Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

please sir its rwordo vox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

speng31b posted:

please sir its rwordo vox

somebody recommended him because he was going to backseat mod anyways. standards!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
we should have the media newsroom thread in cspam and let willa and discendo IK it as an independent fiefdom

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

im glad im only bipolar or something

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

we have achieved normality

my greatest wish & desires...achieved....

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

brood war is way more fun to watch than sc2 and it's not even close

i agree with one caveat: the first season of the GSL, the open league, was the most exciting gaming i've ever watched. had a bunch of weirdo foreigners, iconic korean pros, etc. just awesome poo poo.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

drat D&D really misses the crazy rich nazi loving Baltic mod lol. Good morning posting indeed

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

DaysBefore posted:

drat D&D really misses the crazy rich nazi loving Baltic mod lol. Good morning posting indeed

so do you

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DaysBefore posted:

They are all very stupid little fascists

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I loved the little speech about how he was a horrible little biased dickhead but the thread got a very High 'quality rating'

What in the gently caress

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

They are all very stupid little fascists

this!!!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yeah I loved the little speech about how he was a horrible little biased dickhead but the thread got a very High 'quality rating'

What in the gently caress

If you hit your kpis you hit your kpis

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My thoughts on Cincinnati are as follows. The mustache man’s speeches are being converted to English with AI from right before WWII and they’re nothing like what we were told they were. I wonder if that’s one of the reason the financial world is going crazy. Who would have guessed AI would one day exist to translate the figure all of the worlds problems were blamed on. Super interesting stuff. As a WWII history major I had no idea what Mr mustache was actually saying. It’s wild. It appears he didn’t want to go to war and was chastising other countries for not helping the J’s and that Germany didn’t have the resources to keep receiving migrants.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sure he moderated based on grudges and enforced a single line of thought in the thread, removing both the debate and discussion aspect, but hell, it was a great place to cheerlead and mindlessly repeat state propaganda and there aren't enough places like that on the internet

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

*grumbling* Cinci would have let me post isreali state news and call Muslims cockroaches.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 12:40 on Mar 12, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Played some dice throne last night. It was pretty fun.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol remembered cincis ban me in YOSPOS

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol remembered cincis ban me in YOSPOS

Trying to save your eyesight from that hideous stylesheet

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cinci zoo sniper posted:

for a canonical reading, please flip on greenpos and put the following song on in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNc95hq5hwY

code:
===== qcs psa =====
so, i've been named in a few qcs stories in recent days, and would like to set the record straight for those who are interested in reading

1) statistics post in the jeff guidelines thread

featuring the forbidden crime of ~using microsoft excel~, it was a poorly written, terse post that defended the people whose head it went over, by large, who ironically then tried executing me for it. i had admitted as much, posting whole 6 clarifications for it in the thread, but the illustrious moderation of qcs still saw me likened to a serial transphobe for doing maths, going into a subsequent crescendo of this being equated to Radia getting doxxed. without these nuclear comparisons seeking to drive me off the website, we could've talked more about it.

2) Lady Radia getting doxxed by freeasinbeer

this was hosed up, but also in no way am I going to assume responsiblity for a crazy moron posting a screenshot of their conversation with Radia, that featured personally identifying information of Radia.

3) Lib and let die's alt account being connected to their main account

correct, i did name in a post their alt as LALD to inform the d&d feedback thread they were making GBS threads up of whom exactly the thread is dealing with. now, this has a lot of exotic rumours floating about it, as is par for the course when qcs moves into the phase of killing someone as a poster, which admins usually avoid moderating. Fritz tried, bless their hooves, and got burned for it by the same rubbish, when it should've been multiple senior admins, or just a closed thread.

but i digress, and would like to instead address a few increasingly popular, libellous rumours, in an effort to clear the account of other modmins on this subject. for clarity of reference, lald got doxxed in autumn 2022, and registered the alt account after getting banned in cccc, mid-march 2023. so:

mods can see ip addresses - false, only admins can
lald had made anti-doxxing arrangements with admins - false, admins can clarify this further
i edited the autoban before gassing - false, here's proof that mod edits carry over
admins told me that the poster was lald - false, it was ordinary deduction

to prove the latter, which is standard fare for modding hot d&d threads, here's the logic. inevitably, the first point does name the account again, but the identity of it is already public knowledge, and this doesn't add any further information to my call-out, which lald had then confirmed from their alt account.

to be fully clear, i feel no remorse about flagging lald's behaviour publicly for the feedback thread. the point i'm making here is that this disclosure required no effort and was something I could do alone, as lald is a dim poster with unmistakeable grudes and posting patterns, like the permabanned sexpig

also, to be fully clear, i am not enjoying any modmin support on my interaction with lald, and have already been demodded for it accordingly, with a side dish of attracting attention with (1) used in the reasoning

code:
===== message to the dnd ukraine thread =====
it's been a great ride, and administrating a charitity drive of $45k to people suffering immensely will unmistakeably be the high point of my life as a poster. in general, thread has a++ reputation on the mod forum, and largely self-regulates, so i trust that it can sustain itself without external influence.

