Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

pancake rabbit posted:

i haven't quite figured out how it would work but i am desperately hoping that kate being disappeared somehow results in another crossover event between this thread and the ufo thread

Did King Charles Pilot A UFO?

https://pressat.co.uk/releases/did-king-charles-pilot-a-ufo-d29d854ec4903459186283eb37790d2e/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The Marchioness of Cholmondeley

a royal? more like Chomodeley

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

And with that I can never visit the Pedoph Isles because of an impending libel trial

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://x.com/BecksWelker/status/1767302299729477821?s=20

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

E;FB!!!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drat another self inflicted gunshot wound to the back of the head

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Tsitsikovas posted:

Drugs as Weapons Against Us continues to be a pro read. From Ch. 4 "CIA Drug Targets: Paul Robeson, Writers, Elvis"

Just filled with these connections. Maybe its 101 stuff for the regular posters here but nevertheless.

Oh and Jolly West made an appearance in chap 2

the book will surely get into it, but mainstream america was also largely introduced to psilocybe due to henry and especially his wife clare's interest in them. they were part of the cultural/medical elite that were into them as early as the 50s, and time-life publications were big boosters of lsd and psilocybin mushrooms in the early 60s before the mainstream opinion of them shifted due to people like leary. life magazine were the original publishers of r. gordon wasson's (himself a vp at jp morgan chase) story about his trip to mexico to participate in shamanic rituals with maria sabina (which she regretted later for a number of reasons). this trip was funded by the cia under mkultra: http://documents.theblackvault.com/documents/mkultra/mkultra4/DOC_0000017457/DOC_0000017457.pdf

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Yes, the one he arrived in.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

We. need. to. be. talking. about. mental. illness.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Are the Yanks ITT familiar with the Mayerling Incident? It seems like it would fit in with this thread. That, and the Nepalese Royal Massacre of 2001.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

poo poo will fly over. Media will have DEI as the scapegoat while the poo poo continues to happen and one of the Boeing CEOs is gonna appear on Tucker.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

DesertIslandHermit posted:

poo poo will fly over.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

pancake rabbit posted:

i haven't quite figured out how it would work but i am desperately hoping that kate being disappeared somehow results in another crossover event between this thread and the ufo thread

Actually, I have a question I could use thread-knowledge on that I posted in the UFO thread, but no one had any ideas and is probably more relevant here.

Does anyone know anything about Duke University's parapsychological studies department? Years ago I thrifted a hypnosis textbook that belonged to a marine corps officer that was on "research team #7: mind-body communications in behavioral research" in the early 70s.

The textbook itself is interesting, the officer wrote in the cover that 'This is the best "text-book" published," and held on to it to the point where, when he received a hypnotherapy certification in 1987, he pasted a copy of the certificate into the book. It was co-authored by A.E. Van Vogt, who wrote the sci-fi story "Black Destroyer" that inspired both the film Alien (to the point of lawsuit) and the dungeons and dragons displacer beast. Vogt also was the head of Los Angeles Dianetics before scientology.

Anyway, book aside, I'm really interested in details on that Duke department. The only obviously fun link I figured out so far was that Dr. J.B. Rhine, who started the department, was good friends with Aldous Huxley, who was also good friends with our thread favorite Dr. West, but that would have been a good decade or two prior.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
mother fucker!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

What an interesting wall behind the vehicle. What building is that they're driving past so we can see whether it really does have two different styles/patterns of brick?

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

What an interesting wall behind the vehicle. What building is that they're driving past so we can see whether it really does have two different styles/patterns of brick?

lmao, no way

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Dokapon Findom posted:

ahahaha

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Dokapon Findom posted:

lol, they're so bad at this. all of this just reinforces my belief she's loving dead and has been for months

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

lol come on

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

haha charles is trolling

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't that the Marchioness in the car with him? The dimple looks about the same

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Paladin posted:

Actually, I have a question I could use thread-knowledge on that I posted in the UFO thread, but no one had any ideas and is probably more relevant here.

