Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I got the Abacus rod and was super pumped for my runemaster, then realized this thing kinda sucks. What's it good for? I wracked my brain and I'm coming up empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I've noticed a lot of builds are using Exsanguinous and Last Steps of the Living, along with the life->ward experimental affix, even if they don't get a benefit from being a low health, just because of the comical amounts of ward they generate. Do you guys think that's gonna get nerfed in the next cycle? Like I can see using that for low life Warlock builds that actually have things that trigger at low health, and also making you immune to bleeds (that you're putting on yourself) seems useful. But when people are using it JUST for the ward, it's probably a little too good.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
yeah for sure

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

E: I assumed that wiz prizons were different colours and therefore had different drops but I guess I'm crazy.

Activate fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 11, 2024

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Erulisse posted:

not everything is on maxroll and there is no singular website
for example, there is lastepochtools https://www.lastepochtools.com/build-guides/filter/mastery=necromancer&cycle=release

I've been trying to farm this hat, and drat it's annoying to get 500 unique hats, but never that one. I'm pushing my corruption up in Black Sun as fast as I can and hitting all the unique nodes, which seem to be pretty drat rare, as well as using unique hat prophecies, so I'm getting a ton of unique hats... almost all duplicates. I've probably sold 10 of those dumb skullcaps and another couple of them now, and the ones I've kept are all at least 2LP.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
One of the big reasons low life stuff is popular is that you can get it running early in the leveling process and it's pretty simple to gear for. It also has specific synergy with some of the new Warlock stuff and people flock to new things. It's balanced out by the extremely low armor on the uniques and slow ward regen rate.

I don't think it's really all that oppressive. Cleaver builds maybe get too much value out of it, but the overpowered part of Cleaver builds is the Cleaver. It's a nice option to have for minion builds that already have limited tools for sustain. You can get competitive amounts of ward in other ways with Vessel of Strife, Twisted Heart, and some mastery-specific things. They already buffed Vessel of Strife with the 1.0 patch by making the Lagon HP regen blessing much stronger, and I'd guess if they felt low life is too ominpresent they would continue to buff other sources of ward in similar ways before outright nerfing it.

In terms of ward vs. health, the eHP you can get from ward atm is pretty high. One of the big things that helps with eHP and avoiding one shots on health builds is endurance. Right now endurance threshold is budgeted poorly and you can't gear for it particularly efficiently. This patch they started adding in '% of max hp as endurance threshold" as a new stat and if they make that more available, or endurance threshold in general more available, they could even out the scales without needing to rely on nerfs.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Deformed Church posted:

I've always wanted an oot[??]St, thanks Ezra!

edit: oh and now im bugged and the next objective marker is in the wrong place

poe had this text bug for years and years and it kept coming back and by the end I was sad to see it go because getting some pc breaking unique always seemed cool

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
They're going to have to do something about the non-choice between 4k hp or 10-15k ward, but a blanket nerf to keep numbers low is the least interesting action possible. Everyone uses the low life setup because it eats big spikes and doesn't rely on enemies living to provide ward. Before they twiddle the numbers around they should probably look at the core game problems with only EHP mattering and sustain sucking.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

For Runes of Ascendance, if I wanted to try for a Wraithlord's Harbour, would I have to use the rune on an Immortal Crown, or just any old helmet? I.e. does base type matter?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Any helmet is fine. Let me tell you about all the primalist relics I got trying to fish up an acolyte weaver's...

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
I got drunk and bought this game tonight. It's fun so far though

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Can uniques forged with ascendance runes have LP?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

at least in the patch before 1.0, yes, but their chances of having LP were considerably reduced compared to a natural drop.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

Only thing I don't like is the one life through dungeons. That's needs reworked. Rest of the game is good

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

yeah, games good, but it needs more endgame content. I think Ii will check back in after a couple of cycles and see hows it going. Very promising so far though.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

zoux posted:

I cannot find my armor shred stat anywhere

If it's the stat that causes the "of Acid" name then it's broken. I believe it only shows for one-handed swords in the bazaar and is missing for every other item type. I don't think the players can do anything about that one.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lpzie posted:

Just a heads up to MG players, prices are going crazy cause the gold duping. Anything max rolled or meta with 2lp+, step on the gas when listing. Full throttle !! I'm seeing the missing life as ward T7 experimental affixes go for 20 mil now, when few days ago it was 5 mil. The market is in utter chaos. The situation? Excellent !

luckily they nerfed the keys to stop this

Activate posted:

Can uniques forged with ascendance runes have LP?

