Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This is Kenny Pickett erasure!

Pickett sucks! He also turns the ball over way less and takes half as many sacks as Zach! Zach Wilson is the definition of terrible!

Mac Jones is a much, much better QB then Zach Wilson and he sucks poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Barring the four whole snaps Rodgers played, who's been the best Jets QB of the past ten or so years? Geno? Fitzpatrick? ...Sanchez?

Clearly 2015 Fitzy

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Barring the four whole snaps Rodgers played, who's been the best Jets QB of the past ten or so years? Geno? Fitzpatrick? ...Sanchez?
Fitzmagic for sure.

Kalli posted:

Pickett sucks! He also turns the ball over way less and takes half as many sacks as Zach! Zach Wilson is the definition of terrible!

loving lmao I love you Kalli

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Zach Wilson is the best-case scenario of what would have happened if the Jets had actually played Christian Hackenberg.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Darnold gonna get spooked by the ghosts that inhabit the Denver airport before even taking a snap.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

my theory is they use Zach/Darnold as a bridge and draft someone in the 1st, either by trading a fortune or seeing who falls. it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jivesauce posted:

Now maybe it makes me immature to be disappointed in that, but it does seem worthy of comment.

It certainly didn't sound like a "comment," it sounded like a poster lost their fuckin mind when someone didn't follow suite

it's a dumb story, minor celebrity introduced to minor celebrity via minor celebrity. Pretty good odds there's some lovely people in that room, whatever, it's the fuckin NFL.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Jivesauce posted:

It's the offseason and two well known football players took a picture with the man who, per the top headline on CNN right this second, said, "Hitler did some good things."

Now maybe it makes me immature to be disappointed in that, but it does seem worthy of comment.

These dumb arguments circle the same path every time something like this happens and all it does it make people annoyed at the discussion and/or start arguing. There is plenty of actual football news going on right now to argue about and laugh at

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Me, who has never interacted with a football player in his life: I can’t believe Joe Burrow likes Trump…what the gently caress…

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Fitzmagic for sure.

loving lmao I love you Kalli

Everyone should watch the 5 Zac vs Mac games. They're... immense suffering.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Thinking about how Wilson absolutely shredded the Texans D

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I only want players who'll vote for Vermin Supreme

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kalli posted:

How did the NFL allow five of these to happen?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Intruder posted:

Thinking about how Wilson absolutely shredded the Texans D

Look at the last Mac Jones vs Buffalo game

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

a_clockwork_orange.png

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

they really shouldn't.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Going to form the absolute worst foootball team of all time by exclusively signing people who were Bernie supporters in 2020

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

Going to form the absolute worst foootball team of all time by exclusively signing people who were Bernie supporters in 2020

Pretty sure there will be exactly one guy on your team, and me rooting for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Jackson_(American_football)

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Sage Rosenfels heroically coming out of retirement to get sacked 60 times a game

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Nodoze posted:

These dumb arguments circle the same path every time something like this happens and all it does it make people annoyed at the discussion and/or start arguing. There is plenty of actual football news going on right now to argue about and laugh at

And it doesn't look like that discussion has stopped anyone from talking about that other football news, has it?

I'll drop it, that was the only comment I had made in that discussion anyway, mostly because I don't expect to change anyone's minds here, but it seems to me that you're prone to making some questionable demands for discussion to stop just because it's something that you in particular don't find interesting.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

Sage Rosenfels heroically coming out of retirement to get sacked 60 times a game

Yeah but think how good you'll feel about yourself while rooting for him!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Jivesauce posted:

And it doesn't look like that discussion has stopped anyone from talking about that other football news, has it?

I'll drop it, that was the only comment I had made in that discussion anyway, mostly because I don't expect to change anyone's minds here, but it seems to me that you're prone to making some questionable demands for discussion to stop just because it's something that you in particular don't find interesting.

People complained about it, outside of the thread/discussion, that is why I asked

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Nodoze posted:

People complained about it, outside of the thread/discussion, that is why I asked

Well I hope you're prepared to shut down discussion when I complain about people making fun of my precious Colts' egregious and repeated mistakes then! I don't like when they do that at all!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nodoze please punish them appropriately by making them a Jags fan now tia

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mega64 posted:

that's cruel and unusual punishment

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Android Apocalypse posted:

Darnold gonna get spooked by the ghosts that inhabit the Denver airport before even taking a snap.

They’re aliens or lizard people dang it! Learn the lore :mad:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

that's cruel and unusual punishment

Could be worse, could force them to be Carolina fans :v:

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Mega64 posted:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean it!!!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Denver’s a great spot for Wilson. Loser for losers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Mega64 posted:

A fate worse than death

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Please save us

https://x.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1767293045504983246?s=20

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
More smoke on that:

https://twitter.com/sheena_marie3/status/1767298213126754776

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Ready to be reeeeeal disappointed with the return.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

E: f,b

Pershing fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 11, 2024

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

imo letting McKinney and Saquon go and then adding pieces like Runyan and Singletary are moves the Giants should have done last year if they didn’t get told they needed to chase the playoffs.

If we add Burns for the Seattle second and a Day 3 pick then that’s just gravy

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I'm going to be honest, I don't regularly watch the Panthers but I've seen you post a couple times about him, and I can't tell whether you want him gone or not :v:

What exactly are the Giants getting here?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

imo letting McKinney and Saquon go and then adding pieces like Runyan and Singletary are moves the Giants should have done last year if they didn’t get told they needed to chase the playoffs.

If we add Burns for the Seattle second and a Day 3 pick then that’s just gravy

They should have traded Saquon mid-season last year for anything they could have possibly gotten but yeah otherwise I agree.

The Giants have been soft as butter on both lines for a decade and I'd much rather they overpay there than luxury positions like RB and S

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Runyan is uhhhh not very good

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

So the Panthers passed on two 1sts for Burns last year but will take two 2nds now? They also won't pay Burns but signed a guard for an obscene amount of money. What a weird franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Niwrad posted:

So the Panthers passed on two 1sts for Burns last year but will take two 2nds now? They also won't pay Burns but signed a guard for an obscene amount of money. What a joke of a franchise.