Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

dreezy posted:

post itt if you didnt know the oscars were tonight. i legit had no idea, want to know if thats weird

i never know about it until the next week when everyone's posting about what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

dreezy posted:

post itt if you didnt know the oscars were tonight. i legit had no idea, want to know if thats weird

I didn’t either before seeing it in other threads and I didn’t care even after finding out.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I didn't know ahead of time.

Did they make a joke about Will Smith, or just awkwardly pretend nothing happened last year?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

the Academy Award winning Godzilla movie series

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

It's a beauty contest, yes, but it's probably the most entertaining beauty contest there is.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

the Academy Award winning Godzilla movie series

Godzilla is the greatest

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

jazzyjay posted:

https://youtu.be/0rI9lYjE1eY

John Cena is the best part of any already pretty funny Tour Du Pharmacy

Cena on a tiny bike is a great visual

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

PostNouveau posted:

Lines? poo poo they let Stallone WRITE movies back then
lol

trilobite terror posted:

yeah but also the definition of “musclebound” has changed a lot. Sean Connery started out as a bodybuilder and all that, and by the time he was at his career peak as an actor the sport had moved way past that standard and toward guys like Arnold, etc
that's true I was thinking more like Lou Ferrignos and just total turds up there, trying to show emotion by flexing their massive forehead muscles, but yeah there are a lot of hollywood hunks (of beefcake) now they seem to have worked that out pretty good

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

counterfeitsaint posted:

I didn't know ahead of time.

Did they make a joke about Will Smith, or just awkwardly pretend nothing happened last year?

That happened two years ago.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I didn't watch the Oscars I just watched the On Cinema Oscars Special live at Amatocon

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
https://youtu.be/YpWoNG6H8MY?si=G_nQsbCeAdch3Zjj

We've come a long way.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Illmade posted:

Not by me. I remain baffled by everyone's casual acceptance of Hollywood slurping of CCP schlong.

China ftw

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

kdrudy posted:

That happened two years ago.

You absolute monster

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

when will john cena finally condemn china putting peepee in people's coke

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Improbable Lobster posted:

Godzilla is the greatest

they call him the King for a reason

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

when will john cena finally condemn china putting peepee in people's coke

Pretty sure he's already put out an entire rap album about that already.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

Hackers film 1995 posted:

yeah. if you can get past the fact that a baby’s brain is put in an adult woman’s body and then that woman has a lot of sex, then poor things is a great movie. if not, i totally understand (but you are probably a sex weirdo anyway)

So it's a shoo-in for Jay's movie of the year.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They're doing a Kickstarter for a new Deathstalker movie

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...lker_2024-03-10

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Khanstant posted:

I didn't watch the Oscars I just watched the On Cinema Oscars Special live at Amatocon

How was it?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Gripweed posted:

If you back it for $50 you'll get a VHS copy. Well pretty sure we now know how much the RLM crew will be putting in to this.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

This also won the best special effects Oscar

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Godzilla team bringing little action figures of Godzilla on stage with them when they won the Oscar was so awesome

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
I just watched T2 for the first time in like 20 years and loving hell what an amazing movie

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Monique Gabrielle is only 62.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I started going through all of the Star Trek stuff a while back. I got through TOS and TOS TAS which I mostly enjoyed. I then got to the movies. They are....OK, but god some of them are a slog, mostly past Wrath of Khan. I might just skip the movies and go straight to TNG

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
star trek 6 has christopher plummer shakespeare mode

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

dr_rat posted:

If you back it for $50 you'll get a VHS copy.
I like that seemingly no amount of money will get you the movie in any other format

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

counterfeitsaint posted:

So has John Cena been fully exonerated for that time he publicly groveled and begged the forgiveness of the Chinese government for accidentally referring to Taiwan by name? What is and is not cancel worthy can be difficult to keep track of sometimes.

Unfortunately he's stumbled right into "Vince McMahon may have committed horrific sex trafficking and rape and is at best tangientially involved in numerous murders and suicides, but on the other hand, he gave me a career, so it's impossible to say if he's good or bad"

Granted I don't think that's worth boycotting any movie he's in or whatever, but I'm definitely giving him the side-eye from now on. Side-eye, I tell you!

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

currently he is being lambasted on twitter for engaging in an illuminati humiliation ritual so win some lose some

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Sunk Dunk posted:

I started going through all of the Star Trek stuff a while back. I got through TOS and TOS TAS which I mostly enjoyed. I then got to the movies. They are....OK, but god some of them are a slog, mostly past Wrath of Khan. I might just skip the movies and go straight to TNG

2, 4 and 6 are good.
1 is good if you're like Mike and me and enjoy boring trek.
3 is not bad.
5 is bad, but endearingly so.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

currently he is being lambasted on twitter for engaging in an illuminati humiliation ritual so win some lose some

What's funny is there is no way John Cena was humiliated by that. John Cena doesn't give a poo poo if you see 95% of his great muscular body, dude was a bodybuilder at one point.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im so humiliated about my chiseled body

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
my gut dunlapped over my belt

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gripweed posted:

Death should get a restraining order.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I AM GRANDO posted:

Huh. I could have sworn she was about to turn 69.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

bitterandtwisted posted:

2, 4 and 6 are good.
1 is good if you're like Mike and me and enjoy boring trek.
3 is not bad.
5 is bad, but endearingly so.

I basically agree with this (although I might knock 1 up a tier to straight up "good").

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Crescent Wrench posted:

I basically agree with this (although I might knock 1 up a tier to straight up "good").

drat it mike we told you not to post in your own drat thread. It's weird.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Great as usual! The finale especially always descends into beautiful chaos. This year Tim and Gregg got the poo poo beat of them. Mark Pork couldn't make it because he was sandwiched between two cars and probably isn't going to survive (although I suspect he was inside the ominous Big Bird costume the whole time)

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

I AM GRANDO posted:

We need to do an Expendables-type movie with nothing but B-movie actresses from the 80s-90s.

The plot being that modern Hollywood has run out of ideas and is deciding to do a hipster reboot of a cult B-movie fantasy-horror movie franchise from the 80s and cast a bunch of big name young talents like Zendaya, Miley Cyrus, half the cast of Madame Web, etc.

The original films' leads are hired to appear on location to film a cameo where they are to be killed off in Scream fashion, but in a strange twist all the young starlets are instead killed off as real supernatural fantasy monsters arrive to stalk their shooting location and it's up to the B-actresses to fight back and survive the night.

Movie comes out, and they all attend the premiere and it turns out some sub-Justice League-level CG has been used to just digitally replace the younger actresses and the B-actresses one scene in the movie was cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Cynthia Rothrock is 67, I bet she can still kick