I believe the few I used had 1 LP on them? But don't quote me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Do transferred affixes from LP always go in listed order or is it random?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Do transferred affixes from LP always go in listed order or is it random?

Completely random. You might get that T7 stat you need or you might get the T2 trash stat. The only thing that can't transfer are sealed affixes.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh; lower tiers of Temporal Sanctum can only smash lower-level items together? Hrm that's unfortunate. What Tier do I need to do for a level 74 Unique? :thunk:

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Sab669 posted:

Oh; lower tiers of Temporal Sanctum can only smash lower-level items together? Hrm that's unfortunate. What Tier do I need to do for a level 74 Unique? :thunk:

It goes:

Tier I: Uniques with level requirement up to 50
T2: 65
T3: 75
T4: any

The exalted you use can be of any level at any tier Sanctum AFAIK.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ah yea I see the Tooltip now if I go try to load in to another instance. Woops.

Incidentally I picked up a few Uniques for my build but now my Resistances are all hosed and I doubt I can do a T3 with 40% Void Resistances lol.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should have a shrine you can clear to temporarily unfuck your resistances similar to the one that lets you remove corruption.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

I'm still at ~950k to rank 10, but is there a corruption level where CoF faction accumulation starts letting you buy prophecies regularly? I'm only at 420 (insert joke here) but it feels a lot like I spend ten hours accumulating points, spend them and complete everything in 30 minutes, then it's another long wait.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Favor Gain does feel kinda slow, yea, though my scrub build can't do Empowereds so that's not doing me any favors :(

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Mailer posted:

I'm still at ~950k to rank 10, but is there a corruption level where CoF faction accumulation starts letting you buy prophecies regularly? I'm only at 420 (insert joke here) but it feels a lot like I spend ten hours accumulating points, spend them and complete everything in 30 minutes, then it's another long wait.

if you prioritize tome of experience, you should be pretty close to even where you're at currently. I'm at 600 and I don't run out anymore

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Are you guys getting to 400+ corruption by clearing through a single timeline over and over, getting 15 corruption at a time?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

🥵

Too bad only 1 LP. And +1 Skills :(

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Are you guys getting to 400+ corruption by clearing through a single timeline over and over, getting 15 corruption at a time?

Boss kills don't reset the echo web and add another +10 to the corruption you gain on your next Shade fight, so if you kill the boss multiple times per Shade you'll gain more corruption at a time before having to find a new Shade.

I'm not really pushing corruption yet (still trying to farm that stupid belt off of the Abomination boss) but I've already seen that much.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

Boss kills don't reset the echo web and add another +10 to the corruption you gain on your next Shade fight, so if you kill the boss multiple times per Shade you'll gain more corruption at a time before having to find a new Shade.

I'm not really pushing corruption yet (still trying to farm that stupid belt off of the Abomination boss) but I've already seen that much.

I'm only just starting to push corruption and if you push out diagonally until you hit the farthest edge, you should be able to find some nodes that give "bonus corruption" in addition to the gazes. So for example I found one that had the base corruption +15 bonus corruption +20 for 2 shades for about 45 corruption in one go. I'm hoping that these numbers increase the higher you push corruption because if not I'll burn out long before I get more than maybe 200.

