Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The Princess is fine, the King is fine, the Queen is fine, the Prince is fine and not drunk all the time, the King's brother is not a paedophile he is fine. Please stop this cruel and baseless speculation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

grobbo posted:

Releasing a handpicked photo of the back of her head in a stationary car remains just the funniest decision you could possibly make from a crisis comms perspective.

"Yes, this should calm things down."

In the end the only way to solve this will be proof of life video with her holding today copy of the daily mail.
Ha Ha, nope, it's going to be "its a body double" for the next 40 years of her life.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Look, she's in perfect health. Here's a video we took today of Kate going for a run in the countryside

*grainy footage of human-like figure clambering through the woods*

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mega Comrade posted:

Seems pretty clear to me it's just a women recovering from surgery who wants a little privacy while she heals. But no , country has to go all frothy mouthed about it.

Should have quit while your were ahead

As much as I find this story painfully uninteresting, she married into this poo poo after growing up in this country, knowing full well what that entails. It's like joining the circus only to complain that there's some clowns around.

In a country utterly obsessed with celebrity, the Windsors are the biggest celebs we have. Again, my eyes glaze over at this poo poo & I'm dying for the thread to find something new to obsess over (or even old. Favourite Monster Munch flavour anyone? I say they are all rubbish), but the Windsors signed an unwritten pact with the media in which they get to rake in loads of taxpayers money & live in cushy buildings built by taxpayer money on estates that are a grotesque holdover of feudalism & really should be appropriated into public ownership and in exchange the papers get to fill their pages with this shite. We're not talking about Denise from number 34, this poo poo is part of the job. If she doesn't like it I'm sure William can step out of the line of succession & they can move to Chipping Norton to live around other well-to-do psychos in relative quiet.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
And here she is doing some wild swimming

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It looks like Boris is coming back :toot:
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1767281106611572882

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

As much as I find this story painfully uninteresting

Weirdly this is the literally only time I've been remotely interested in anything the royals are doing. The longer this hilariously bungled PR attempt continues the less convinced I am that the truth is something mundane like "she wants privacy after operation".

If Kate is alive / conscious / cooperative they could easily have drawn a line under this weeks ago. Now each new headline or tweet has people guessing like it's the country's largest game of Cluedo.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

forkboy84 posted:

As much as I find this story painfully uninteresting, she married into this poo poo after growing up in this country, knowing full well what that entails. It's like joining the circus only to complain that there's some clowns around.

In a country utterly obsessed with celebrity, the Windsors are the biggest celebs we have. Again, my eyes glaze over at this poo poo & I'm dying for the thread to find something new to obsess over (or even old. Favourite Monster Munch flavour anyone? I say they are all rubbish), but the Windsors signed an unwritten pact with the media in which they get to rake in loads of taxpayers money & live in cushy buildings built by taxpayer money on estates that are a grotesque holdover of feudalism & really should be appropriated into public ownership and in exchange the papers get to fill their pages with this shite. We're not talking about Denise from number 34, this poo poo is part of the job. If she doesn't like it I'm sure William can step out of the line of succession & they can move to Chipping Norton to live around other well-to-do psychos in relative quiet.

Do you feel the same about all celebrities or just the Royals?

As much as I detest the institution, they are just celebrities at the end of the day, just with more pomp. And if it was some actress being hounded while recovering id feel sympathy for them so feel I should give it here too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The twitter hivemind is currently pointing out the strange different bricks in the newest photo. I hadn't noticed that before:

This conspiracies aren't going to be disappearing anytime soon

e: And there are new ones springing up
https://twitter.com/ashleythetexan/status/1767370500169146672

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 12, 2024

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Mega Comrade posted:

As much as I detest the institution, they are just celebrities at the end of the day, just with more pomp. And if it was some actress being hounded while recovering id feel sympathy for them so feel I should give it here too.

They are not.

