Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Interesting analysis.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198788689465639?t=5EJkcqOtTKBS_Zu6v4bvYQ&s=19

Maybe several generations of treating minorities as a homogenous dependable voting bloc that you don't have to appeal to in any way is not a great long-term electoral strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Maybe several generations of treating minorities as a homogenous dependable voting bloc that you don't have to appeal to in any way is not a great long-term electoral strategy

Maybe, but then how is not attempting to appeal to them a successful strategy?

Edit, I guess the argument is just that non-Whites are conservative after all and the bonds of the civil rights and other era are dissipating. OK, so new question, how do you appeal to conservatives who happen to be non-White? It seems that those people being lost in Democratic voting want policies leftists/liberals here would not be happy with.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 11, 2024

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Failed Imagineer posted:

Interesting analysis.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198788689465639?t=5EJkcqOtTKBS_Zu6v4bvYQ&s=19

It looks like he took some movement in 2020 and then drew arbitrary arrows to make it look like 2024 will be close to 50:50. I have no idea why he thinks it’ll close that much and suspect he doesn’t and is just throwing poo poo on a graph.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, are those trends borne out in actual elections or just the NYT/Siena poll

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Failed Imagineer posted:

Interesting analysis.

That is the opposite conclusion that the author draws.

According to him, the primary cause is more conservative black voters (particularly younger conservative black voters who have no memory of the civil rights movement) realigning to a party that more naturally fits their views.

For Hispanics, it is partially the same thing as black voters and partially that a growing share of Hispanic voters identify as white and are voting similarly to how white people overall vote.

He also says that his 2024 figures are based on polls, whereas the previous figures are based on election results, so that may be making the jump much larger if the polls aren't exactly correct.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198834973626460
https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198841504211035

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Lol those arrows from 2020 to 2024 are completely made up

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Bwee posted:

They are based on polling crosstabs. Not completely made up, but not the same as the previous data.

The author also admits that his theory could be way off if the racial polling crosstabs don't bear out in 2024 election results.

The author notes that the crosstabs are highly unstable and not necessarily hugely reliable for getting specific numbers, but the trend of more conservative Hispanic and black young voters supporting the GOP seems to be appearing in most polls, so he says that is more solid proof that something is happening.

Just clarifying for context.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bwee posted:

Also fake, according to Pew's 2020 electoral analysis

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

We need to appeal to a fictionally massive demographic of non-White conservative voters by broadly adopting Trumpian policies you see.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
It has been a massive, massive self own that the GOP has never made any effort to get Hispanic voters, considering they do align in values (or the values the GOP continues to pretend to have) a lot of the time more with the GOP than Democrats. There are a lot of socially conservative, small business owning, anti-abortion, etc Hispanic people. But then the GOP made its deal with the White nationalist devil a long time ago.

Edit: I admit this is anecdotal experience, but I live in a heavily Hispanic area and work in a heavily (98%) Hispanic workplace, and as a white guy the poo poo that people assume it’s ok to tell me is pretty insane. They just assume I’m conservative like them and go off.

Fork of Unknown Origins fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 11, 2024

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Failed Imagineer posted:

Interesting analysis.

It says "intention in pre-election polls". Forget intention, show me the exit poll results of actual votes cast.

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

It looks like he took some movement in 2020 and then drew arbitrary arrows to make it look like 2024 will be close to 50:50. I have no idea why he thinks it’ll close that much and suspect he doesn’t and is just throwing poo poo on a graph.

That too. The only data points he has are the changes between 2016 and 2020, which is effectively one data point. You don't get to take one data point and then extrapolate a 15 point swing. That's especially true if what the graph is measuring not actual exit-polling after a vote but "intention in pre-election polls."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

It has been a massive, massive self own that the GOP has never made any effort to get Hispanic voters, considering they do align in values (or the values the GOP continues to pretend to have) a lot of the time more with the GOP than Democrats. There are a lot of socially conservative, small business owning, anti-abortion, etc Hispanic people. But then the GOP made its deal with the White nationalist devil a long time ago.

Edit: I admit this is anecdotal experience, but I live in a heavily Hispanic area and work in a heavily (98%) Hispanic workplace, and as a white guy the poo poo that people assume it’s ok to tell me is pretty insane. They just assume I’m conservative like them and go off.

