Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
you just lift the rocks up and throw them away or if they're big break them apart with a hammer. farming isn't hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I prefer to plow and till my coalfields first, to make sure it’ll be a good coal farming season.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

OceanCyclone posted:

I once thought Shaun King was the divine prophet of Negrodom, but now I realize I was lost. Praise you, Brother Hoot for showing me the light. The Talcum X we were promised. Asé!

Triggering a woke segregationist was not on my bingo card for the day. 🤣

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
farmers are food and mineral landlords

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

OceanCyclone posted:

I once thought Shaun King was the divine prophet of Negrodom, but now I realize I was lost. Praise you, Brother Hoot for showing me the light. The Talcum X we were promised. Asé!

this is a really good bit keep going

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

the aclu is trying to gut the NLRB via DEI..........

https://twitter.com/MattBruenig/status/1767173635419394106

This really gets my hackles up. Trying to use t hard won victoriws of the Civil Rights campaign to destroy workers rights. It's perverse.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Shageletic posted:

This really gets my hackles up. Trying to use t hard won victoriws of the Civil Rights campaign to destroy workers rights. It's perverse.

Well, “Right to work” is just another branch off of “Civil Liberties”, when you think about it! :colbert:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Don't worry. After they destroy worker's rights with civil rights they will destroy civil rights.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Canned Sunshine posted:

Well, “Right to work” is just another branch off of “Civil Liberties”, when you think about it! :colbert:

What is not a civil liberty however, is the right to strike, a form of protest.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i want a Right To Vacation!!!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i want a Right To Vacation!!!

Unironically yes

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

you have the right to post and thats it

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Source4Leko posted:

Amazing that a 90 year old company forgot how to do their core competency. Oh wait, no its not lmao.

im actually more amazed that boeing isnt being more assertive about blaming and silencing pilots, like requiring them to sign NDAs and non disparagement agreements before allowing anybody to receive Certified Boeing Training.

and of course now that i think about it, these are foreigners, so they wouldn't give a poo poo about US civil law. but americans are insanely cucked and would 100% sign

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

China is starting to cancel usa commodity orders.

House will vote Webanner. On a bill to give bytedance 6onths or tiktok is banned.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

you have the right to post and thats it

It's a privilege, not a right

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/tracyalloway/status/1767225800422518836?t=SwmCA9GAXwA6sYKy2myDQA&s=19

Hrmmmm I wonder what could be the reason.

Oh I know

Or it could be other things idk

but those things are NOT the economy, which is GREAT. its NOT money and "have a great weekend!" democrats selling out labor and closing shop....its the fading memories of getting beaten by police in the 60s, something that does not occur anymore

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Nonsense posted:

Haiti is going to be introduced to Number by the marine corps very soon.

barbecue & associates versus the usmc is gonna be a real bloody loving mess

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

https://twitter.com/tracyalloway/status/1767225800422518836?t=SwmCA9GAXwA6sYKy2myDQA&s=19

Oh I know

wonder if there's a reason china would change how they do things in the beginning of 2020 :thunk:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

May get a surprise to upside inflation report this week. I'm starting to get curious. Seeing lots of very cautious posts about cpi.

OceanCyclone
May 29, 2022

Mayor of Yambag City

Mr Hootington posted:

Triggering a woke segregationist was not on my bingo card for the day. 🤣

Is it not the antithesis of segregation for my people to trust your divine knowledge to lead our voting hands? Words mean things, my brother. May the ancestors bless you and may you lead us to the promised land, our esteemed Martin Luther Cream!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

OceanCyclone posted:

Is it not the antithesis of segregation for my people to trust your divine knowledge to lead our voting hands? Words mean things, my brother. May the ancestors bless you and may you lead us to the promised land, our esteemed Martin Luther Cream!

I had to go look and you are just some freak trump thread poster. I think we are done here.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

OceanCyclone posted:

one more post! one more post!

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

May get a surprise to upside inflation report this week. I'm starting to get curious. Seeing lots of very cautious posts about cpi.

Jay's job is done

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

OceanCyclone posted:

Wiping a tear from my eyes, brother Malcolm smiling down on me as I crank the lever for Joe Biden and The Democrats once again

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Oh I know

MLK posted:

The NationDr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Chicago in 1966.(Charles Knoblock / AP Photo)
This article was written by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for The Nation in 1966. It is part of The Nation’s 150th Anniversary Special Issue. Download a free PDF of the issue, with articles by James Baldwin, Barbara Ehrenreich, Toni Morrison, Howard Zinn, and many more, here.

