Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

DaysBefore posted:

It sucks lol. And I live in a city with lots of cool colourful wooden buildings so you get these rows of charming blue and red and yellow houses and then bam, the 90s Screensaver Building

there are metal facades that look closer to a wooden facade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

genericnick posted:

This sceams school at me, somehow

thats what i just said

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
its incredible that these monstrosities cost more than anyone in your family will ever make and make millions of dollars sitting there making revenue until they literally collapse. america, what a country!!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Al! posted:

i toured a lot of 1500 a month "one bedrooms" in portland that were these buildings, theyre like the cheapest hotels imaginable and theyre going to look hilarious when they start getting run down, worse than the scariest housing project

the insides of these types of buildings also chase the "exposed brick, exposed ventilation, exposed everything, with plywood and black hairpin legs" interior style that was very popular and is now waning so they all just look unfinished lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ram dass in hell posted:

woke brutalism

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Brutalism rules

https://twitter.com/sovietsoleri/status/1767130948100067441?t=Elij71eZN7pZNz3jOgKK4A&s=19

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

why do they have 2 neutral eggs on the sides on the entrance to the natural?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
drat that sucks DaysBefor3

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the insides of these types of buildings also chase the "exposed brick, exposed ventilation, exposed everything, with plywood and black hairpin legs" interior style that was very popular and is now waning so they all just look unfinished lol

Lol yeah I was looking up some of these new builds and they're all like 1800-2000 a month for exposed concrete floors and hotel room-quality kitchens. And they all suck in other ways like weird tall ceilings or they're very long and narrow. Who tf is looking at these shitholes and going 'yep, me please, thanks, can't wait tontouch computers from this place' lmao

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah there's a couple of places like that here in Buffalo but idk who they are for. for the same cost you could rent an entire house to yourself here, OR you could live in an old warehouse that has been decorated to look like a Chipotle and has an iPad mounted to the wall in case you want to... use apps while standing in one specific place in your home.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Megamissen posted:

why do they have 2 neutral eggs on the sides on the entrance to the natural?

usually those are to prevent you from fully walling off the ramp - the eggs have high armor but low hp so once you have some real units you can kill them easily but you can't just block a rush by walling off the ramp until then

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
how else would i use apps dip poo poo

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
pardôn

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

eggs have high armor but low hp irl too

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

how else would i use apps dip poo poo

you could use your phone from the rooftop bar that overlooks a highway, railroad tracks, and a river that stinks to high heaven when the wind blows the right way

all of this could be yours... come and see https://www.crescendobuffalo.com/

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

you could use your phone from the rooftop bar that overlooks a highway, railroad tracks, and a river that stinks to high heaven when the wind blows the right way

my browser is not supported. buffalo has found me inadequate

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

god, 1500 a month to live in a tiny one bedroom in buffalo of all places

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Al! posted:

eggs have high armor but low hp irl too

conjecture

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
egg casts HARD BOIL

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

(strained smile) im so glad i going to die with... you guys

lol

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i plan to live to my old age and beyond. soryr if that triggers ya'll.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

i’m glad

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

bouncing the grandkids on your knees and telling them tales full of wisdom and mirth ftw

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lpzie posted:

what's the conversion rate of people years to chud years

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lpzie posted:

No where on earth less funny than clown hospice

selec
Sep 6, 2003

been thinking a lot about how a king is just the designated wussy for an entire people. he gets to complain about stuff that nobody else would ever even think to complain about. oh my saddle is too hard. that guy made eye contact with me. my mistress won’t leave her husband.

it’s like you create this entire hyper masculine militarized state so you can have one guy you pamper and treat like a little baby. priests fit in here somewhere too.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler has issued a correction as of 06:25 on Mar 22, 2024

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/DachshundColin/status/1766900245772845476

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

pandy fackler posted:

while my coworker was talking about kate middleton in a work zoom i typed into the chat that we fought a whole war to not care about the royal family and got two clapping emojis

keep fighting the good fight

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been watching WinterStarcraft over the past season. SC2 is and probably will be the electronic sport I will watch until the heat death of the universe.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I listened to the Kate Middleton / P Diddy primer of Truanon and it is a fun story. Just let joy into your heart and mystery fill the air.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

KirbyKhan posted:

I've been watching WinterStarcraft over the past season. SC2 is and probably will be the electronic sport I will watch until the heat death of the universe.

the brood war remaster matches that were posted earlier seem more fun to watch than i remember SC2 being

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Another royal dead?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Mr Hootington posted:

Another royal dead?

but enough about the kennedys

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

apparently Kate Middleton dropped off the radar completely, and on UK Mother's Day (yesterday) posted a picture of herself with her kids which people decided was photoshopped (I think she wasn't wearing her wedding ring in it?)

all secondhand info via my wife but last time a royal disappeared this completely it was queen Elizabeth and she was dying sooooo

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
brood war is way more fun to watch than sc2 and it's not even close

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

apparently Kate Middleton dropped off the radar completely, and on UK Mother's Day (yesterday) posted a picture of herself with her kids which people decided was photoshopped (I think she wasn't wearing her wedding ring in it?)

all secondhand info via my wife but last time a royal disappeared this completely it was queen Elizabeth and she was dying sooooo

I'm convinced that her cousin king guy... The one who went to the same hospital at the same time and got all the photos of him being fine, yeah that guy, I think he took her organs.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

my theory is that the russians have released a nanovirus that consumes the organs of anyone german and inbred enough and the target population has been reached

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Something in the air again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
maybe she has seasonal affective disorder