Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Thanks for the heads up about the Target sale. Finally picked up Classified Vypra and Ripper, and Animal Man.

I just bought that Red Tornado figure the other day, so I'm going to see if they'll refund me $8.

If worst comes to worst, buy the discounted one and then return it with the receipt from the first one you bought at full price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If worst comes to worst, buy the discounted one and then return it with the receipt from the first one you bought at full price.

If you bought it within 30 days you can also call customer service and they’ll usually refund you the difference

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

How have people found the paint app on the face/helmet of the Python Patrol Copperhead?

I snagged one for pickup and it was the first time with classified series that the quality was unacceptable.

Did I just get really unlucky or have other people reported issues?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I bought a few things on the sale for precisely this purpose.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I ordered the Neca Puppet Master 2 packs and immediately returned them. No way these things are worth $45. I rather spend the money on a real replica.

Long shot but anyone have any 1:1 replicas they wanna get rid of?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

IG-88 posted:

I ordered the Neca Puppet Master 2 packs and immediately returned them. No way these things are worth $45. I rather spend the money on a real replica.

I don’t have any spare dolls, but if you find some I do have a vial of mysterious green fluid I could spare.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

IG-88 posted:

You ain’t gonna get them for 45 that’s for sure

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

CelticPredator posted:

You ain’t gonna get them for 45 that’s for sure

Oh no, I’m well aware of that. I’ve no problem dropping $220 on a decent doll but something about this listing rubs me the wrong way:

https://www.fullmoonhorror.com/products/puppet-master-original-series-jester

Blade, Jester and Six-Shooter are who I’d want.

In my daily purusing I’ve come across two other figures in debating hard on:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKc0vtG

(Make sure you look at all the pictures lol)

And I need Pitt for my Cruise:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtaB3qm

IG-88 fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 11, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://fairwayhobbies.com/product/puppet-master-x-axis-rising-kamikaze-11-puppet-replica/

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

I love it, as a dude with a Chinese last name.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

IG-88 posted:

Blade, Jester and Six-Shooter are who I’d want.

No Torch?

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Dawgstar posted:

No Torch?

I think I like Tunneler over Torch. :/

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Has anyone made a Billy the puppet replica from Saw?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Sanschel posted:

If you bought it within 30 days you can also call customer service and they’ll usually refund you the difference

I was doing an in-store pickup for the guys I bought today, just brought the receipt and showed them the item listing on my phone and they gave me the $8 back, no problem.

I used most of that to buy a Black Manta figure I spotted on clearance for $10. I can't help but love that goofy costume. Been eyeing that figure for a while actually. I kinda lucked out, found it on a back end cap in a different part of the store. Might have been the last one.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Anyone else having an absolute deluge of old preorders fulfilling?

In the past 3 or so weeks I've gotten wave 3 of Super 7 Silverhawks, NECA TMNT Sewer Dio and accessory set, Usagi Year of the Rabbit, Mezco Snakeyes, Pruneface, Fantastic 4, and Dr. Doom, Mondo Man Bat & Phantasm, and Mezco Shadow on the way.

Most of which has been long paid for, but seems weird that it's all hitting at once. Still have 4 Horsemen Poxxus and Super7 TMNT as 2022 pre-orders, but otherwise everything else is under 12 months.

I guess we're basically over the COVID hump...

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Legends 5-pack with Random, Stryfe, Pretty Boy, Vertigo and Zero is marked down to $85 for anybody who's been thinking of picking it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Villains-Anniversary/dp/B0BK1WXYTQ/ref=sr_1_36?crid=3BH0I40SXVV26&tag=enewsi-20

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

In the past 3 or so weeks I've gotten wave 3 of Super 7 Silverhawks, NECA TMNT Sewer Dio and accessory set, Usagi Year of the Rabbit, Mezco Snakeyes, Pruneface, Fantastic 4, and Dr. Doom, Mondo Man Bat & Phantasm, and Mezco Shadow on the way.

Most of which has been long paid for, but seems weird that it's all hitting at once. Still have 4 Horsemen Poxxus and Super7 TMNT as 2022 pre-orders, but otherwise everything else is under 12 months.

NECA should be shipping the next wave of Last Ronin figs too, Leo, Splinter and bloody Raph.

Now where’s the missing Super7 Ultimates wave?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

BBTS had a GI Joe wave on sale today with Storm Shadow, Spirit and the Cobra Officer. :toot:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
After a bit of website whack-a-mole, have finally managed to pin down a pre-order for the Ben Reilly re-issue. It's funny, I passed on him originally because I was never a huge fan of that outfit and was holding out for a Scarlet Spider instead but once I saw peoples' pics and vids in hand, I was feeling rather Gob Bluth because he pops amazingly.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Louisgod posted:

The Legends 5-pack with Random, Stryfe, Pretty Boy, Vertigo and Zero is marked down to $85 for anybody who's been thinking of picking it up.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Villains-Anniversary/dp/B0BK1WXYTQ/ref=sr_1_36?crid=3BH0I40SXVV26&tag=enewsi-20

Thanks for the heads up, I've had my eye on this for a very long time and that's a good price!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sentinel Red posted:

After a bit of website whack-a-mole, have finally managed to pin down a pre-order for the Ben Reilly re-issue. It's funny, I passed on him originally because I was never a huge fan of that outfit and was holding out for a Scarlet Spider instead but once I saw peoples' pics and vids in hand, I was feeling rather Gob Bluth because he pops amazingly.

