Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

I need to get new basketball shoes but for actually playing basketball and everything I can find locally is expensive and name branded. Like, no I don't want the the Ja Morant's. Ironically the ones that are actually a decent price and look the best are the Air Jordans, but I am not showing up day 1 to a rec league in brand new Jordans. Might as well wear a shooting sleeve...

Get the Jordans and then wear Rec Specs to balance it out :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Amy Pole Her posted:

So basically between General Dog and that other dude who was fraudulently using his own address to boost up his required sales numbers, Chat Thread is scaring me a bit with business acumen

I'm just tired of the job really. I think I'm the kind of easygoing boss that I'd like to work under, but not the kind of manager that I'd want to employ if I owned the company. I essentially committed that to the record and they can do with it what they like.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

I need to get new basketball shoes but for actually playing basketball and everything I can find locally is expensive and name branded. Like, no I don't want the the Ja Morant's. Ironically the ones that are actually a decent price and look the best are the Air Jordans, but I am not showing up day 1 to a rec league in brand new Jordans. Might as well wear a shooting sleeve...

Get the Jordans but go for a hike in the woods with them so it looks like you wear them regularly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

General dog is a bog standard west texas republican and the latter was el penis why are you surprised?

I keep forgetting that was el penis

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I honestly was completely unaware of el penis before he started posting in the chat thread. Was not aware of his reputation outside of here.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I have no memory of the goon in question

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
About to go see Whose Live Is It Anyway tonight. We saw the show with Brad and Colin a few years ago. This one has Ryan Stiles, Greg Proops, Joel and Jeff. Always love to watch good improv.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Currently goes by IM Gei.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Silly Burrito posted:

About to go see Whose Live Is It Anyway tonight. We saw the show with Brad and Colin a few years ago. This one has Ryan Stiles, Greg Proops, Joel and Jeff. Always love to watch good improv.

I saw them a couple years ago. It was the same group as what you saw plus Colin. It's extra special because Ryan is from the PNW and makes the jokes extremely local. Hearing him yell "You can back gently caress off back to Sedro-Wooley" doesn't make sense to 90% of Americans but made me lose it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Its Rinaldo posted:

He got a sales job for like a lawn maintenance service or something and it had a quota for people getting a follow up. He wasn't hitting the quota so he started using his own address to make it look like he was. He got caught and was fired. I don't know him outside this thread but he seemed nice enough except for being a loving idiot when it came to his job.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

I saw them a couple years ago. It was the same group as what you saw plus Colin. It's extra special because Ryan is from the PNW and makes the jokes extremely local. Hearing him yell "You can back gently caress off back to Sedro-Wooley" doesn't make sense to 90% of Americans but made me lose it.

It’s gonna be great. I wish Wayne would do these too, but I get that he’s busy. Alas.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Ugh I confirmed in January that I did, in fact, want my student loan to be on autopay when I paid my bill but apparently it didn'y stick since I got a call aboug being overdue. I'm about 2 months out from being able to pay it off in full and never deal with this again but I'm irritated.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Air Skwirl posted:

He got a sales job for like a lawn maintenance service or something and it had a quota for people getting a follow up. He wasn't hitting the quota so he started using his own address to make it look like he was. He got caught and was fired. I don't know him outside this thread but he seemed nice enough except for being a loving idiot when it came to his job.

I think it was a tree-trimming service. And he was still living with his parents into his late 30s.

But, yeah, the whole "quotes from my own address" thing was a hilarious own-goal. I don't know what kind of thought process goes into that.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
drat, that was seriously funny. If they come to your city, buy a ticket. I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a long time. Highly recommended.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Silly Burrito posted:

drat, that was seriously funny. If they come to your city, buy a ticket. I don’t think I’ve laughed that hard in a long time. Highly recommended.
Who does the Drew part?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CannonFodder posted:

Who does the Drew part?

Bob Barker

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
About to see Dune 2 in Imax at Mall of Asia, I am hype

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Abugadu posted:

About to see Dune 2 in Imax at Mall of Asia, I am hype

Gl hf

Dune seems perfect for IMAX :)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CannonFodder posted:

Who does the Drew part?