external influence is a problem, however. as seen in qcs, politics-based tensions are running quite high, and i was the sole outspoken advocate for ukraine threads remaining in mod forum, since Kit's demodding. multiple modmins have specific aspersions for ukraine discourse on sa, rooted in ther disinterest in putting the effort into moderating it well, so it may get ugly.

ugly as in you may have post in qcs. as seen by the bm thread, qcs threads have real influence, but as seen by the same thread, the violent content posting thread, and the jeff thread, it's also no longer a meaningful improvement over the old "kill or be killed" qcs. my suggestion is to just repeat the same point politely and repeatedly, if it comes to it, without making political accusations against anyone.

at least i can rest easy in that i'd like to think i've meaningfully contributed to quite a few massive pieces of poo poo getting permanently ejected from the website for their derangement over ukraine

also, to address the lore over how i got modded, resigned, and volunteered to mod again

getting modded - assorted modmins wanted to overrule me and let pegleg post freely, so i took the star to get access to mod forum and yell at them, dropping multiple pages long post on landing. stayed because some problem posters were immune to sixers, when ultimately it turned out that hardly anyone is immune to being knocked offline for a day+

stepping down - almost burnt out with the dubmass idea to write summaries, which made me reflect on the thread, well, being calm

getting re-modded - admins tried making GBS threads the the thread up again by just closing the gbs ukraine thread without warning even gbs mods, instead of banning long-known pieces of poo poo

basically, this loops back to the ugly bit - no old admin is interested in understanding or moderating politics discourse on sa. the same gbs thread closure could've been, e.g., averted by admins having a functional review process in place, and spotting early that there are problem posters who Kit did not ramp as harsh as the mod forum consensus would likely have these posters be ramped.

code:
===== closure =====
my posting persona at this point is quite toxic, meaning that yet another time qcs hooting and hollering reigns triumphant. coincidentally, i mean to cease posting on sa, in particular to avoid attracting undue attention to the thread i would care posting in the most, the bookmark-browsing j4g that i am.

however, it's also fair to see admins interested in having me gone from the website, since my interaction with lald may have consequences regardless of my intent, admins' inability to properly inform lald of available recourse, and lald's inability to refrain from throwing tantrums against discendo vox and their many other forums enemies from d&d. further reviews of punishment have similarly happened before anywya

all in all, as with my modding term, this comes ironically short to an anniversary. would-be 1 year of modding when ir resigned the first time, and would-be 10 years of posting on sa. it's been a fun ride, and i'll definitely miss my favourite threads - d&d ukraine because the plight of ukrainian people is close to my heart, d&d chat thread where i could discuss food with like-minded gourmands, yospos terrible programming thread for teaching me a lot about my job, and yospos apple thread because friends don't let friends use a anroid. also big thanks to the photo forum for showing me how to buy a used camera in europe, saving me half a grand.

without further ado,
yospos bithc

ps. you can find me here if i'm further necessary

pps. i think docbeard and pog senator are good sad iks. the pink rear end goon too is decent enough. lmao @ everyone else "moderating" it tho, in particular the admin team with reservation made for no one but Fluffdaddy, Fritz, and the sex ghost, who all do care about it being something more than what late QCS was

ppps. ukraine thread posters with lego and barbie avatars, sorry. i was counter-whaling whoever was the piece of poo poo spamming thread with red texts at the time, out of my pocket, and the "free forums avatars" gallery i was copy-pasting everything from to beat the hooligan on the clock had the most insane mix of things possible

pppps. feedback to jeff, in addition to dismal opinion on moderation in sad – your inability to take firm stances on timelines shorter than "years" will keep causing issues, since people will abuse it. also, it's kind-of cringe to have mods come into mod qcs making GBS threads their pants because they got anxiety from reading sad and want to repost some goon telephone crap

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

not even a year old

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

DaysBefore posted:

he made the derails run on time

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
lald is a dim poster with unmistakeable grudes and posting patterns,

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that is also me, solidarity

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Goa Tse-tung posted:

grudes?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

"counter-whaling" is a heck of a phrase

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this mf said grudes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Latvian oligarch throwing a tantrum his money couldn't buy him immunity here.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Srice posted:

that's how whales fight back against whalers

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Goa Tse-tung posted:

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

lobster shirt posted:

not even a year old

Best mod speech I've seen yet. Love how insanely hosed up in the head the war thread posters are

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

DaysBefore posted:

Best mod speech I've seen yet. Love how insanely hosed up in the head the war thread posters are

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

cinci called pog boyfriend "pog senator" which is the most anyone from D&D has ever made me laugh or will ever

cinci also called me a good IK which is proof he's absolutely deranged and should never be allowed the merest hint of power on these forums ever again

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

docbeard posted:

cinci called pog boyfriend "pog senator"

:dafuq:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

lald fries eggs in his own grease

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

guy got paid so much to do nothing all day that he dropped $5000 on Azov controlled 'charities' like it was spare change

he knew what he was

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

pog senator is his greatest legacy...

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
dont gently caress with this pog senator

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

did anybody say "pawg senator" yet

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Senator, I served with a pawg. I knew a pawg. A pawg was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no pawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

DaysBefore posted:

looking at the lepers colony i just discovered a guy who has numerous rap sheet entries lusting for orc death and seems to, at present, exclusively post in the gbs ukraine and trump threads. dire situation...