Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

...! posted:

lol, "right now"

true, but also way more than before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Good news!

Unfortunately, its not the same as regulations. It will just impact test scores, but car makers will still be able to legally remove physical buttons.

Of course, they are incentivized to follow the NCAP recommendations if they want to boast about being a top safety pick.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Welp, crash testers have gone woke. They won't even make the crash test dummies white, folks. You hate to see it. And we love our great crash test dummies, don't we? Sad.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

kazil posted:

Musk is doing a lot of race baiting right now. Fight videos, Haiti, immigrants. A lot of it.

Lol that Poor Things and Oppenheimer aren’t “woke” movies because they have white people in starring roles. Thats pretty mask off even for Elon.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

how are they going to open source their chatgpt subscription?

Discovery in the OpenAI case

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Elon Musk: Guess I was wrong

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

kazil posted:

Musk is doing a lot of race baiting right now. Fight videos, Haiti, immigrants. A lot of it.

They are openly cheering the fact only white people got awards? Just wow

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
He is so proud of it, I hope he is at least thinking a bit about the great brown king

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are openly cheering the fact only white people got awards? Just wow

Hey, they certainly can't relate to the people with regards to their talent; therefore this is the.only option for them (what with them being a gaggle of drooling, racist buffoons)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Saltpowered posted:

Lol that Poor Things and Oppenheimer aren’t “woke” movies because they have white people in starring roles. Thats pretty mask off even for Elon.

He really has been mask off for a while now. Like not even slightly subtle, as much as he thinks he is being. With how much the media has turned on him lately this is something that's going to come back to bite him at some stage. I would be very surprised if there wasn't quite a few journalists from around the world who have a big folder of musk white national tweets greatest hits stored and wanting to be brought up at some time.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
why a Malaysian guy is happy that white people won an American film competition :lol:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gros Tarla posted:

Unfortunately, its not the same as regulations. It will just impact test scores, but car makers will still be able to legally remove physical buttons.

Of course, they are incentivized to follow the NCAP recommendations if they want to boast about being a top safety pick.
They got them to make cars that beep when you go over the posted speed limit so hopefully that'll be enough of a hint to keep stalks and buttons.

Anyway not something I have to worry about for like 20 years

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It cracks me up that there is an entire industry supporting better ergonomic controls for rapidly shifting manual gears (namely racing equipment) because shifting is something you have to do constantly and you want to be able to do it with intricate tactile feedback and muscle memory, so you can do it with an absolute minimum of visual attention and workload

And here comes Tesla and the touchscreen car market trying to achieve the exact opposite goal, making shifting gears or transmission mode as attention-hungry and finicky a process as possible

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Dwesa posted:

why a Malaysian guy is happy that white people won an American film competition :lol:

He's a gimpy troglodyte magaboo posting on US time and hoping nobody notices he's actually foreign pond scum.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dwesa posted:

Somebody posted some old 4chan posts or something from him a bit ago. He is literally a white supremacist and hates asians. He says so himself

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The hatred, I'm sure, is mutual, as I'd bet Asians hate having to be associated with Ant Man.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Saltpowered posted:

poor things is a libertarian fantasy

no i will not elaborate

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dwesa posted:

unchecked mental illness

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Dwesa posted:

I think it's so he can sell weed to fund his support for Israel and enable his habit of making pipe bombs for terrorism purposes

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I still enjoy the idea that for a brief time people really did think he was arrested by Malaysian authorities lmao

How I wish it were true

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
These are all true facts that his best friend, Elon Musk, told me, as he also directly funds him

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Well, if he was put in house arrest, I dont think anyone would notice it

Maybe not even him

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Songbearer posted:

I think it's so he can sell weed to fund his support for Israel and enable his habit of making pipe bombs for terrorism purposes

I've heard this about noted Malaysian X'er Ian Miles Cheong many many times, and seen many forms of evidence for all of it.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

dr_rat posted:

He really has been mask off for a while now. Like not even slightly subtle, as much as he thinks he is being. With how much the media has turned on him lately this is something that's going to come back to bite him at some stage. I would be very surprised if there wasn't quite a few journalists from around the world who have a big folder of musk white national tweets greatest hits stored and wanting to be brought up at some time.

Even as mask off as he's been, it's still honestly a little jarring to me with just how stupid he is about this sometimes while acting like he's the biggest genius. Like, he's literally that meme where if it's not a straight white guy, then it's "political."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Even as mask off as he's been, it's still honestly a little jarring to me with just how stupid he is about this sometimes while acting like he's the biggest genius. Like, he's literally that meme where if it's not a straight white guy, then it's "political."

The problem is with all this is it’s the same playbook that took QAnon to a white house advisory position.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Data Graham posted:

It cracks me up that there is an entire industry supporting better ergonomic controls for rapidly shifting manual gears (namely racing equipment) because shifting is something you have to do constantly and you want to be able to do it with intricate tactile feedback and muscle memory, so you can do it with an absolute minimum of visual attention and workload

And here comes Tesla and the touchscreen car market trying to achieve the exact opposite goal, making shifting gears or transmission mode as attention-hungry and finicky a process as possible

Automatic cars aren't shifting gears every curve of the road so they don't need super tactile feedback controls.

Still should be actual physical controls and not a touch screen though.

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

Giggling blondes sporting cleavage on TV and WHITES ONLY sweep at the Oscars!!! We did it Twitt...uh er X!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

this is the most bafflingly insane design choice

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A rare miss by the Bee

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I still enjoy the idea that for a brief time people really did think he was arrested by Malaysian authorities lmao

How I wish it were true

I saw a post earlier mentioning that he's currently in Japan. Wonder what that's about.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

gschmidl posted:

He's a gimpy troglodyte magaboo posting on US time and hoping nobody notices he's actually foreign pond scum.

i thought he was switching to AU politics and therefore AU timezone

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh there's a cool follow-up to Elmo's earlier woke tweet:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Data Graham posted:

EVs don't really need transmissions in the traditional sense. For ICE vehicles, one of the main jobs a transmission does is it lets you stop without having to turn the engine fully off. Having a clutch or torque converter lets you stop the wheels without having to kill the engine by disconnecting the engine from the drive shaft. Same with heavy braking, you can stall a car out if you brake hard enough without something to get between the wheels and the engine.

EVs can just sit there without any need to have something constantly spinning that you have to disconnect or connect to if you want to stop or go. As far as I know they don't even need or really use gear ratios since an electric motor can just spin as needed with all the torque all the time. Unless one of those crazy super cars like a koenigsegg have an electric monster that uses them for something.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh there's a cool follow-up to Elmo's earlier woke tweet:

The irony of a movie about a Nazi coming to realize the evils he's participated in being loved by a Nazi who will never come to realize the evils he's participating in.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Weird to finally see them openly and plainly say that woke just literally means non-white to them now. after all the effort trying to dance around admitting that for years

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
None of those fucks ever saw American history x. It's hard to imagine a more explicitly woke movie.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk should make a white version of the NAACP.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
they just watch the curb scene on repeat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

steinrokkan posted:

None of those fucks ever saw American history x. It's hard to imagine a more explicitly woke movie.

yeah that's like the whole plot of the film: extremism is bullshit, and orchestrated by predators.