Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah panthers fans how are you feeling about losing him before we see the comp? Maybe a 2nd or future 1v?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah panthers fans how are you feeling about losing him before we see the comp? Maybe a 2nd or future 1v?

Depends on what they get, though they were never going to get something close to the Rams deal.

Also apparently other teams have gotten involved so this hopefully drives up compensation.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767314080203715044?t=qGRinAstAkO_UBHcoJkcmg&s=19

I'll take a third for him. He's pretty good but gets hurt a lot and can't make INTs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol a 2nd and a 5th

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol a 2nd and a 5th

:lol:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The contract is massive but the comp definitely works for me.

Basically traded Leonard Williams and a few extra million for Burns long term. I'll take it

Burns, Dexter Lawrence and Thibodeaux is a potentially very strong DL

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol a 2nd and a 5th

Contract the Panthers lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Amy Pole Her posted:

This is the football sub.

Look dude, I offered to discuss BBQ with you and if that's not a goddamn olive branch then I don't know what else to say

Also, Minshewmania is taking over Vegas and it's going to be cool as gently caress

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767314080203715044?t=qGRinAstAkO_UBHcoJkcmg&s=19

I'll take a third for him. He's pretty good but gets hurt a lot and can't make INTs.

cool with this but tampa has to go hard on the secondary now in FA and the draft

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

one of the bengals' comp picks got changed from a 6th rounder into a 3rd rounder due to joe burrow's recent publicity efforts. i believe you've seen it

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

No Butt Stuff posted:

lol a 2nd and a 5th

Basically exactly what we gave up for Leonard Williams lmao

Panthers are dumb and I'm fine with the contract, DE is a premium position

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
If I’m Carolina I’m happy with that trade. They gave Burns an insane amount

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Black Sunshine posted:

Minshewmania is taking over Vegas and it's going to be cool as gently caress

Hell yeah.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Amy Pole Her posted:

The Panthers also just spent $100m on a guard. And let the best LB they have sign for a decent deal in Washington.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Amy Pole Her posted:

if im carolina im wondering why the gently caress i didnt move him for two firsts a year before

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Or in the trade for the #1 pick, letting you keep DJ Moore

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Haha

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1767333201272332686?t=I0MZE_nhlHOmd4Ny82hZsA&s=19

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

How is this even possible?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Niwrad posted:

How is this even possible?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Is David Tepper the most testicle looking owner in the league?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Febreeze posted:

Is David Tepper the most testicle looking owner in the league?

:laffo: :hmmyes:

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

holy gently caress

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Not to pile on but the Bears own the Panthers 2nd round pick next year too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It might be time for the NFL to intervene to save the Panthers from themselves.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is a good one

https://x.com/nealerrr/status/1767323147408179595?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Edit

https://x.com/lukecombs/status/1767346223311134932?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Mar 12, 2024

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767345808771322211?s=20

Brisket's back on the menu, boys.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

absolutely incredible

kidcoelacanth posted:

cool with this but tampa has to go hard on the secondary now in FA and the draft

they've been very good at finding solid secondary players in the draft but this does feel like gambling that we can do it consistently

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

lol this loving team

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

wandler20 posted:

The Panthers also just spent $100m on a guard. And let the best LB they have sign for a decent deal in Washington.

… oh wow Miamis former guard.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
the please don't post about trump discourse is really funny because I just saw chubb trending and was thinking :wtf: and it's literally all about trump and some insurance company called chubb :v:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
you said the bad name so now people are going to light up the report button and send you to Guantanamo until the heat death of the universe. you won't get to watch Stroud win multiple super bowls, hope it was worth it!

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I was curious so I looked at the total draft value of all these picks and even assuming the 2025 5th for Burns is equal to the first pick of this years 5th round (#136), I got 1033 points, which is almost as valuable as #15 overall.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Well sure it looks bad if you list out the facts

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thing is, if they didn't draft Bryce they'd have signed a journeyman QB instead who'd be mediocre enough to lift them out of Caleb and possibly even out of the top 5 (remember, this is the NFC South we're talking about).

They needed to trade for Bryce to earn the number one pick they traded to get Bryce.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767416315935953277?s=20
Swapping Cousins for Darnold seems like a step down.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

teams still haven't learned that of course a mediocre qb looks good on the goddamn niners i see

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://x.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767566429409136838?s=20

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Android Apocalypse posted:

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1767416315935953277?s=20
Swapping Cousins for Darnold seems like a step down.

In the abstract maybe but 1 year 10 million for a bridge QB versus 4 years 180 million for an old and mediocre to decent aged QB coming off a major injury, I’m quite okay with this trade off. Let ‘em draft someone with potential and move the franchise on, I don’t begrudge Cousins but would be very upset if the Vikings had given him that deal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Thaddius the Large posted:

In the abstract maybe but 1 year 10 million for a bridge QB versus 4 years 180 million for an old and mediocre to decent aged QB coming off a major injury, I’m quite okay with this trade off. Let ‘em draft someone with potential and move the franchise on, I don’t begrudge Cousins but would be very upset if the Vikings had given him that deal

Yeah this makes sense if you're planning on drafting a 1st round qb. Easy jump to the cardinals pick probably to get your guy and have darnold as competition or low quality starter while whomever sits for a year