Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

S-tier at running, completely agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I can't imagine meeting Tom Cruise. I would be so starstruck, it would be like how mortals act in warhammer 40k when they encounter a primarch.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ornery and Hornery posted:

S-tier at running, completely agree

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/the-more-tom-cruise-runs-the-better-his-movies-are/

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Also, dying. Dying in his movies makes them better. Running AND dying? You have hit!

I really really love Edge of Tomorrow

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Pron on VHS posted:

Denzel as well. Denzel and Tom Cruise are my north stars. I am guided by their films, throughout my life.

Did you see the Macbeth adaptation that one of the Coen brothers directed starring Denzel? I really want to but it's only on Apple TV+ or whatever, seemingly the only streaming service my wife isn't subbed to.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

there are a huge number of people, still, who will go see literally anything arnold swarzenegger is in, so I'd add him to that list, even though he has even less range than tom cruise

cruelly, women don't get the same treatment as they get older. Even insane acting elementals like meryl streep, "tom cruise vehicle" as a descriptor for whatever he's in next sounds right whereas "meryl streep vehicle" doesn't, to me anyway

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
No I haven't heard of it but it looks great and I have added it to my list.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Leperflesh posted:

there are a huge number of people, still, who will go see literally anything arnold swarzenegger is in, so I'd add him to that list, even though he has even less range than tom cruise

cruelly, women don't get the same treatment as they get older. Even insane acting elementals like meryl streep, "tom cruise vehicle" as a descriptor for whatever he's in next sounds right whereas "meryl streep vehicle" doesn't, to me anyway

Commando is one of my favorite movies, and I can never tell how much is from it being good or bad.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Also, dying. Dying in his movies makes them better. Running AND dying? You have hit!

I really really love Edge of Tomorrow
:hmmyes:

People who like Tom Cruise get a good movie, people who hate him get to watch him die over and over. Win/win.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It’s always felt a little bit weird that people hate Tom Cruise for being part of a cult because… it’s a cult. It’s like getting mad at the people in Heaven’s Gate or at Jonestown

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I don't hate Tom Cruise. I used to but I was younger and dumber then. I still love his death montage though, it's so good.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Freaquency posted:

It’s always felt a little bit weird that people hate Tom Cruise for being part of a cult because… it’s a cult. It’s like getting mad at the people in Heaven’s Gate or at Jonestown

There's a lot of scientologists in Hollywood (Nancy Cartwright is probably the one that breaks my heart the most), but none are more prominent as him at promoting it. Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch was one of the first real viral memes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ok, all-around is too much. He does action and drama really well, he doesn't do musicals, and doesn't really do comedies. He kills the hell out of anything he does do though.

The exec at Warner Bros that was doing the campaign for Rock of Ages was right by my desk. He went through all these vocals-only tracks of Tom Cruise absolutely WILLING himself to be a good singer and stay on key and it was sooo loving painful.

I don't care how many auditing sessions you're going to, you will never be able to sing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Reminded of the herculean editing job done in Little Shop of Horrors to get Rick Moranis through a musical.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'll be honest, I haven't really looked at Deadspin since the last time everyone got fired but this sucks, and is probably because they managed to unionize their writer's room a while back.

https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1767241640014401553?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

kiimo posted:

The exec at Warner Bros that was doing the campaign for Rock of Ages was right by my desk. He went through all these vocals-only tracks of Tom Cruise absolutely WILLING himself to be a good singer and stay on key and it was sooo loving painful.

I don't care how many auditing sessions you're going to, you will never be able to sing.

Johnny Depp can't sing at all and he talk-sang through Sweeney Todd.

Russell Crowe....yeah, well, kudos to him for picking a challenging role.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
People mentioned Tropic Thunder, but they didn't post video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWNqkQfjTE&t=15s

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kiimo posted:

Those are probably worth some money to TMZ.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Seems like my bosses at work are making a bunch of big personnel moves within the team I oversee without seeing fit to let me know or ask for my input. Just lol if they're about to shuffle me out of my position based on the scathing self-review I turned in last month.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also Tom Cruise just has a single front tooth.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

General Dog posted:

Seems like my bosses at work are making a bunch of big personnel moves within the team I oversee without seeing fit to let me know or ask for my input. Just lol if they're about to shuffle me out of my position based on the scathing self-review I turned in last month.

No Way To Prevent This,

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Probably do not give yourself a scathing self review.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Pain of Mind posted:

Probably do not give yourself a scathing self review.

Eh, I stated the facts. If they agree with me that I'm not fit for the role, then I'm not fit for the role. I've been with the company for 13 years and I overall feel good about my time there and my work regardless of how it ends.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also Tom Cruise just has a single front tooth.

Well something had to make up for the space left behind from his frightening early teeth

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I like that Ethan Hawke never got his teeth fixed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Combining two recent subjects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrCwh-WmAXY

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Air Skwirl posted:

I'll be honest, I haven't really looked at Deadspin since the last time everyone got fired but this sucks, and is probably because they managed to unionize their writer's room a while back.

https://x.com/justinbaragona/status/1767241640014401553?s=20

Vichy Deadspin was a shell of its former self and I’m honestly surprised that it stuck around this long.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So basically between General Dog and that other dude who was fraudulently using his own address to boost up his required sales numbers, Chat Thread is scaring me a bit with business acumen

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

People mentioned Tropic Thunder, but they didn't post video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLWNqkQfjTE&t=15s

"Find out who that was" kills me every time.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
In Tom Cruise chat my die hard favorite movie of his will always be Interview with the Vampire. His Lestat is balls to the walls insanity and it's great. I'm glad the TV series also leaned in to it since Sam Reid is also an excellent Lestat while I think Jacob Anderson is the best Louis (Brad Pitt is fine).

This really just is me getting hype for season 2 of the TV show though.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LeeMajors posted:

I had the biggest crush on her when I was little because my parents apparently thought Howard the Duck was a kids movie.
She was also awesome in BTTF and Caroline in the City.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CannonFodder posted:

She was also awesome in BTTF and Caroline in the City.

And Red Dawn! :black101:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Amy Pole Her posted:

So basically between General Dog and that other dude who was fraudulently using his own address to boost up his required sales numbers, Chat Thread is scaring me a bit with business acumen

General dog is a bog standard west texas republican and the latter was el penis why are you surprised?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

el penis is like, a natural 1 for judgement and intellect. so unsurprising. general dog is committed to his bit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
We should have told him to get out of that job immediately when we found out it was a sales job that involved getting your own leads.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Gasp. Gasp. Gasp.

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1767301740263784456?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Kalli posted:

Reminded of the herculean editing job done in Little Shop of Horrors to get Rick Moranis through a musical.

Rick Moranis had to lip synch at half speed to make Audrey II's movements look right when sped up. Please, no disparagement of the greatest Canadian in history.

And a ton of actors/actresses can't sing. Emma Stone was pretty bad in La La Land but it didn't really matter. I'm not going to see a movie expecting musical or opera level singing. It's a nice surprise when they can crush it though.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 11, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Another goon skiing survivor checking in. Ate poo poo on my last run of the day but not too bad. Hit 27mph so that was probably my issue lol

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I just got my bonus today. I’m doing pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I need to get new basketball shoes but for actually playing basketball and everything I can find locally is expensive and name branded. Like, no I don't want the the Ja Morant's. Ironically the ones that are actually a decent price and look the best are the Air Jordans, but I am not showing up day 1 to a rec league in brand new Jordans. Might as well wear a shooting sleeve...