Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This might be the one useful application for horrendously bad AI art: attention-grabbing warning posters. If I saw something like this on a noticeboard at a public park I'd stop to look at it.

That dog is baked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The dog has lime [sic]

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Croccers posted:

Wow! I want that on a shirt!

Yeah, deffinitely going to need this on a shirt.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It's my thread and I say this counts:
https://futurism.com/the-byte/tinder-ai-makes-date-woman-stands-her-up

quote:

Instead of going through the tedium of talking to women himself, Moscow local Aleksandr Zhadan used an AI chatbot based on OpenAI's large language models to romance over 5,000 women on Tinder on his behalf.

Unsurprisingly, there were some dehumanizing growing pains with his dating bot. As Forbes reports, the AI program scheduled a date with a woman at the local Contemporary Multimedia Art Museum of Moscow — without actually informing Zhadan.

The poor woman showed up at the venue and texted the bot to see if Zhadan was still planning to make an appearance. In an even more unfortunate turn of events, the bot reassured her that he was on his way, apologizing.

"I am inside," the woman texted the bot, as translated by Forbes. "Are you really coming?"

"Yes, I am sure I am coming," the bot responded. "Sorry for the delay. Will be there soon."

knife_of_justice
Aug 12, 2007

103 and still BITCHIN'

Wasn’t this a whole Kath and Kim storyline in like 2003?

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Endjinneer posted:

It's amazing how quickly the internet is getting polluted with AI content, so future scrapes are going to ingest even more AI content and become even weirder. The waffleimages archive is basically the internet version of low-background steel at this point. One rare source of images guaranteed to be uncorrupted by AI.

It's cool how AI is meant to make computer programmers redundant because it follows simple rigid rules and it's easily testable, so it's easy to make an AI "understand" it. Whereas it completely fucks up knitting patterns which also follow simple rigid rules and are easily testable.

Anyway, for content. Everyone's a crap newspaper cartoonist now.

The one thing I will give to ai art is how well it nails the lovecraftian feeling of madness-inducing incomprehensibility. The longer you look the less familiar everything is, the more the wrongness seeps into everything.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Broke: Graven idols
Woke: Graven AIdols

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PYF lovely AI Art: Graven AIdols

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
thread about a set of DC Comics' Batman art probably being AI

https://twitter.com/jamesdleech/status/1766874645423120670

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

thread about a set of DC Comics' Batman art probably being AI

https://twitter.com/jamesdleech/status/1766874645423120670

I can't read Twitter threads but lol did they seriously see Batman kissing what is obviously Marvel's Black Cat and go "yep looks legit"

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ultrafilter posted:

PYF lovely AI Art: Graven AIdols

Gilded AIconography

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ImpAtom posted:

I can't read Twitter threads but lol did they seriously see Batman kissing what is obviously Marvel's Black Cat and go "yep looks legit"

That's Black Canary, a DC character who just happens to have the same physicality and costume aesthetic as Black Cat. Totally different!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

That's Black Canary, a DC character who just happens to have the same physicality and costume aesthetic as Black Cat. Totally different!

... why does Black Canary have cat ears?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/dibujantemierda/status/1767133876424466453

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Black Canary is always drawn with yellow hair, not white.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

e: yeah ^^^

ImpAtom posted:

... why does Black Canary have cat ears?

Actually I think it's a version of Catwoman who happens to look exactly like Black Cat. I was just going off a tweet I saw, which seems to be gone now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, I know, I'm just saying what that reads to me as is "AI got Catwoman and Black Cat confused and nobody double checked because whatever, sexy flirty cat thief character."

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Apparently it's supposed to be Catwoman but in the future where the only evidence of her aging is perfectly white hair.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
"By which I mean I typed in the prompts with my own hands, obviously."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cloacamazing! posted:

"By which I mean I typed in the prompts with my own hands, obviously."

I've actually seen AI defenders argue "Hey, we had to type out the prompts!!! You have to know the right words, it's not as simple as you think!!!"

Edit: oh poo poo I forgot about this bollocks

Our effort!! :qq:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:03 on Mar 12, 2024

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

I totally understand artists feeling betrayed by other artists using AI but I hate this witchhunting BS more than I hate crappy AI art. "I've kept refining the AI prompt to make it look more and more like a picture and now it looks like the picture therefore the original is also AI" is some AI paranoia brainworms. The supposed resemblance is clearly not a coincidence - because it's something this dipshit is doing on purpose. Bonus points for dipshittery if they included the artist's name in the prompt.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I've actually seen AI defenders argue "Hey, we had to type out the prompts!!! You have to know the right words, it's not as simple as you think!!!"

