Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Three Olives posted:

People seriously think this idiot should be president.

All I want from the universe is for him to experience a severe electric shock every time he says the word "tremendous". Is that too much to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's actually insanely bad for her that Britt's response is still in the news

Biden got glowing reviews and it's now mostly forgotten and Britt is continuously staying around the news cycle

You could not have whiffed this any harder if you had a plastic bat

Does this mean her political career is over? God no, she's got a future. But it definitely lowered her stock in the party tremendously
it's because the message went over extremely well with a minority community of outsized voices and went over hilariously for the majority.
which wasn't the gop's intent, they already have the stepford/tradwife community votes, they don't need to appeal to them, but they did because they don't have access to strategists that can consider women outside this community as people.
so you got people replaying it unironically which leads directly to people playing it ironically which leads to a larger audience of people playing it unironically.*
which is exactly how trump himself functions in the modern world
no news is bad news, all news is good news will kill us all.

*the "comedy" of just playing large clumps of the message, the message that works on certain people, and cutting back to some idiot going "haha wasn't that funny" doesn't stop that message from spreading

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

beerinator posted:

She will not be a VP pick now, that's for sure.

I don't know if anyone was seriously talking about her for VP or if it was just one of the 8,000 names "in the running" or whatever. But it almost does feel like someone wanted to sabotage her, if they knew she would bomb it maybe.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

InsertPotPun posted:

it's because the message went over extremely well with a minority community of outsized voices and went over hilariously for the majority.
which wasn't the gop's intent, they already have the stepford/tradwife community votes, they don't need to appeal to them, but they did because they don't have access to strategists that can consider women outside this community as people.
so you got people replaying it unironically which leads directly to people playing it ironically which leads to a larger audience of people playing it unironically.*
which is exactly how trump himself functions in the modern world
no news is bad news, all news is good news will kill us all.

*the "comedy" of just playing large clumps of the message, the message that works on certain people, and cutting back to some idiot going "haha wasn't that funny" doesn't stop that message from spreading

yeah. they had her doing her "keep sweet" voice and everyone either was weirded out by duggar psycho poo poo or laughed or got ptsd.

Rescue Toaster posted:

I don't know if anyone was seriously talking about her for VP or if it was just one of the 8,000 names "in the running" or whatever. But it almost does feel like someone wanted to sabotage her, if they knew she would bomb it maybe.

its gonna be either a scary nut job or a moron nutjob. its not gonna be a good pick that would help trump.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What does a VP candidate even mean for Trump? I doubt he'd be considering it electorally. I assume it's just whomever kisses his rear end closest to when he has to make the choice.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

redshirt posted:

What does a VP candidate even mean for Trump? I doubt he'd be considering it electorally. I assume it's just whomever kisses his rear end closest to when he has to make the choice.

Last person he speaks to before he picks

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

redshirt posted:

Donald Trump / Ivanka Trump ticket lol

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

WhiteHowler posted:

All I want from the universe is for him to experience a severe electric shock every time he says the word "tremendous". Is that too much to ask?

Give him a break, he doesn't know very many 3 syllable words.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

drat he went back to defaming as soon as the money went through
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1767191611107119423

Lmao that guy threw 100 million in a burning pyre

Who the hell constantly convinces this guy he will win appeals?

Has Donald Trump ever once won an appeal for loving anything

Also dipshit, I know your lawyers are idiots, but it has been factually proven in a court and found you guilty of rape. That's not a "false" accusation you loving dumpsterfire of a human being

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

redshirt posted:

What I'm reading is that a Trump VP needs to be 1) loyal and 2) have access to the GOP mega donors because he desperately needs cash

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Santos has the credit cards, you need to do it Donald

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

lmao that trump can't stop defaming. just a goddamn perpetual defamation engine

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean it was a bribe, as simple as that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

kazil posted:

Last person he speaks to before he picks

Isn't that literally how his handlers steered him to Pence? Like they sabotaged a meeting with Christie or something just so he wouldn't have Christie as the last thing in his brains tiny buffer zone

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

What I'm reading is that a Trump VP needs to be 1) loyal and 2) have access to the GOP mega donors because he desperately needs cash

3) willing to commit treason every now and again

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

I have to disagree here with Lisa. I think Trump was actually talking about how much less he'd normally pay to coverup sexual abuse cases.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

Also dipshit, I know your lawyers are idiots, but it has been factually proven in a court and found you guilty of rape. That's not a "false" accusation you loving dumpsterfire of a human being
He stalls and has sometimes gotten smaller firms to settle for 40% of the original price 4 years later.