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
Until the true weirdos get their hooks into it and blame (((them))), the Kate stuff is just funny and the Palace's inability to lower themselves and just be straight is entertaining

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
Oh, also RIP are Kate :(

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Entertainment-wise this is the best value for money these parasites have been for years and I hope they continue releasing bizarre photos for weeks to come.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Apparently Boris isn't coming back :toot:

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1767458756500062373

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Mega Comrade posted:

Seems pretty clear to me it's just a women recovering from surgery who wants a little privacy while she heals. But no , country has to go all frothy mouthed about it.
Her job is to get pictures of her taken for boring royal events. If people notice she isn't doing it, ask questions, and get a bit weird when the answers are lies then that makes sense to me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mega Comrade posted:

They are celebrities who we foot the bill for, who live in the lap of luxury based on feudal principles & like it or not they represent this country globally. So no, I don't really think it's the same as some random actress. Which would be equally as dull but at least that actress has a real job. This poo poo IS Catherine's job. She's not doing it. Would I want to do it? No, but then I didn't choose to go to the university that William was at with the explicit purpose of marrying into this grotesque institution :shrug: I don't get to live in Kensington Palace

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 12, 2024

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Hester's fake apology got community noted:
https://twitter.com/HesterObe/status/1767248542651781271

Also relevant:
https://twitter.com/ClaudiaWebbe/status/1767460463866990622

It looks like the press are simply going to let this story die off. Can you imagine the headlines if a Labour donor had said the same?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Need a welfare check, calling the police to report suspicious man in big house whose wife hasn't been seen for 3 months who was caught faking photos of her.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
They're not just celebrities though, they're an integral part of government (or will be when Wills is King probably later this year).
Didn't Brenda get the royals excluded from bits of new laws that would affect them?

I think this is why a lot of us who don't give a flying fig about the royal family generally speaking are interested in this particular item because it's hopefully bringing it to the attention of the Great Unwashed bowers & scrapers that they (the royal family) aren't 'honest brokers' (for want of a better phrase) and are not owed deference from we the people.

And why exactly did the Independent choose yesterday to do a feature on Rose 'Peggy' Hanbury?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
And honestly we could get much more bang for our buck if we replaced them with actors. We could hire new kings, queens and princesses at a fraction of the cost and get them to do the tours of the palaces for the tourists.

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
There was also this article https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/royal-family/sarah-rose-hanbury-duchess-cholmondeley-william-kate-b2510472.html which sort of feels like a soft-launch of the mistress.

I have no stake in the royals and generally think the entire institution should be binned, but from a "weird PR" perspective I'm very intrigued. If they just said "Very serious unexpected illness, please respect her privacy at this time" it'd be less weird, but they haven't. They're saying she's totally fine, laughing too, just out of frame.

Mysterious ambulance that nobody reported in December, then nobody's seen her or her kids or parents since? "Planned" abdominal surgery that required cancelling of royal appointments? Her husband visited her one time in hospital and her parents/kids didn't visit at all? She was made up and dressed for a photo op within a few hours of giving birth every time she had a kid but there's been no generic puff pics of ARE BRAVE PRINCESS KATE LOOK HOW STRONG SHE IS at all for ages? Then releasing a photo "taken by william" that just so happens to perfectly line up with a magazine cover and have some dodgy photoshop work on it?

Given that the press managed to get Charles on record saying he wanted to be Camilla's tampon and the photos they managed to get of Phillip in his car looking like a Fallout ghoul, it's incredible that they've not managed a particularly convincing sneak shot of Kate at all in three months. General vibes of "she's unable or unwilling to do photo ops".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah they're celebrities who enjoy a significant legal immunity, are related to the head of state, get a pulpit for their pet causes in public, exercise soft power behind the scenes, and regularly come out with poo poo about being blessed by the true protestant god.