Haven't they? I remember some noises around the last election or two about how Facebook is full of Spanish-language misinformation and no one is investigating because all the investigators only speak English

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The 2012 Romney post-mortem concluded that if the GOP didn't start to reach out to Hispanic voters, they were on the path to becoming a regional rump party. But then they nominated the most openly racist and anti-immigrant candidate in history and he won so here we are.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

It's almost as if a nobody reporter for a second rate newspaper whose beat covers a million topics including "the economy to climate change, social issues and healthcare" even though he is an expert in exactly none of those topics isn't going to provide a good analysis of anything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

zoux posted:

The 2012 Romney post-mortem concluded that if the GOP didn't start to reach out to Hispanic voters, they were on the path to becoming a regional rump party. But then they nominated the most openly racist and anti-immigrant candidate in history and he won so here we are.

An issue is that to a lot of Hispanic people, anti-immigration doesn’t necessarily equal anti-Hispanic.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

haveblue posted:

Haven't they? I remember some noises around the last election or two about how Facebook is full of Spanish-language misinformation and no one is investigating because all the investigators only speak English

It was highly regional, but Democrats lost significant ground among Cuban Americans that resulted in them losing congressional seats in Florida and New York.

Hispanics in southern Texas near border towns also became noticeably more Republican, but the Democratic share of the Latino vote nationally was basically unchanged from 2016 to 2020 (up to 66% from 65%).

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/chart-how-us-latinos-voted-2020-presidential-election

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WTF happened to the ACLU

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1767173635419394106

quote:

In addition to trying to expand the scope of mandatory arbitration, the ACLU is also arguing that the current General Counsel (GC) of the NLRB, Jennifer Abruzzo, was appointed unconstitutionally because President Biden did not have the right to remove her predecessor, Peter Robb, before his four-year term as GC had ended. Biden fired Robb on the first day of his presidency and is the first president to ever fire an NLRB GC.

According to the ACLU’s answer, because Robb was unconstitutionally fired, Abruzzo was unconstitutionally appointed and therefore lacks the authority to prosecute the ACLU for unfair labor practices. If this argument prevails, then it could potentially invalidate everything the Biden Board has done as it is all dependent, in one way or another, on the actions taken by GC Abruzzo.

quote:

Given that the ACLU is a progressive organization that sits in a broader ecosystem that includes the labor movement, it is hard to understand why it is pursuing such aggressive and reckless legal theories at the NLRB. Their posture becomes even more puzzling after you read the details of the underlying dispute, which seems to have no real stakes for the practical operation of the organization and appears to just be the result of a DEI-crazed HR department.

The dispute centers around the termination of ACLU staffer Katherine Oh. According to the ACLU:

[Ms. Oh was] terminated for violation of her obligation to maintain a workplace free of harassment, including in her engaging in repeated hurtful and inciteful conduct for colleagues that impugns their reputation and her demonstration of a pattern of hostility toward people of color, particularly black men, and her significant insubordination.

What exactly did Ms. Oh, an Asian woman, do that is being characterized like this?

After the national political director, a manager that Ms. Oh and her colleagues had submitted complaints against, left the organization, Ms. Oh joked in a meeting announcing the departure that “the beatings will continue until morale improves.” The ACLU DEI officer said this comment was racist because the former national political director is a black man.

Ms. Oh said in a phone meeting that she was “afraid to raise certain issues” with her direct supervisor. This was also described as racist because that supervisor is a black man.

Ms. Oh claimed that another manager “lied to her when she identified the members of management who had ultimate responsibility over whether to proceed with a particular campaign.” This was also racist because that manager is a black woman.

If you think I am being selective or mischaracterizing the claims here, I welcome you to read the arbitration transcript attached as Exhibit 3 here.

The ACLU fired her for this behavior, which is a problem because complaining about supervisors in a concerted way is protected activity under Section 7 of the NLRA, something that has not changed just because certain HR departments have realized that, in the current DEI-inflected environment, they can lodge baseless racism accusations against outspoken workers to provide cover for firing them.

Thus, on the merits, this is an open and shut ULP case. Ms. Oh engaged in protected complaints about workplace conditions. The ACLU fired her explicitly in retaliation for those complaints and thereby violated Section 8(a)(1) of the NLRA.

Instead of owning up to this, the ACLU has decided to pay a fortune to management-side lawyer Kenneth Margolis to advance boutique legal theories arguing, not that the ACLU’s conduct respected Ms. Oh’s Section 7 rights, but rather that the NLRB, either because of the constitution or the ACLU’s arbitration policy, has no authority to enforce Ms. Oh’s rights. In the unlikely scenario where these theories succeed, the ACLU will strike a blow, not just against Ms. Oh, but every worker across the country and the labor movement more generally.

It’s hard to imagine that the individuals and foundations that donate to the ACLU want to see the organization use their money to undermine workers rights like this. If the ACLU comes to its senses on this, it can back out of the case at any time by simply providing Ms. Oh with reinstatement and backpay.