These are partial elements of the Negro’s program for freedom. Beyond these is one of singular importance which will be featured in the North—economic security. This is usually referred to as the need for jobs. The distinction made here between economic security and jobs is not semantic. A job in our industrial society is not necessarily equivalent to security. It is too often undercut by layoffs. No element of the working people suffers so acutely from layoffs as Negroes, traditionally the first fired and the last hired. They lack the seniority other workers accumulate because discrimination thwarts long-term employment. Negroes need the kind of employment that lasts the year through. They need the opportunity to advance on the job; they need the type of employment that feeds, clothes, educates and stabilizes a family. Statistics that picture declining rates of unemployment veil the reality that Negro jobs are still substandard and evanescent. The instability of employment reflects itself in the fragile character of Negro ambitions and economic foundations.

Whether the solution be in a guaranteed annual wage, negative Income tax or any other economic device, the direction of Negro demands has to be toward substantive security. This alone will revolutionize Negro life, including family relations and that part of the Negro psyche that has lately become conspicuous-the Negro male ego.

Our nation is now so rich, so productive, that the continuation of persistent poverty is incendiary because the poor cannot rationalize their deprivation. We have yet to confront and solve the international problems created by our wealth In a world still largely hungry and miserable. But more immediate and pressing 1s the domestic existence of poverty. It is an anachronism in the second half of the 20th century, Only the neglect to plan intelligently and adequately and the unwillingness genuinely to embrace economic justice enable it to persist.

Social conflict is not the product of skilled agitation. The apathy from which Negroes suffered for so long was derived from their powerlessness and their acceptance of the myth that abundance was not available. They are now accumulating power; they are taught by every media of communication that we are so opulent we can enjoy both butter and guns. That is why they confront the white power structure with their program and challenge it to produce one of its own. The creative combining of both programs would unite social and economic justice into a single package of freedom.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
non-white voters are choosing to move to Trump because they associate him with being an Outlaw and a Baller, and that's the only reason

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you just lift the rocks up and throw them away or if they're big break them apart with a hammer. farming isn't hard.

If you've ever been in rural New England, upstate NY or Ontario, you cannot take a walk in the woods without coming across the stone walls that used to be field boundaries.

It's all good land, it's just not as good, or more accurately, as cheap as farming in the prairies and then putting grain on a train. I've heard much of Germany and France are now the same way.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Chinese power index

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

If you've ever been in rural New England, upstate NY or Ontario, you cannot take a walk in the woods without coming across the stone walls that used to be field boundaries.

It's all good land, it's just not as good, or more accurately, as cheap as farming in the prairies and then putting grain on a train. I've heard much of Germany and France are now the same way.

it's not very good land for converting fossil fuels into animal feed calories

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Mr Hootington posted:

Jay finally got approval to tie the CPI exclusively to Quibbi subscription prices, the economy is fixed forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I think the fed should cut rates before inflation gets out of hand.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

wonder if there's a reason china would change how they do things in the beginning of 2020 :thunk:

seems to drop the most in 2015 or so for some reason

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

WrasslorMonkey posted:

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1765018177459655071

He did it. He actually did it. He saved America.

what the gently caress is a credit card late fee, isn't that just interest???

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Cerepol posted:

no it's on top of interest, like if you miss the minimum payment date or amount, you get the late fee + the finance charge (interest)

because THAT'S FREEDOM BAYBEEE

also iirc the late fee can accrue interest lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cerepol posted:

another poster already answered but the rule doesnt do anything it lets banks continue charging whatever if they present any excuse basically

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

actionjackson posted:

seems to drop the most in 2015 or so for some reason

One of my favorite genres of article in the post 2016 era is "China hasn't posted (economic indicator) in six years! Here's why that means their economy is in freefall!" And then the number turns out to be something the United States has never tracked before ever

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

Cerepol posted:

it’s a fee stacked on top of your late payment just because, separate from interest

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

another poster already answered but the rule doesnt do anything it lets banks continue charging whatever if they present any excuse basically

Late fee: $8.00
Not A Late Fee Lol fee: $57.00

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
it basically requires the credit card issuer to attach a chatgpt explainer to your statement as to why you're being charged over $8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah and I think he is wrong.

It is simple what have you don't for me lately? Dems have been loving people or tsk-tsking them.

Republicans are tell people to do what they want and cut checks recently.

Simple.

gonna lol forever that trump/republicans get all the credit and goodwill for berniebux, when they only got onboard after hearing how popular the idea was with the public