Mostly Greg Proops but they all switch.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hehe poops

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

General Dog posted:

I'm just tired of the job really. I think I'm the kind of easygoing boss that I'd like to work under, but not the kind of manager that I'd want to employ if I owned the company. I essentially committed that to the record and they can do with it what they like.

Welcome to mid 30s in Middle management. We hate our jobs despite lying to ourselves because we gotta eat.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Alas, the imax is broken, as well as my heart. Regular screen it is.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
I missed Tom Cruise chat in the thread because I was on a plane watching A Few Good Men for the first time. Great Tom Cruise movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rewatching Dune part 1 since I'm seeing the sequel tomorrow and Oscar Isaac is such a good dad.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://x.com/BBCWorld/status/1767299166781268448?s=20

lol at this happening here

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Oof, says self-inflicted wound. If I'm conspiracy minded, then I think it's a set up, but I think the more likely outcome is that Boeing harassed him so much he became depressed and suicidal.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oof, says self-inflicted wound. If I'm conspiracy minded, then I think it's a set up, but I think the more likely outcome is that Boeing harassed him so much he became depressed and suicidal.

Oh I know it said self-inflicted.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
This is pretty much just the plot of Michael Clayton

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Regular screen Dune2 still amazing, lounge seats and speakers so loud your chair rocked when big noises happened.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So what’s the deal with Kate Middleton

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

Her husband cheated on her so she’s protesting by refusing to play the royal game by avoiding the spotlight.

The royals are trying to hide her lack of engagement with the press with photoshops.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I can see Dune Part 2 winning Best Sound Design at next year's Oscars. The visuals were amazing, but the sound:catdrugs:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Its been 30 years since British tabloids feasted on Princess Di and they are getting hungry for blood again.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Add to the fact Harry & Megan are not in England anymore so the tabloids have to get the dish on someone in the Royal Family.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

Her husband cheated on her so she’s protesting by refusing to play the royal game by avoiding the spotlight.

The royals are trying to hide her lack of engagement with the press with photoshops.

I refuse to believe a Royal would cheat on his wife. Simply cannot be true.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Can't believe Hillary Clinton was on the board at Boeing.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

swickles posted:

Its been 30 years since British tabloids feasted on Princess Di and they are getting hungry for blood again.

Is it really feasting when the royal family constantly chums the water?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I refuse to believe a Royal would cheat on his wife. Simply cannot be true.

At least not with another adult.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

Can't believe Hillary Clinton was on the board at Boeing.

Maybe Nikki Haley took up her mantle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

I have never given a single poo poo about the royal family except when the queen died 2 days before I went to London and now with the Kate Middleton stuff.

Either A) she dead or B) they have the worst PR team in the history of the world.

To summarize:

- Kate hasn’t been seen in public in a couple months. The official story was that she had some stomach surgery and was recovering.

- this of course sent conspiracy theorists wild with anything from “she ded” to “she got a BBL and the surgery went horribly wrong”

- to “prove” that she was fine, on Mothers Day (UK celebrated March 10) they posted a picture of her and the kids that is obviously photoshopped or created by AI.

https://x.com/kensingtonroyal/status/1766750995445387393?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Which of course lead to some pretty amazing memes.

https://x.com/waynedavid81/status/1766838044781383845?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

- everyone pointed out that it was clearly a photoshop, so then “Kate” posted on Twitter (since deleted) that she was an amateur photographer and was bad at photoshop, so sorry. Because the royal family definitely photoshops their own photos.

https://x.com/aidanke42592122/status/1767168960552718338?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

- today someone pointed out that Kate’s face is actually from a Vogue cover photo shot a few years ago

https://x.com/rubynaldrett/status/1767184942859997400?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Also there was another pic of Kate released of her “in public”

https://x.com/waynedavid81/status/1767287179871494204?s=46&t=eGtKhFFooZWFwCmcVJDt3Q

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Mar 12, 2024