Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Bum the Sad posted:

So that’s what I did out of principle.
Good. Enough people do that and they start honoring price adjustments again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Do they charge for nitrogen conversion for tires?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Tran posted:

Do they charge for nitrogen conversion for tires?

Their pumps just pump nitrogen. No one checks memberships at the tire pumps so anyone can use it theoretically. I don't know what you mean by conversion unless it's letting your air out all the way before filing the tires, which the guy behind you might not be thrilled with.

Not that any of it matters. If Costco only lied and said it was nitrogen, no one would tell the difference without a testing device or something.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
The customer-facing pumps don’t work below a certain psi to avoid the full refill trick.

And yeah, roommate is a drama bomb and other things, I can’t stand her:

Remulak fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 10, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Remulak posted:

The customer-facing pumps don’t work below a certain psi to avoid the full refill trick.

How do you know that lol

Imagining you deflating all your tires first and going "ah.. poo poo"

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
I'm entering into middle age and recently I spent part of a friday night walking through costco, eating a 1.50 hot dog and looking at toilets and vacuum cleaners.

The louvre, petra, vatican city, non have poo poo on costco

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I walk the aisles looking for DEALS

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Air is already 78% nitrogen.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Costco isn’t raising its membership fee. Analysts are disappointed.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/costco-isnt-raising-its-membership-fee-analysts-are-disappointed-1d4698cb

good

gently caress analysts

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Zero VGS posted:

How do you know that lol

Imagining you deflating all your tires first and going "ah.. poo poo"
Because I had a really low tire and it didn’t work. I think it sets an alarm because a dude came out of the garage next door with a hose, saw my tires had green caps, then filled it up. Andthen told me that’s why they do it, to prevent people showing up with new tires

BTW they’ll give you green caps inside if you ask.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Im guess maybe some places don't have free air pumps at their gas stations?

I fill up my tires in the spring a little bit, is not a big deal and I expect it would happen even if it was 100% nitrogen I just imagine all tires leak a little bit and eventually need a top up?

I heard that nitrogen doesn't really stop you from needing to air them occasionally?

1 baked potato with sour cream and chives and and small chocolate frosty please

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Nitrogen has a lower gas constant than air, so temp changes don’t affect your ‘air’ pressure.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's pretty negligible though right I mean most of air is nitrogen already?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Wendigee posted:

It's pretty negligible though right I mean most of air is nitrogen already?

It's negligible yeah. Nitrogen escapes a little less but still does. It expands with heat less but still does.

From what I'm reading even the Nitrogen pumps only narrow it to like 90% nitrogen output, and that's not including what is in the tire.

Professional cyclists mostly don't bother either. It's more of a superstition than anything measurable. At best it doesn't hurt.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Went to Costco today, was gonna try the turkey sandwich until I saw the calorie count. How the hell is a turkey sandwich more calories than the fried fat bomb that is the chicken bake?!

Needless to say I opted for the consistent calorie-sensible choice that is the glizzy.

Mayo.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
don't empty your tires to refil with nitrogen, the weight of the car on empty tires destroys tires, also why you should always replace asap a tire that deflated because the section the weight was on will always be fuicked up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

thinking about adding the $8000 Kobe signed basketball to my order of dishwashing liquid and toilet paper

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
why would i want beef that says basketball

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Remulak posted:

Because I had a really low tire and it didn’t work. I think it sets an alarm because a dude came out of the garage next door with a hose, saw my tires had green caps, then filled it up. Andthen told me that’s why they do it, to prevent people showing up with new tires

BTW they’ll give you green caps inside if you ask.

my tire was once low enough to trigger this, and the tire shop employee who came over to help pointed out that i could start the machine on a tire that was full and then quickly change to the low one and the machine can't tell

worked fine

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how quickly though?

I usually ask the car shop guys to use theirs when it happens those dont have limits

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
a few seconds. this was on a fullsize truck and i was going between the front tire and rear tire, so probably between 3 and 5 seconds. not sure what the threshold was

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Costco muffins on the kitchen table. Wife asleep not sure if OK to cop or wife has other plans for the,

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

poster was eaten by a wife

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Costco muffins on the kitchen table. Wife asleep not sure if OK to cop or wife has other plans for the,

Eat half a muffin

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Worst case, what happens, you have to go back to Costco

Eat that muffin

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Froze 8 coffee cake muffins just this weekend.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Raluek posted:

my tire was once low enough to trigger this, and the tire shop employee who came over to help pointed out that i could start the machine on a tire that was full and then quickly change to the low one and the machine can't tell

worked fine

This is good advice, thx

Ours are just an arrow up and an arrow down to let you increase/decrease the target pressure. No start/stop. For these it totally makes sense that they wouldn’t work below a certain pressure since otherwise, if left to their own devices and/or someone disconnected it early, they wouldn’t quit until the earths atmosphere was like 20 psi

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you won’t eat your wife’s muffin she’ll find someone who will.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Wife doesn't exist

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Professional cyclists mostly don't bother either. It's more of a superstition than anything measurable. At best it doesn't hurt.

The only people who care about nitrogen in an actually measurable way are also concerned about their tire pressure to the .1 psi (aka racecar engineers). It's harmless but also pointless in a street driven car.

I do want to find that quick-connect tire chuck Costco has on their filling stations, that's neat.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Have you made your own in your house? It smells.

Doesn't.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
like, if you open the bottle it does. so just close the bottle

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wish I could embed IG videos https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4GZgsZRDs9/

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I’ve made my own kimchi and it didn’t stink up my house. I used a fermenting jar with the gas release thing.

It wasn’t very good though! I prefer to just get ours from the Korean grocery, they know what they’re doing.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

All the nitrogen pump talk made me check my tires and I was around 7 PSI lower than I should be on each one. Thankfully my Costco has the air station, so a quick hitting each tire followed by a stop at the gas pumps and my car feels right. I was wondering why it seemed like my gas mileage was getting slightly crappier.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

If you really want to optimize it it's better to inflate the tires after the car has sat for several hours. Driving heats up the tire quite a bit so filling it after driving doesn't guarantee a perfect fill.

Personally idgaf

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Eeyo posted:

If you really want to optimize it it's better to inflate the tires after the car has sat for several hours. Driving heats up the tire quite a bit so filling it after driving doesn't guarantee a perfect fill.

Personally idgaf

I added 4 PSI for the hot tires, I'll check it when I'm off work as my car will have sat for 4 hours and I'll have a proper reading. Plus I have a very slow electric tire pump at my office so I can do the top off before I drive home if needed

Also got the food court cookie recently. It's alright, mine had tons of chocolate chips which is nice, but no real pull to get it again.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Just wait until the weather warms up and expands the air in your tires so you don't have to fill them bing bong

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
There’s literally air everywhere I don’t have to put it in my tires lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Kaddish posted:

Froze 8 coffee cake muffins just this weekend.

Those are crack

Fattening Fattening crack