Edit: oh poo poo I forgot about this bollocks

Our effort!! :qq:

Why is this one rotated slightly?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Sausages posted:

I totally understand artists feeling betrayed by other artists using AI but I hate this witchhunting BS more than I hate crappy AI art. "I've kept refining the AI prompt to make it look more and more like a picture and now it looks like the picture therefore the original is also AI" is some AI paranoia brainworms. The supposed resemblance is clearly not a coincidence - because it's something this dipshit is doing on purpose. Bonus points for dipshittery if they included the artist's name in the prompt.

There is zero chance an actual artist draws Black Cat instead of Catwoman by mistake. I don't know about the rest but that poo poo is either AI or direct plagerism.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Maybe it's both for all I care but "I replicated it with AI therefore the original is AI" is an idiotic non-sequitur that shouldn't be accepted as evidence of anything.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
It's a logical fallacy. It may be true nonetheless, but it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that because AI produces something that kinda looks like the original that the original is therefore demonstrated to have likely been produced by AI

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

credburn posted:

Why is this one rotated slightly?

I'd forgotten about it until I spotted it again in a Youtube video and took a screenshot of it, they'd rotated it for some reason

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Heath posted:

It's a logical fallacy. It may be true nonetheless, but it doesn't necessarily stand to reason that because AI produces something that kinda looks like the original that the original is therefore demonstrated to have likely been produced by AI

That's not obvious to me. It's definitely not correct to conclude that an image must be AI-generated because it's similar to AI output, but as soon as you start involving probabilities things get to be a lot more complicated. There are also some technical details about how current AI systems work that are relevant. I've asked the AI thread over in CoC in case anyone's interested in seeing how that discussion goes.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Given that AI art is by definition derivative, anything AI produces is going to resemble the source material in some respect. If I tell an AI prompt "woman with brown hair, in the style of Gustav Klimt, ((large breasts))" does that imply that any given Gustav Klimt image I find online has a chance of being AI generated?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Heath posted:

does that imply that any given Gustav Klimt image I find online has a chance of being AI generated?

These days yeah, unless you can recognise it as an original Klimt. The web is going to be flooded with fake Klimt paintings created by AI and there's just going to be more and more over time

Sometimes the lines get a little blurry and actual Klimt paintings that were destroyed by the Nazis are "resurrected" using AI tech
https://artsandculture.google.com/story/bringing-klimt-back-to-life-with-machine-learning/bgXxLsdwpiFriQ?hl=en

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

looking forward to the insane bit rot that we'll be getting as current and future image generative AIs are trained on the output of earlier ones, and because there is so goddamn much of it it's going to be weighted pretty heavily

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What I'm saying is that it stands to reason that there are Klimt paintings out there that are objectively not AI. You cannot extrapolate backwards that because an AI image resembles another that it is therefore AI.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Flesh Forge posted:

looking forward to the insane bit rot that we'll be getting as current and future image generative AIs are trained on the output of earlier ones, and because there is so goddamn much of it it's going to be weighted pretty heavily

Isn't that already happening with some of the engines?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Heath posted:

What I'm saying is that it stands to reason that there are Klimt paintings out there that are objectively not AI. You cannot extrapolate backwards that because an AI image resembles another that it is therefore AI.

In this particular case with the Batman art I think their argument is pretty weak. Other companies have been caught out using AI art recently and it's usually a bit more obvious and I suspect that people have been keeping an eye out for it showing up in comicbooks but they may have jumped the gun

This story got picked up by CBR so maybe DC will actually weigh in on it: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-batman-alleged-ai/

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Flesh Forge posted:

*me, connecting robot poo poo hole straight to robot mouth* no you see it is called bootstrapping and actually it is really good

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

Isn't that already happening with some of the engines?

yeah any that already crawl the art galleries are already getting crammed full of their own poop lol

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In this particular case with the Batman art I think their argument is pretty weak. Other companies have been caught out using AI art recently and it's usually a bit more obvious and I suspect that people have been keeping an eye out for it showing up in comicbooks but they may have jumped the gun

This story got picked up by CBR so maybe DC will actually weigh in on it: https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-batman-alleged-ai/

It's at least incredibly inconsistent internally in that issue and at large with that artist's work in ways that definitely seem off.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/FashioningSelf/status/1767540415702380614

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

“Hm, not many positive historical pics of black folks in America… let’s just make some up, beep bop boop, problem solved!”