Does anyone know anything about Duke University's parapsychological studies department? Years ago I thrifted a hypnosis textbook that belonged to a marine corps officer that was on "research team #7: mind-body communications in behavioral research" in the early 70s.

The textbook itself is interesting, the officer wrote in the cover that 'This is the best "text-book" published," and held on to it to the point where, when he received a hypnotherapy certification in 1987, he pasted a copy of the certificate into the book. It was co-authored by A.E. Van Vogt, who wrote the sci-fi story "Black Destroyer" that inspired both the film Alien (to the point of lawsuit) and the dungeons and dragons displacer beast. Vogt also was the head of Los Angeles Dianetics before scientology.

Anyway, book aside, I'm really interested in details on that Duke department. The only obviously fun link I figured out so far was that Dr. J.B. Rhine, who started the department, was good friends with Aldous Huxley, who was also good friends with our thread favorite Dr. West, but that would have been a good decade or two prior.

this is really interesting and now i wish to know too

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

maxwellhill posted:

lmao, no way

mdemone posted:

there is no way on god's green earth she wrote that follow-up tweet of her own volition

lol and furthermore lmao

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Today I learned that Isis-K, the completely organic anti-Taliban Islamist organization has a magazine called “Voice of Khorasan.”

Comon guys, at least try to make it look like you aren’t dipping into the same playbook again

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

Hahaha

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Weirdly, Kensington Palace does have a bizarre mix of brick and stone work on the front of it, but I can't find anything matching that car photo:

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
Someone get the geoguessr guy on this, stat

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Endman posted:

Weirdly, Kensington Palace does have a bizarre mix of brick and stone work on the front of it, but I can't find anything matching that car photo:

The far right side of this photo seems to match

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

500excf type r posted:

The far right side of this photo seems to match

no it doesn't?

even if there's a match to the brickwork seen through the window, there's no match in the brickwork seen above the roof of the car

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

multistability posted:

Someone get the geoguessr guy on this, stat

hi

so first, it's going to be near windsor palace, not kensington. not within the grounds itself if the paparazzi are there. and if you trace the lines of the different brickwork they clearly come from two different walls, one farther away, not just different brickwork on the same wall.

this isn't it, but it will be this kind of situation (this is from the route a car would take out of windsor going towards the highway, avoiding touristy areas).

but this small - large - small pattern is everywhere in that area, with the distinctive occasional dark bricks. it's probably too tough to pin down exactly because there's a lot of roads redacted from streetview around the palace.

so i don't think it's that weird, just old janky walls in the area. why would the paparazzo be in on it?

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
the real question is: why is konami right outside windsor palace??

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gradenko_2000 posted:

no it doesn't?

even if there's a match to the brickwork seen through the window, there's no match in the brickwork seen above the roof of the car

struggling to see the bikes in this

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
anyway, the smallest child has a missing tooth in the photoshopped photo

surely there are enough photos of him over time that you could cross check the tooth gap

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

why would the paparazzo be in on it?

hmmmmmmmmmm

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Mola Yam posted:

anyway, the smallest child has a missing tooth in the photoshopped photo

surely there are enough photos of him over time that you could cross check the tooth gap

Now we're cooking with gas.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
The most unbelievable thing about the picture is that the combined efforts of the British paparazzi were only to snap one photo, and one that doesn't include the face at that

Contrast this with Princess Di and it's amazing how much better they were at taking 10,000 pictures per second back then. I guess they must just really respect the Royal Family now or something

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Weird doorknob on the window in the Kate picture too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Dokapon Findom posted:

The most unbelievable thing about the picture is that the combined efforts of the British paparazzi were only to snap one photo, and one that doesn't include the face at that

Contrast this with Princess Di and it's amazing how much better they were at taking 10,000 pictures per second back then. I guess they must just really respect the Royal Family now or something

The British paparazzi is a government sanctioned gang stalking organization. It’s purpose is to harass targets.