Carroll has no reason to stop suing him though. Nor would her heirs I assume.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kazil posted:

I have to disagree here with Lisa. I think Trump was actually talking about how much less he'd normally pay to coverup sexual abuse cases.

I think he's talking about what a bond would have normally cost someone where he got it for cheap or free since a crony runs the bond company.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Why do they keep using that 8 year old photo of Trump for every telephone interview where he looks somewhat dignified instead of a current one where he looks like a bronzed blobfish post-explosive decompression?

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

I read he approved the loan because when Trump was president he put the guy on a white house advisory committee. I know this poo poo is a lot of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" but I'd probably feel like a sucker more than I feel like I owe Trump a drat thing at this point in his shoes, but I guess that's why I'm not a multimillionaire CEO business genius like the guy who just burned 100 million.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Not a cult

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1767162900139901384?s=20

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

this is not okay lmao wtf

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
loving hell

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The Book of Revelations is becoming more of a prophecy by the day

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think he's talking about what a bond would have normally cost someone where he got it for cheap or free since a crony runs the bond company.

Possibly, but the way he said it made me think he was talking about what sexual assault accusations normally cost

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

haunting. haunting stuff.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The Book of Revelations is becoming more of a prophecy by the day

That's their intent, yes. A not insignificant number of Evangelicals will vote for him because they believe Trump will bring the Rapture.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Political suicide

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Political suicide

Please keep saying this

And abortion ban

And fumbling IVF and birth control

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Jesus Christ this is the worst loving timeline. This is like the anti-lol.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kazil posted:

Here's the clip btw

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

saintonan posted:

That's their intent, yes. A not insignificant number of Evangelicals will vote for him because they believe Trump will bring the Rapture.

It's funny that they think they're going to be one of the 144,000 and not have to deal with the poo poo down here when it comes

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

You're not going to win any gay hearts and minds by killing Phantom with parody lyrics, Mr. Trump. :colbert:

[Edit: Also, I don't believe in the concept of cringe but that video made me cringe so hard that I might be dying.]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

loving hell

Webber already killed Phantom with Love Never Dies, now this poo poo exists?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's funny that they think they're going to be one of the 144,000 and not have to deal with the poo poo down here when it comes

It's also astoundingly heretical, the idea that humans can do anything to affect the timing of this at all. Evangelicals have left mainline Christianity anyway, so little things like heresy don't matter to them anymore.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

It's funny anyone thinks we would collectively notice 144,000 "God's Chosen" disappearing out of 8+ billion people .

This poo poo happened and we're already dealing with the leftovers.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/KaivanShroff/status/1767001978792444396?s=20

quote:

Kansas Republicans have condemned a fundraiser Friday night where attendees paid to kick and beat an effigy of President Joe Biden, distancing themselves from extremists who have seized control of the party.

The Biden-bashing antics were part of a Kansas GOP event in Johnson County, where rocker Ted Nugent and disgraced former Kansas Attorney General Phill Kline were the main attractions.

The video shows several people at the event attempting a roundhouse kick to a mannequin bust with a Biden mask and “Let’s Go, Brandon” T-shirt. Another woman is seen beating the president’s face with a foam bat.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Can Trump just not choose a VP? I know it's required but when has that ever stopped Trump?

I'm thinking of a scenario where Trump refuses to choose a VP, the RNC chooses one for him, and we get a campaign where the Republican candidates for President and VP are never seen together, campaign on different messages, and Trump insults his VP and talks about how he never wanted them.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Reside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

This made Hunter cry.