Labor policy has been one of the true bright spots of the Biden admin, it's hard to square this action by the ACLU with their stated values.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Gripweed posted:

An issue is that to a lot of Hispanic people, anti-immigration doesn’t necessarily equal anti-Hispanic.

100% this. There’s a boomer energy of “I came through legally why can’t they!?” When the situations are as comparable as boomers who could put themselves through college flipping burgers not wanting loan forgiveness now.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

It was highly regional, but Democrats lost significant ground among Cuban Americans that resulted in them losing congressional seats in Florida and New York.

Hispanics in southern Texas near border towns also became noticeably more Republican, but the Democratic share of the Latino vote nationally was basically unchanged from 2016 to 2020 (up to 66% from 65%).

https://www.as-coa.org/articles/chart-how-us-latinos-voted-2020-presidential-election

Yeah I can not stress this enough: Cuban-Americans, Tejanos, California Hispanics, etc, have very little in common in terms of voting patterns, values, etc. Lumping them all together really muddies the water on what factors are driving voting patterns in each group.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1767209453428887872

I think the media are actually being too hard on Trump for this.

He does say he is open to cutting entitlements, but I don't know if you can really get a coherent policy plan from this statement:

quote:

Trump floats 'cutting' retirement spending, drawing quick pushback from Biden

The Republican nominee-in-waiting said that “there’s a lot you can do in terms of cutting” when pressed on CNBC about the solvency of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump opened the door Monday to “cutting” retirement spending programs like Social Security and Medicare, drawing swift pushback from President Joe Biden and elevating a key policy battle in the 2024 election.

Phoning into CNBC's "Squawk Box," Trump was pressed on how he plans to resolve the long-term solvency problems of Social Security.

“So first of all, there is a lot you can do in terms of entitlements, in terms of cutting,” Trump responded. “And in terms of, also, the theft and the bad management of entitlements — tremendous bad management of entitlements — there’s tremendous amounts of things and numbers of things you can do.”

The former president didn’t get specific about how he’d change the retirement programs, or what kind of cuts he may seek if he's elected this fall. A Trump campaign spokesperson didn’t immediately respond to a request for additional details.

Biden’s campaign tweeted out the video and the president responded quickly: “Not on my watch.”

Social Security is projected to be solvent through 2034. Medicare is solvent through 2028. After that, benefits under the programs will face automatic cuts unless policy changes are made to add revenue or reduce spending.

Biden has ruled out benefit cuts to the programs. In his State of the Union speech last week, Biden said he'd "protect and strengthen Social Security and make the wealthy pay their fair share."

"If anyone here tries to cut Social Security or Medicare or raise the retirement age, I will stop you," Biden said, presenting the 2024 election as a choice between his plan versus cutting Social Security to "give more tax breaks to the wealthy."

“As the President just warned in his State of the Union address, Republican officials plan to cut Medicare and Social Security,” White House spokesman Andrew Bates said, adding that “today, in his budget, President Biden honors his ironclad commitment by firmly opposing benefit cuts to Medicare and Social Security.”

Opposition to retirement benefit cuts unifies Democrats, many of whom favor expanding Social Security benefits as well as adding dental, vision and hearing benefits to Medicare.

Republicans are more divided on how to address the programs, with many House GOP lawmakers supporting a budget that calls for lowering spending by raising the Social Security eligibility age and calling for partial privatization of Medicare. But Trump has sought to position himself in opposition to conservative orthodoxy on retirement spending, without getting specific on what he’d do.

On CNBC, the former president spoke broadly.

“I know that they’re going to end up weakening Social Security because the country is weak. I mean, take a look at outside of the stock market ... we’re going through hell. People are going through hell,” Trump said, adding that the middle class has “been treated very, very badly with policy.”

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 11, 2024

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

He said entitlements and cut, you attack and you attack relentlessly and you never take your foot off his neck. Are we really mincing words with a guy who is on the campaign trail saying Russia would have never invaded Ukraine if he was President?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Interesting analysis.

If that's your takeaway, then I'm not entirely sure you read the whole analysis. The conclusion the tweeter came to was very different from what you seem to be suggesting here.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198828216696975

The analysis seems to come to the conclusion that non-white voters are fundamentally conservative and were always "natural Republicans", but have gone against their own ideological leanings for historical reasons.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198864698716387?s=20

The analysis concludes that as racial discrimination fades away and the populace loses their religious community ties, non-whites will naturally drift toward the GOP.

I don't think that's a complete analysis or a correct one, but you can't point to the analysis without acknowledging the argument it actually makes.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lol, ok.