Heck yea. I did the same with Wolverine — took about five sites with alerts on. Now for venom

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Yep, all the Mezco stuff hitting across the Mythic Legions ISS, the last wave preorder, and the first retailer exclusive stuff, plus the classified Vamp and xmen 97 wave 2, all while Amazon, Target, and pulse are doing sales. This is usually the slow time to rebuild funds and it feels like every company decided to drop half their upcoming inventory right now instead.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone know a contact email or something for the Play Arts Kai line. I have read that Square's customer service is terrible, but the Rude that I literally just got this month broke his damned right hand peg when trying to just put the alternate hands on.

Hoping that I can at least get a bead on buying a replacement arm or something, hell the stupid gloved hands that are set together also broke, but that I figured gently caress it and superglued. Luckily I can at least put him in that pose, and not really be able to tell the other peg isn't there, but this really sucks for a figure that is $155 to replace. Amiami isn't going to do poo poo for me I expect if I tried too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Amiami does do replacements for defective products.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Aphrodite posted:

Amiami does do replacements for defective products.

Yeah well, the peg snapping because I tried to put the hand on isn't going to fly as 'defective' :(

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I have been selling off old figures, collectibles, Transformers etc for a couple months. Mostly making room in my home and pruning the things I no longer love.

I had long wanted the Haslab Galactus and figured I'd put a bit of the money I had got from selling stuff toward it. Was originally going to get Captain Invictus's but due to shipping challenges it didn't work out. Captain Invictus is a stand up guy though and very quickly refunded me when we figured out it wasn't going to work out. All good there.

I ended up heading to e-bay and searching around and found something that was still in my budget and finally pulled the trigger. I've been sitting on a bunch of Legends Heralds to go with him so I'm happy to finally have it.

He's going to (for now) go right next to Haslab Unicron and his minions. Galvatron is basically a herald of Unicron anyway. Pretty thrilled to have my small team of planet eaters able to hang out.

This figure was covered exhaustively way back when it came out so I won't pile on too much there but I really love it. Really only knock is I think the Doom head is silly and there were a ton of other good options for a final unlock tier.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah, I'm super sorry about that. I hadn't sold a box the size of Galactus's since Fortress Maximus and Metroplex years ago, and in the interim the cost of shipping something that large has skyrocketed. Back then it'd be like $60-75 to ship them, but for Galactus it was going to be over $150 to ship it, which is too much to stomach, so I refunded the money with a bit on top for the trouble.

I had no idea there was specifically a fee now for boxes over 30 inches in length. that sucks! but I understand it.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've seen companies complaining about out-of-control shipping costs too, as in cost to ship from the factories to their warehouse, it seems like a very widespread thing. Seems like the main driving force is just greedy corporations. I'd feel better about it if I felt like that money was going toward paying their workers better, but I loving doubt it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

UPS also has to pay appropriate wages now and passes the costs on to you.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, I'm super sorry about that. I hadn't sold a box the size of Galactus's since Fortress Maximus and Metroplex years ago, and in the interim the cost of shipping something that large has skyrocketed. Back then it'd be like $60-75 to ship them, but for Galactus it was going to be over $150 to ship it, which is too much to stomach, so I refunded the money with a bit on top for the trouble.

I had no idea there was specifically a fee now for boxes over 30 inches in length. that sucks! but I understand it.

It's super not a problem. You handled it well and compensated me for the trouble. I really only brought it up so if you wanted to sell other stuff in the thread folks would know you are cool.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got the new BvS Batman from ol' Todd. It looks good. One slight problem, the neck peg is too long. Removing it and plopping the head on makes Bats look normal. I will scour through my bins for a shorter peg though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Up for order in about 45 minutes

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

UPS also has to pay appropriate wages now and passes the costs on to you.

UPS could have always paid wages and it would have been fine. Never buy this line from corporations, a MASSIVE portion of most of their profit margins go to paying insane salaries and bonuses for C-Suite people and doing stock buybacks. They raised the prices so they could maintain profit margin for those executives and shareholders, using the worker salaries as an excuse.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Got Snout Spout!

BBTS has a one-day sale on Play Arts Kai Aerith, down to $93 which is very reasonable for that figure.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/123632?o=1

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Purple dress Tifa is $90 too

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Grabbed a Snout! :toot:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Was actually able to grab a Snoot despite my traveling. Huzzah!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fuzz posted:

UPS could have always paid wages and it would have been fine. Never buy this line from corporations, a MASSIVE portion of most of their profit margins go to paying insane salaries and bonuses for C-Suite people and doing stock buybacks. They raised the prices so they could maintain profit margin for those executives and shareholders, using the worker salaries as an excuse.

I *assumed* he was being facetious, but yes, this should be said anyway.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/166942?o=4 Jessie and bike are on sale too, not sure if this is cheaper than importing from glorious Nippon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Didn't care for the remake but did love what they did with Jessie.

She definitely looks great here.