Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

300 people making poo poo for eververse, 3 people working on the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help

Waroduce posted:

is there another content drop happening pre TFS or this was it?

Destiny 2: Into the Light content update (whatever it is, I don't think much about it has been revealed yet?) in April, and some new PvP maps in May are what's left, I think.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like that we're still waiting on that last radio message for the season to find out if Crow died on his way back to his home planet or not

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

I like that we're still waiting on that last radio message for the season to find out if Crow died on his way back to his home planet or not

The last radio message and the epilogue mission, which we know is called "Closer to the Heart" after the triumph prematurely unhid itself

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

haveblue posted:

ghost should have been the proton pack, slimer should have been the sparrow
The sparrow should have been slimer doing the wavy hands thing when he charges Ray in the hotel.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Eris, when someone asks you if you're a Hive God, you say YES

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

RBA Starblade posted:

Eris, when someone asks you if you're a Hive God, you say AIAT

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Gambit is the focused activity but I cannot get into a match at all. 30 minutes and the best it got was 7/8 before eventually timing out again

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its casual playlist this time so if ever you were nervous about playing your hunter nows the time to just toss some weapons at it and go in

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Huh this would explain the multiple crashes when loading into a new zone I experienced lately

https://x.com/destinybulletn/status/1767349096812339672

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It crashes *other* people? This explains a lot lol

Also I love people still not somehow knowing that for proper rewards (platinum) you gotta actually kill the champs in nightfalls. Did a nightfall where someone despawned champs as much as they could and then complained about not getting the NF weapon in firetean chat lol

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

So Trials got even more lovely, yes? Lots of (not so) subtle cheaters (or cronus/xim whatever) on the other team, or absolute shitbags on one's own team.

Snapes N Snapes fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 12, 2024

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

neutral milf hotel posted:

Huh this would explain the multiple crashes when loading into a new zone I experienced lately

This sounds like someone else's problem.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am sure Destiny players will be extremely responsible with this information and not troll anyone else with this at all

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
well the play your hunter three times trick worked great and now i dont have to worry about anything all guardian games if i dont want to thanks

theysayheygreg
Oct 5, 2010

some rusty fish

neutral milf hotel posted:

arrogantly space surfing through patrol shouting NEVER LOOK BACK smiling as the zone empties behind me

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Snapes N Snapes posted:

So Trials got even more lovely, yes? Lots of (not so) subtle cheaters (or cronus/xim whatever) on the other team, or absolute shitbags on one's own team.

There’s also netlimiters and lag switchers. They will report you for a bad connection and get you suspended from PVP. Great design there.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

poo poo like that is why i wonder why anyone would try to take this game's pvp seriously

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I dont know how anyone has ever taken Destiny pvp seriously given it's a loot game.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Oxyclean posted:

I dont know how anyone has ever taken Destiny pvp seriously given it's a loot game.

Because it's developed by Bungie and feels amazing when it's going right.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

EVGA Longoria posted:

Because it's developed by Bungie and feels amazing when it's going right.

I mean, there's a difference between having fun with and taking it seriously.

I just kind of want to shitpost and be like "lmao might as well be competitive slot machine" but for serious, I just don't really have a lot of respect for a game labeling itself as "competitive" or placing prestige in pvp modes where players can come in with big power deltas or there's tons of loot/build nonsense.

Like consider something like Halo or Counterstrike, where just about anything you need to be on equal competitive footing is instantly at your finger tips. I don't doubt pros can get to the lighthouse on a fresh account in short order, or get their in blues or whatever, but I still don't respect the game pretending it's a "competitive" game mode.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Bungie knows exactly the kind of support and infrastructure a competitive PvP game needs - they’ve demonstrated that with what little they have announced of Marathon so far - and they’ve never even pretended any of it is coming to Destiny.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Isn't "competitive" what they were aiming at on Destiny 2's release, and that's not what Destiny fans wanted and it never had a comp scene so they walked it all back?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

A little of that and a little of retooling everything to favor the competitive players, except they also hated and didn't ask for the changes and in at least one alpha told them this sucks

Bungie didn't listen and so Year 1 began

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Yeah just don't use the thing we made to quickly travel around to quickly travel around, idiots.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

^burtle posted:

and yet here u are

I might even skim the thread when final shape drops too!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Skimmer crashes are supposedly fixed in today’s patch, FWIW

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Esports has poisoned so many multiplayer games. Just give us some goofy poo poo to gently caress around with.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hackan Slash posted:

Isn't "competitive" what they were aiming at on Destiny 2's release, and that's not what Destiny fans wanted and it never had a comp scene so they walked it all back?
They didn't have private matches until like forsaken I think? I vaguely remember something about people trying to do a tournament before that, and the amount of network glitching and fuckery was astronomical just to get it so the two teams would match.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ponzicar posted:

Esports has poisoned so many multiplayer games. Just give us some goofy poo poo to gently caress around with.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
If only there was a playlist that encouraged the use of an obscene amount of space magic and heavy weaponry...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

el B posted:

If only there was a playlist that encouraged the use of an obscene amount of space magic and heavy weaponry...

The cowards rebuilt Crucible in Y1's image. They should have rebuilt it in Mayhem's

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

el B posted:

I'm way out of the loop, is mayhem always available now?

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
the first year of d1 crucible was the most fun I ever had in destiny

there were vehicles and stuff. big maps. early trials. it was weird and varied and lots of fun. crucible was the best way to gear up for vault of glass because it didn't involve running the same strike one hundred times

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The more focused on being competitive a game gets the less it appeals to anyone who isn't interested in competitive gaming. And for Destiny, that's a lot of people. I'm obviously not against balancing and all that, but I just don't think Destiny is ever getting the comp gamer demographic like Counterstrike or whatever. I like playing Crucible. I *was* enjoying solo Trials. If PvP in this game became "practice and git gud or die instantly" then I'm simply not gonna play it again because I have much better things to spend my time on.

I think the funniest thing is how many "buffs" they're giving us which are just nerfs being walked back from back when. The real dream is to completely decouple PvP and PvE, so PvE can have much more silly abilities and things to do while ramping up the difficulty for bonkers levels of fun, while PvP can have the hardware mode or whatever, but realistically that's never going to happen. But nothing sucks more than your favourite exotic or ability being nerfed because of a mode you never even play, regardless of which mode you play.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

el B posted:

didn't they just dilute that rotator with some lame modes so they could have a second permanent 3v3 rotator?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

dodgeblan posted:

the first year of d1 crucible was the most fun I ever had in destiny

there were vehicles and stuff. big maps. early trials. it was weird and varied and lots of fun. crucible was the best way to gear up for vault of glass because it didn't involve running the same strike one hundred times

Yeah to be clear Destiny 1 crucible was amazing all the way through

It's Destiny 2 Year 1 that hosed it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah to be clear Destiny 1 crucible was amazing all the way through

Could have done without the bit where the meta was thorn/final round sniper for like six months

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

haveblue posted:

Could have done without the bit where the meta was thorn/final round sniper for like six months

that was fun for about a month then it became less fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
nothing makes me want to scream like losing out on plat score by < 5k points because idiot pubbies kill champs with reckless abandon while im emoting at them

e: well some other things do and Ill luck into it before the week's out anyway but still. Stop being antagonistic to our score, teammates!

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 13, 2024