Gripweed posted:

It’s definitely mainly an economic thing. I don’t know enough about North Korea’s internal political setup to comment on that.
Well all right then, if China is the best representation of socialism we have, then it makes a pretty good case for socialism being poo poo imo.

100% this. There’s a boomer energy of “I came through legally why can’t they!?” When the situations are as comparable as boomers who could put themselves through college flipping burgers not wanting loan forgiveness now.

Yeah I can not stress this enough: Cuban-Americans, Tejanos, California Hispanics, etc, have very little in common in terms of voting patterns, values, etc. Lumping them all together really muddies the water on what factors are driving voting patterns in each group.
Yeah and in general there's quite a bit of lionization going on w.r.t. immigrants and minorities when from experience they can have terrible opinions and be as FYGM as anyone else.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
On the demo shifts, what exactly do they mean by "natural" Dems or Reps? I think that deserves some serious unpacking, especially tied to race constructs.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 11, 2024

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Discendo Vox posted:

On the demo shifts, what exactly do they mean by "natural" Dems or Reps?

He's saying that white people who favored the Republican positions on guns, LGBT rights, abortion, immigration, and crime almost exclusively voted Republican. Whereas Hispanic voters who favored those policies were split about 50/50 and are getting closer to the way white people vote.

People who favored the Republican positions on guns, LGBT rights, abortion, immigration, and crime, but voted for Democrats, are the "natural" Republicans that are coming back according to the author.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

mobby_6kl posted:

lol, ok.

Well all right then, if China is the best representation of socialism we have, then it makes a pretty good case for socialism being poo poo imo.

Yeah and in general there's quite a bit of lionization going on w.r.t. immigrants and minorities when from experience they can have terrible opinions and be as FYGM as anyone else.

There's also the complicating factor that in general, easier immigration general favors the capital class and not the average worker. A construction worker who gets priced out of work by an undocumented worker isn't going to be in favor of more open borders, but the owner of the construction company will be.

This gets muddled up with the generally godawful race relations in the United States, but it is true.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

OPAONI posted:

There's also the complicating factor that in general, easier immigration general favors the capital class and not the average worker. A construction worker who gets priced out of work by an undocumented worker isn't going to be in favor of more open borders, but the owner of the construction company will be.

This gets muddled up with the generally godawful race relations in the United States, but it is true.

The issue there is that they are undocumented and not getting access to all the rights they should be. If it were easy to get documented and everybody was playing by the same rules wrt employment laws a lot of that problem goes away. Along with some of the age-demographic economic problem which I am getting more and more convinced has made the turn from “looming” to “active,” stalled if anything only by immigration.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

On the demo shifts, what exactly do they mean by "natural" Dems or Reps? I think that deserves some serious unpacking, especially tied to race constructs.

They mean that on a number of major policies, these groups actually tend to favor the Republican Party's positions over the Democratic Party's positions, but that they've put aside those ideological priorities and voted for the Dems anyway due to cultural memories of the civil rights era. That much is, at least, fairly well-documented - the conservative policy leanings of minorities has been something that's been a concern for years, though it rarely makes its way to the mainstream political conversation. Unfortunately, polling has fairly consistently suggested that this much is true:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198848743514534

The problem is where he goes from there, his ultimate conclusions.

He goes on to suggest that discrimination has lessened, and that various factors (such as a decrease in segregation and a decrease in church attendance) have both contributed to eroding those cultural memories and community norms. I think this portion of the analysis is rather dubious. Whether discrimination and segregation have actually lessened is, of course, very much debatable. And even if they have, that wouldn't explain the abrupt and drastic shift the writer is seeing only in 2020 and later. These are long-term systemic factors that wouldn't result in a graph like this:

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1767198788689465639

So the analysis is clearly missing something, and it's missing something rather large and important.

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell

Failed Imagineer posted:

Interesting analysis.

Why would someone seriously interrogating this question use "pre-election polling" when they can use actual turnout numbers?

I would need to go find the data, but I don't think it is borne out by 2020 actuals to be this kind of steep increase.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BougieBitch posted:

Why would someone seriously interrogating this question use "pre-election polling" when they can use actual turnout numbers?

Best way to get someone to click on an article is to scare a liberal.

And it's not, Pew found that black voters broke for Biden 92-8 in 2020.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

zoux posted:

WTF happened to the ACLU

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1767173635419394106

Labor policy has been one of the true bright spots of the Biden admin, it's hard to square this action by the ACLU with their stated values.

This seems... weirdly hosed up and way outside the ACLU's stated goals? What is the management structure like there that this kind of legal expense could get approved and pushed forward?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ElegantFugue posted:

This seems... weirdly hosed up and way outside the ACLU's stated goals? What is the management structure like there that this kind of legal expense could get approved and pushed forward?

