Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

HopperUK posted:

I suppose. I got it for Pokemon and Animal Crossing.

Same and also Monster Hunter.

It's worth keeping around for Pokemon trades alone.

And I can also play old games if I feel like it, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This unicorn overlord is the one gre battle of my dreams

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the thousand year chore

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

symbolic posted:

God that looks fantastic

The lighting alone looks absolutely fantastic.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

a.lo posted:

A remake of Super please

Or even just a remaster, easily my favourite Paper Mario

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I have to pay for nintendo online so I can keep playing f-zero 99

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

*standing in front of PSN, Xbox Live, and various MMOs* You mean twenty whole dollars for a measly year??

Pro tip: use the My Nintendo site to cash in your accumulated Platinum Coins for physical and digital freebies. Friends and kiddos have gotten some cute merch from me whenever I see something on there that matches their play habits.

Princess Peach: Showtime demo reaction - it's cute, has its charms, probably a bit too simple for adults. Keeps the player moving from setpiece to setpiece and uses a lot of stage pageantry. Each level has hidden loot that is tracked, so that could be the True Gamer challenge, much like in Yoshi games.

Agreed with the other poster who's curious how much game there is, seems like a chill time once it goes on sale.

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 10, 2024

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
It was actually in Fire Emblem: 3 houses that I first tried to use the online features. I don’t want my kids playing online, they’re not old enough for that poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

zokie posted:

Dang, that was not what I was expecting, but happy to provide entertainment. I didn’t mean to be all PCGAMER it just feels so unreal that I would have to pay to play online, or rather that I have to pay someone other than my internet provider… But I guess that’s how it’s done in the console world

It’s how it’s been done for a long time since the original Xbox, though it was only Microsoft doing it for a while. Sony didn’t start until the PS4 and Nintendo started with the Switch. Microsoft tried to make Xbox Live Gold a thing on PC very briefly as well before Games for Windows Live collapsed which was hilarious.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

a.lo posted:

A remake of Super please

Seconded, best plot of the series.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Genki dock 1 or 2? The one is real cheap and I don't see any difference beyond the 2 charges faster. Is that right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Len posted:

Genki dock 1 or 2? The one is real cheap and I don't see any difference beyond the 2 charges faster. Is that right?

nah 2 is much higher spec HDMI. does 4k60. the first only does 1080p60. not a big deal if you're only using it for switch but if you intend to use it for laptop or a steam deck or something, it might be worth getting the 2. if you want to future proof for Switch 2, i'd wait and see what the story is with the hdmi spec on that, who knows if the switch 2 will work with dock 2.

i have the 1 and I love it, great for switch and i use it for my steam deck and macbook too

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
They should remake Super Paper Mario and remove all the tedious gameplay.

None of the original game would remain.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Mario's paper now

Because of the woke

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Breadallelogram posted:

I have to pay for nintendo online so I can keep playing f-zero 99

It's the best value in history: I pay whatever per year and get my favorite game of all time for 100% free. Wow.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Andorra posted:

They should remake Super Paper Mario and remove all the tedious gameplay.

None of the original game would remain.

Brother you can’t mention tedious gameplay and then act like TTYD is a 10/10. Like 30% of that game is backtracking through long narrow hallways.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kevyn posted:

I pay for NSO so I can play Rygar. Everything else is just a bonus

poo poo BRB gotta sub to NSO

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

wizard2 posted:

yeah, it's fine. I just remembered that people were pretending to be mad about roster cuts with a lovely hashtag. what are the 3?

patrat, whatever patrat's evolution is called, and furfrou.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I do a family plan and let all my siblings and my niece play on it without paying anything because I don't give a poo poo

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Now, if I wanted to set up my account as a secondary on my sibling's Switch so they could play my games, do we all have to be on the same NSO plan? Or does that matter?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Muscle Tracer posted:

Also the 3 elemental monkeys families that are the least popular Pokemon of all time.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Muscle Tracer posted:

watchog

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
If I buy my kid a Switch Lite, is there a way he can play my digital only games?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes but it's complicated

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

so they really did make super mario 3d all stars time limited, and my friend that just got a switch can only play it by paying scalper prices on ebay? that accurate?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can easily buy it on eBay and not pay scalper prices.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can still probably find a copy at like, Target, they printed a lot

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Muscle Tracer posted:

so they really did make super mario 3d all stars time limited, and my friend that just got a switch can only play it by paying scalper prices on ebay? that accurate?

I managed to get it for less than MSRP from a local used games store this time last year, but obviously your mileage may vary. Otherwise yeah they really did say gently caress y’all by doing that (also by leaving out Galaxy 2).

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Muscle Tracer posted:

According to PriceCharting, used copies are now going for like $10 above MSRP.

Now that the Switch is going into its eighth year, and it's been four years since the 3D All-Stars limited time fiasco, it's wild to me that Nintendo hasn't brought it out of the vault again.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

i'll let go of my copy for $500

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

symbolic posted:

i'll let go of my copy for $500

ok but does that include shipping? or...?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Muscle Tracer posted:

ok but does that include shipping? or...?

wouldn't you like to know weather boy

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Ugh, my OG LCD Switch's screen seems to be biting the dust.

Dim even on max brightness, messed up contrast and ghosting of whatever was previously on the screen. Thankfully TV mode still works fine so it's a screen thing and not a GPU thing, but still, sucks.

Tried turning it off for a while and running a bunch of epilepsy-inducing "stuck pixel fixer" Youtube videos on it to no avail. Is there some other at-home fix I can try or should I just hunt down a repair shop?

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
The TTYD that exists in my mind and memories is very good but I'm worried that when they remade it they'll have remade the TTYD that actually exists, which is I fear solidly mid.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
mario should have stuck with turning into paper vehicles

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
pegi has deemed me worthy of buying balatro

thank you o gracious pegi

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

lines posted:

The TTYD that exists in my mind and memories is very good but I'm worried that when they remade it they'll have remade the TTYD that actually exists, which is I fear solidly mid.

wtf is wrong w u people

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

If the remake adds something in that greatly reduces the amount of backtracking you'd need to do, then it'd be A+.

Otherwise, it's still an A game.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Fuligin posted:

wtf is wrong w u people

Hey, I liked it! I just am worried about how it will objectively hold up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

lines posted:

Hey, I liked it! I just am worried about how it will objectively hold up.

Luckily you only have to experience it subjectively if u want