumber99 posted:

For editorial use, there's always a zero tolerance to manipulation much beyond minor cropping and global brightening. In theory it's to make sure it's a truthful photo and avoid the slippery slope of deciding where to draw the line. There's little justification for doing it, photogenic aesthetics are easily trumped by the need for truthfulness.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher posted:

It's Harry by law.

The Nonce and Future King

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/imshanereaction/status/1766955688478028259

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Why does William going to prison stop him from becoming the King upon Charles' death? Genuine question.

edit: all hail the Prison King