They are being sued for discrimination and the NLRB sided with the person suing them.

They are essentially defending themselves in a lawsuit and appealing. It isn't an advocacy lawsuit, it's a legal case against them that they are trying to get dropped.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Socialism is when you have a flag where red touches yellow. Read your Marx, people.

For a little more detail, I seem to recall the research into it suggested Cuban Americans were really receptive to anti-communist Republican rhetoric and also were a big Qanon demographic, while the Texan counties that saw the biggest shifts had also gotten a lot of economic influx from the wall projects so at least somewhat were voting with their wallets. Both of which make sense.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

ElegantFugue posted:

Planned Parenthood also engages in union busting. It turns out if your politics aren’t class-intersectional they can easily suck the moment you get outside your lane.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

In an election where both candidates have been incredibly light on policy, we are finally starting to get a little bit of each candidate's official platform.

Biden released his 2025 budget blueprint.

This is essentially the domestic taxing/spending policy document for his re-election campaign. Some of these policies were already announced during the State of the Union last week.

Biden's Major Proposals:

- 25% minimum tax rate for individuals with over $1 billion in assets/unrealized capital gains.

- Increase the number of drugs Medicare can negotiate prices for up to 500.

- Cap insulin at $35 per month for private insurance plans and cap out of pocket prescription costs to $2,000 a year for all private health plans.

- Permanently expand the child tax credit back to what it was under the stimulus bill. (~$3,600 per child under 7 and fully refundable)

- Make the ACA/Obamacare boosted subsidies that started during Covid and are set to expire in 2026 permanent.

- Oppose any cuts to Medicare or Social Security

Trump released a few economic and tax policy details in response, but hasn't released a full economic platform yet. This is just a list of what he announced recently in response and is not a comprehensive list of economic platform so far.

Trump's Major proposals:

- Make the 2017 Trump Tax Cuts permanent (the corporate tax cuts are already permanent, this would be for the personal income tax cuts).

- A 10% tariff on all goods entering America to help pay for the tax cuts.

- Reduce the corporate tax rate to 15%

- Pay down the national debt by the end of term (this isn't really a policy, but I'm including it because it is what he said. Doing so would require huge spending cuts and he has declined to specify any of what he would cut to achieve this).

- Support the Republican House budget that would lower the deficit by $14 trillion over 10 years. $8.7 trillion would come from Medicaid and Medicare cuts.

https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1767155785233059963

Man, that seems like an easy comparison between "run a country" or "throw the nation into chaos".

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Trump: Inflation is a problem, so here are exclusively inflationary policies such as tax cuts and tariffs.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Killer robot posted:

Socialism is when you have a flag where red touches yellow. Read your Marx, people.

For a little more detail, I seem to recall the research into it suggested Cuban Americans were really receptive to anti-communist Republican rhetoric and also were a big Qanon demographic, while the Texan counties that saw the biggest shifts had also gotten a lot of economic influx from the wall projects so at least somewhat were voting with their wallets. Both of which make sense.

Cuban-Americans don't seem to get the same racism from Republicans that a lot of other minorities do, so that probably does something for allowing the Republicans to remain an option for them.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

selec posted:

Planned Parenthood also engages in union busting. It turns out if your politics aren’t class-intersectional they can easily suck the moment you get outside your lane.

Gaaaaah :shepicide:

Do you have an article or something handy? I'd settle for a partially remembered anecdote; I'm just curious.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Main Paineframe posted:

T]

So the analysis is clearly missing something, and it's missing something rather large and important.

I know there have been stories of Republican messaging going heavy in Spanish language and targeted media, pushing conspiracy theories etc. A really heavy post 2020 adoption of conspiracy poo poo in minority circles could explain results like this.

I saw a surprisingly large number of African-American sovcits past few years.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I know there have been stories of Republican messaging going heavy in Spanish language and targeted media, pushing conspiracy theories etc. A really heavy post 2020 adoption of conspiracy poo poo in minority circles could explain results like this.

I saw a surprisingly large number of African-American sovcits past few years.

There's always been a relatively large amount African-American sovcits, probably because something that purports allows them to get the racist cops off their backs has to be really appealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Gaaaaah :shepicide:

Do you have an article or something handy? I'd settle for a partially remembered anecdote; I'm just curious.

https://iowacapitaldispatch.com/2023/03/31/planned-parenthood-affiliate-fires-two-union-leaders-disciplines-entire-bargaining-team/

https://advocate.stpaulunions.org/2023/07/07/seiu-pulls-mn-lawmakers-endorsement-over-union-busting-at-planned-parenthood/