Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cranappleberry posted:

seriously tho saga frontier 2 is underrated

It's very pretty but I couldn't wrap my head around it and I love SF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I did not think ME2 was that impressive and did not get the goon obsession with it. The like thousands of dollars of gangtags +emotes + avatars was wild to me.

Everyone with the avatars of the blue aliens was loving insane and I think at least two ended up being sex criminals.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
More like rear end Defect

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ME3 is the best one because it had the good multiplayer

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Heath posted:

It's very pretty but I couldn't wrap my head around it and I love SF

pretty sure the devs purposefully hid how the mechanics work to screw with people lol

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i got the legendary edition expecting to have a good time blasting through all of them again and i really enjoyed 1 and fell off of 2 pretty quickly

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

lobster shirt posted:

its my most controversial but most correcft opinion

Gameplay-wise it's absolutely the best and I almost want to replay it just to try out a different class. But then I'd have to play through the back half of the story. Plus, outside of multiplayer the enemy variety is really limited, and the Legendary Edition did not port the multiplayer. Maybe if the most common enemies weren't the Cerberus troopers with the grunts and screams I find annoying...

:rip:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

i got the legendary edition expecting to have a good time blasting through all of them again and i really enjoyed 1 and fell off of 2 pretty quickly

Yeah this was my experience too lol.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I endured 1 which is the worst one.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

1 is the most interesting but it also has terrible things like the inventory system.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
2 is fine for the most part, but people were convinced there'd be so many variations on the outcomes of things set up in 2 that they were replaying it a dozen times to have alternate choice paths available in 3 so they could relish all the outcomes (lol)

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I endured 1 which is the worst one.

1 at least lets you do really hilarious physics things with biotics and send enemies sailing into the stratosphere. Plus rolling over things in the Mako and ramming the big geth walkers off cliffs was funny. We let them take away all our freedoms in the sequels.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

1 is the most interesting but it also has terrible things like the inventory system.

It is not interesting. It is boring. This was the absolute height of like every bioware game having the exact same structure and the only remotely interesting bits are dialogue infodumps.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm on my loving poo poo again.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'd say the biggest issue with 2 and 3 in retrospect is they hosed up the order of objectives. 2 should've been "The reapers are here, we need to assemble a crack team to go and do something to weaken them!" and then idk have the choice be between nuking a ton of them or hijacking them and gently caress whatever the green ending was supposed to be.

Then 3 should've been "We severely weakened them but we need to send your squad of bad dudes on a suicide mission final push to save the day!"

But this wasn't helped by all the behind-the-scenes drama, burnout, EA pressure, and turnover meaning that they couldn't actually keep track of consistent writing styles between all 3 games anyway.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

dragon age 2 lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Awesome Button.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i really hate the overlord dlc for me 2 and it has detailed several attempts to replay the series. it sucks!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lobster shirt posted:

i really hate the overlord dlc for me 2 and it has detailed several attempts to replay the series. it sucks!

I simply skip that one op.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I simply skip that one op.

i have the gamers disorder where uncompleted items in my quest log induce madness

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I get the idea 3 would probably have been an undisputed high point had they not Game of Thrones'd the ending.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

lobster shirt posted:

That's the one where a Cerberus scientist decides to plug his autistic brother into a computer to talk to robots right?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
never played a bioware game. never will. simple as

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

That's the one where a Cerberus scientist decides to plug his autistic brother into a computer to talk to robots right?

it must be because the other one is where you crash an asteroid into a planet and nobody would ever hate that one

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Chrono Trigger.

Pablo tellin the truth here

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yup. Flawless plan honestly

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nuns with Guns posted:

yes and also gameplay wise it involves a lot of flying around in a fragile hovertank which SUCKS

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Autistic people are like computers so you can plug them into a computer and have them communicate with it like a USB drive. I write for Bioware

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played the first Mass Effect for like 2 hours and 90% of it was spent in the first hub area talking to everyone and it bored the poo poo out of me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Autistic people are like computers so you can plug them into a computer and have them communicate with it like a USB drive. I write for Bioware

neurotypicalmancer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the illusive man shut down project overlord for being ableist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i didn't follow any of the marketing so i did the leo point when i realized the illusive man was famous actor

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
the best rpg of all time is final fantasy tactics

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

lobster shirt posted:

yes and also gameplay wise it involves a lot of flying around in a fragile hovertank which SUCKS

this was the thing that made me bounce off of mass effect 2 actually

i did omega, started the hovertank thing, and just put it down and never went back to it lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter is a very underrated RPG I think

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

the best rpg of all time is final fantasy tactics

its very good

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lobster shirt posted:

the hammerhead sucks poo poo, mako for life

edit: can confirm that being autistic gives us a unique ability to communicate with computers and computer-based lifeforms

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
the big terminator baby at the end of me2 is pretty funny but that's about all I'll say for it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also lol @ how bioware refused to ever make any of the male characters people actually like gay/bi and instead introduced that one guy that absolutely no one likes just to say there was a gay option

it is probably true that gamers would riot if garrus, space batman, could be homo but idk if the same was true of thane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I would riot...... in joy.