Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Signing Josh Jacobs is an incredibly "we're so good and really close!!!!" move and, well, yes I like our QB, WRs, and TEs but I do not trust this defense quite yet to put that much into a chip like a second running back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

doctorthefonz posted:

He will be on the Packers next year I reckon

feeling p chuffed right now re: Josh Jacobs, hope we're still keeping Jones though this makes it feel less likely

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

C-Euro posted:

As an ostensible Michigan fan he screams Zach Wilson to me. Maybe slightly better than that but those Michigan teams were stacked.

Could be a Jared Goff situation where he helps a good team hum along but struggles if the entire game is placed on his shoulders. Worked OK for us the past season and a half.

He's not Zach Wilson, JJ is able to play in structure far better. He didn't scramble out of clean pockets and made the plays he needed to make.

Far Far better personality, and team guy. like you said he's closer to I think his ceiling being Goff with some more mobility.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1767261025324134892?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Holy poo poo lol

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy fuuuuuck

Lmao this man has never not been getting paid.

Hall of Fame at the Bank.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Signing Josh Jacobs is an incredibly "we're so good and really close!!!!" move and, well, yes I like our QB, WRs, and TEs but I do not trust this defense quite yet to put that much into a chip like a second running back?

I think it’s a succession plan for after Aaron Jones, but having both Jones and Jacobs for a while is going to be amazing.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:tviv::laffo:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Put Kirk in the Hall of Fame just for getting paid!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I think it depends on what the contract ends up being.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Kirk almost tipping $300m in career guarantees. My hero

edit: oh wait I left out his 2023 earnings lol, he's well clear of $300m now

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 11, 2024

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I think it’s a succession plan for after Aaron Jones, but having both Jones and Jacobs for a while is going to be amazing.

As Dexo pointed out, it's an excellent combo for now especially given the MLF offense and our WR/TE room.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Coming off a bad injury to Kirk has a great agent

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Kirk almost tipping $300m in career guarantees. My hero

One of the greatest to ever do it man.

Getting every penny out of this NFL poo poo.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

First move to happen that mirrors the Madden franchise I'm doing where I play every game and let the computers sort out the rest (Kirk Cousins took the vet minimum to back up Dak Prescott in this universe and the Vikings used that space to sign both Tee Higgins and Mike Williams).

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Coming off a bad injury to Kirk has a great agent

Great agent and just great timing when he hits the market.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Man, being a mediocre white guy must be so great.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

But enough about Jared Goff's inc extension

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Bye Jon, enjoy New York

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767261363796103417

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1767262340779516091?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Apparently Kirk is now the second highest paid NFL player ever (behind A. Rodgers). Glad Kwesi didn't blink.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MJeff posted:

Man, being a mediocre white guy must be so great.

I do pretty okay. :btroll:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://x.com/billbarnwell/status/1767263278340669642

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hard not to believe in a God who personally loves and favors you when this kind of payday keeps happening.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

C-Euro posted:

Hard not to believe in a God who personally loves and favors you when this kind of payday keeps happening.

:lol::yeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SirPablo posted:

Apparently Kirk is now the second highest paid NFL player ever (behind A. Rodgers). Glad Kwesi didn't blink.

'sup fellow PD listener :hf:

Vikings taking that Kirk money and immediately spending it on defense is wonderful

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin
I don't blame the guy for maximizing his take over the course of his career but the poo poo about "what the money said" combined with the obvious tampering and fat payday kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Kirk Cousins is going to be viewed by history as a Sam Bradford-level example of what not to do with QB money

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

pocket pool posted:

I don't blame the guy for maximizing his take over the course of his career but the poo poo about "what the money said" combined with the obvious tampering and fat payday kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Everyone tampers lol

https://twitter.com/KryzivenTake2/status/1767265313765183635

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

gently caress me I’m glad the Vikings didn’t meet or beat that price

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dexo posted:

Holy fuuuuuck

Lmao this man has never not been getting paid.

Hall of Fame at the Bank.

Sam Bradford and Kirk Cousins are on the Mt Rushmore for getting theirs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1767267235368780241?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1767267266133938247

edit: too slow

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767267266133938247?s=20

gently caress gently caress gently caress NOOOOO FYUCK

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Thank God Kirk is gone. Nice guy, but I won’t miss him for the price and his unmatched playoff checkdown ability.

When one playoff game the next six years and the Vikings match the success of his time in Minnesota.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

So how does Kirk Cousins on the Falcons end? Season-ending injury or devastating playoff loss?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Yooo

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1767267235368780241

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Dexo posted:

Everyone tampers lol

Oh yeah, totally. I guess I'm more annoyed about him cultivating his image as a Godly man unconcerned with money - just say "I'M GETTIN PAID BITCH".

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

FIRE GUTEY!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Suppose he butcher the contract situation with Aaron Jones, I'mma cry grown man tears. He is the lifeblood and heartbeat of this team. Love is still getting there, but Jones is the GUY. Dillon, I am okay with moving on. He only recently started to run like he meant business.

Malaria posted:

Jones is 100% worth whatever we are paying him.
Between his actual performance and his leadership on the team whatever they are paying him is cheap compared to what they get out of him.

He might restructure to help the cap but if he doesn't it's fine.

Hot Diggity! posted:

If we gently caress up an Aaron Jones restructure then I'll be mad, but I'mma doubt that's gonna happen

bears should sign aaron jones