Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

So hey.

Bryan Danielson is never gonna win the AEW World Championship, right?

And that's pretty hosed up, right?

If Bryan Danielson has his way, he will never win a belt in AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

If Bryan Danielson has his way, he will never win a belt in AEW.

And like, I get it, but god dammit, TK, force the fucker to win one! I wanna spend money on your show with Bryan Danielson as world champion!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

And like, I get it, but god dammit, TK, force the fucker to win one! I wanna spend money on your show with Bryan Danielson as world champion!

A reverse Montreal screwjob to get the belt on Bryan Danielson.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

lol

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Dude begged every doctor in the nation to prove his brain is normal. The guy is never gonna truly retire, so what's the rush

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I agree. Danielson should lose his hair and the AEW title to Blue Panther.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Pylons posted:

every week danielson gets beaten into unconsciousness and then his body draped over another champion for a three count. he wins the main aew belt, the tnt title, the triple crown title, the roh world title, the iwgp intercontinental title, the njpw strong tag belts, the wcw tv title, the nwa brass knuckles title, and the waffle house championship title. couple of months in danielson is in tears, bringing his wheelbarrow full of championship belts to the ring for a promo. saying he can't travel without packing six bags for his belts and paying thousands in airline fees and he's forgotten life before high school. in response tony books him in a handicap match against the roh trios champs and calls aaa if any have any spare belts in their closets they aren't doing anything with

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

Lol

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Bryan shoulda beat Eddie at Revolution imo. Okada coming in to feud w/ Bryan and eventually win the triple crown woulda been money

The current program is great too but idk Bryan deserves some kind of title in AEW

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

buncha belt marks in here smdh what has this business come too

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i loved the hell out of bryan, was my favorite guy, but yeah there was a time and a place to be humble and a time and a place to step up, and he did not step up. fifty years from now when we are discussing the all time greats in this thread people will not even remember him

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bryan and Mark Briscoe both have WBD-mandated no-title clauses in their contract , as per Dave.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

i loved the hell out of bryan, was my favorite guy, but yeah there was a time and a place to be humble and a time and a place to step up, and he did not step up. fifty years from now when we are discussing the all time greats in this thread people will not even remember him

He went to a farm and we never saw him again.

The farmer put him there

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Bryan Danielson to TK backstage: "Am I loving going under?"

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Not sure why Mercedes would even want to go back to WWE right now seeing how quickly Trinity became just another girl and how since gaining creative control Triple H has depushed almost every black wrestler on the main roster

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

lol :pray:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Should've beaten MJF for the title and spared us the lovely, endless title reign.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Should've beaten MJF for the title and spared us the lovely, endless title reign.

yeah... actually... yeah..!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

mooseinfants posted:

Not sure why Mercedes would even want to go back to WWE right now seeing how quickly Trinity became just another girl and how since gaining creative control Triple H has depushed almost every black wrestler on the main roster

Mercedes saying she's eventually going back to the WWE honestly makes me not give a poo poo about her coming in to AEW anymore.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Trinity came back at literally the worst time. Its not her time right now.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
When's her time?

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
She is Schrödinger’s Boss, simultaneously the most exciting thing that ever happened to AEW’s women’s division and also always going back to the Fed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Long-Time Lurker posted:

When's her time?

When there isn't a racist in charge of WWE, sooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I dunno. 2055?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'm not gonna begrudge a worker for working. If Mercedes shows up and shows out, it's no skin off my nose. I just want to see a cool wrestler doing cool things. :shrug:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

mooseinfants posted:

Bryan Danielson to TK backstage: "Am I loving going under?"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Long-Time Lurker posted:

When's her time?

It's passed but to be nice whenever Rhea isn't having her moment and Bayley isn't finishing a story

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm not gonna begrudge a worker for working. If Mercedes shows up and shows out, it's no skin off my nose. I just want to see a cool wrestler doing cool things. :shrug:

Apparently that's not good enough, she must actually.pledge an oath of fealty to AEW.

Like seriously, people have the right to jump around and try out different things. Mercedes saying she envisions winding up back in WWE at some point is not the same as her saying "lol I'm gonna join AEW and half rear end things for a year and then go back home to Vince's monster fed."

Maybe she wants to branch out and see what she can do in AEW for a while, and that will only be great for AEW.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's because she doesn't want WWE fans sending her death threats which they will do if you say you don't need WWE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's because she doesn't want WWE fans sending her death threats which they will do if you say you don't need WWE

This is what I assumed.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Simple as.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fawning deference posted:

Mercedes saying she envisions winding up back in WWE at some point is not the same as her saying "lol I'm gonna join AEW and half rear end things for a year and then go back home to Vince's monster fed."

this is actually the very next thing she said in that clip unfortunately 😔

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i was very disappointed she didn’t pledge a blood oath

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fawning deference posted:

Apparently that's not good enough, she must actually.pledge an oath of fealty to AEW.

Like seriously, people have the right to jump around and try out different things. Mercedes saying she envisions winding up back in WWE at some point is not the same as her saying "lol I'm gonna join AEW and half rear end things for a year and then go back home to Vince's monster fed."

Maybe she wants to branch out and see what she can do in AEW for a while, and that will only be great for AEW.

source?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

word for word it was wild.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

The card is freaking stacked and it's probably fine keeping Okada simmering on the backburner and still have him wrestle, but the Bucks angle right now is self-indulgent and not in an entertaining way. I'd be way more patient with this kind of thing if MJF hadn't spent an entire year clearly suffering from a lack of a firm hand making sure his stuff was hitting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it's fuinny

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

it's hitting

Kurash
May 12, 2008

They have Okada lookin like a freakin nerd

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He's always looked like that, it's the hair and his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurash
May 12, 2008

No aura