Part of the problem is that my VK just doesn't clear very fast and my defense is linked to offense (ward generated with smite is about 80% of my defense) so I can't just blast straight to the objective without killing stuff. I should switch back to my Warlock instead as I have hit a gearing wall on the VK that is frustrating me. I don't think I've done much at all to improve my gear since level 75'ish and I'm level 93 now and definitely feeling squishy and low DPS in a 164 corruption monolith.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I am hitting a bit of a wall with my current Lich build around 150 corruption. Trying to farm a very rare 2h axe unique for a different build type but its slow going.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

More or less. It accelerates bonus corruption on timelines that have much lower than your max, but you just take off in a straight line from the origin and see what Orobyss nodes come up. Every boss completion along the way is +10 corruption and you'll probably get 1-2 before you find a node. That node will have +4-+10 or so corruption based on your distance from the origin. At best you're probably pushing a total of 30 corruption per kill (at least where I am) far out on the tree.

A big complaint I've seen here, and now understand, is that corruption generates far too slowly.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The first two mono boss kills are +10, then it's like +7 for the third, then +5 maybe for the fourth. I don't go much higher than that. Oh, I'm 5 in this one mono I'm farming, the bonus says +35. When you start, at 100 corruption, by the time you find a good orobyss that gives like +14, +16, +18, you'll have enough stability for 1 boss fight and some change. Just farm up the 2nd one then do orobyss. By around 400 corruption, the same path straight to a very far orobyss will net you enough for 2 boss fights naturally. Sometimes they throw a measly +4 orobyss node at you, ignore it and keep extending outward. And at higher corruption, naturally, you get 3 boss fights before orobyss, and so on.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
is there any warlock itt who took a bleed/torment lock and made it into a singlebutton build via the Chtonic Passage passive?
I like the torment build off letools but that many buttons is tormenting

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lpzie posted:

The first two mono boss kills are +10, then it's like +7 for the third, then +5 maybe for the fourth. I don't go much higher than that. Oh, I'm 5 in this one mono I'm farming, the bonus says +35. When you start, at 100 corruption, by the time you find a good orobyss that gives like +14, +16, +18, you'll have enough stability for 1 boss fight and some change. Just farm up the 2nd one then do orobyss. By around 400 corruption, the same path straight to a very far orobyss will net you enough for 2 boss fights naturally. Sometimes they throw a measly +4 orobyss node at you, ignore it and keep extending outward. And at higher corruption, naturally, you get 3 boss fights before orobyss, and so on.

what corruption are you at

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm getting there by pushing until I am forced to backtrack or complete the monolith, if I have at least 2 boss kills and it's 7 I just clear it out. typically I'm pushing to 12 or 14 though. 2 boss kills add 20 corruption, plus the base, so for me it was roughly ~30 at a time, taking about 30-45 minutes to set up each time.

Sometimes I would break off that path if I come across some of the special monoliths, since my strategy is to vacuum up all the tomes of experience I see, then ideally reroll incomplete monoliths for more, then finally reset them all to run them again. the reason for this is because the tome of experience rewards a fuckton of favor.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

what corruption are you at

I stopped at 1k to farm exile mages but I'm pushing again. 1.1k atm.

the build is naturally insanely tanky so I can run through echos killing nothing very safely. the only threat is the orobyss fight which becomes mechanics heavy for a melee build with delayed damage delivery.

as an aside, plvling is busted cause the arena nodes have 1) unlimited grace period of you don't move and 2) you still get exp while in grace period and 3) your minions can still do damage while you're in grace period and 4) all enemies come to us in the center. then before the echo finishes, we just abandon and go again.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Erulisse posted:

is there any warlock itt who took a bleed/torment lock and made it into a singlebutton build via the Chtonic Passage passive?
I like the torment build off letools but that many buttons is tormenting

I’m phone posting currently but leveling a torment warlock. What’s the cthonic passage passive?

Nevermind, looked it up.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Mar 11, 2024

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Chthonic Passage is basically the best movement skill in the game and I'm going to be sad in season 2 when it gets fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Has EHG stated why masteries are locked in and if that is ever going to change? I don't know why they don't just make it so you have to respec points out of the mastery down to below the threshold and then allow you to change it.