Trump Family tier celebrities.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I didn't give a poo poo about this story when it was a 'where's arr Kate gone?' conspiracy but now the story is 'the Palace is really loving bad at covering up a conspiracy' and that's hilarious

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The Royals are just a mafia family with hardcoded legal protections from laws and consequences. They are in the position they are because their ancestors were violent murderous thugs. While the public purse is paying for them and protecting them, and while they still have a huge influence on how this country is run, I'm going to be squeezing every drop of entertainment value out of the parasites.

Does that make me a ghoul? Probably... but far less of a ghoul than a Royal.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Mar 12, 2024

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:hmmyes:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
It’s also notable that no royals have publicly wished her well which is very much standard procedure for poorly royals.

Let’s not jump through hoops to justify our interest in this, it’s a quality bit of gossip. It’s this year’s Wagatha Christie

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/KaindeB/status/1767392062813381002

So they've been photoshopping royals into pictures for a while

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I question your use of "quality".

It's incredibly loving stupid but atleast it's "news" that has no consequences I guess.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

So they've been photoshopping royals into pictures for a while
If this stunt results in a complete loss of confidence in the truthfulness of any of their press releases then :lol:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This sort of thing was always going to eventually come to a head, it's something you can't really hide in an informed world where misinformation on social media is a genuine weapon.

The hill they've chosen to die on, when they could very easily dispel any sort of this theorising if all is infact okay, is fascinating.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bessantj posted:

Very cunning of the woke left to travel back in time and do this. Powerful, powerful people.

loving Woke Thatcher, trans-ing the state so we can't even fight against the Asiatic CIS.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

When the Duke was at death's door, the palace ok'd this shot to be set up and released

Compare the detail in this shot to the three 'proof of life' pics of Kate

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/McookAli/status/1767479321378066548

I guess direct racism can be excused if there's £10m of donations involved. Hester received a £500m+ NHS contract in return...

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Frankly I don't give a poo poo about the Katespiracy, but I am amused by the circus.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
There's a fun timeline here that has me pretty :tinfoil: fully kate pilled, she's dead, weekend at bernies rear end family.

https://www.niemanlab.org/2024/03/t...t-in-the-media/

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Rarity posted:

I didn't give a poo poo about this story when it was a 'where's arr Kate gone?' conspiracy but now the story is 'the Palace is really loving bad at covering up a conspiracy' and that's hilarious

this

also the royal family aren't human so who cares lol

e: another potential is kate IS just recovering from an unremarkable surgery and is deliberately loving around with the public and having a blast doing it, in which case fair fucks to her

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

fuctifino posted:

When the Duke was at death's door, the palace ok'd this shot to be set up and released

Compare the detail in this shot to the three 'proof of life' pics of Kate

Still not sure if he can see the other side or has already crossed and is looking back at us, lmao

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Here is a good reason to care (if she is alive):

There is currently a woman being held against her will by the state and no-one is willing or able to investigate this. At best she is being coerced into going along with her imprisonment.

If this can happen to someone so public how on earth can we say this country is safe for women?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Those are obviously not from the same angles.

Also, its one thing photoshopping a pic of your own, but how are they getting papparazi pics to gently caress about with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

e: ^^^ I don't believe that tweet btw. I just wanted to point out that new conspiracies are springing up all over now

Nuclear Spoon posted:

e: another potential is kate IS just recovering from an unremarkable surgery and is deliberately loving around with the public and having a blast doing it, in which case fair fucks to her

The family wouldn't allow her to do that, as she's just a breeding mare in their eyes. If she could have been wheeled out for a posed shot, she would have been. Even the Queen wasn't immune from such shots during her last few months.

Something happened on the 28th December, and she's not been seen alive in public since.
https://twitter.com/RVdajdynCrclemN/status/1740445907039277552

Each failed attempt by Kensington Palace to pretend that everything's ok just adds more fuel to the bonfire. The palace could stop all of this conspiracy talk in an instant by driving a car past some paps, like they pretended to do for those two supposed car shots of her.

She's either dead, in a coma, a prisoner, and/or her face is in a state that can't be photographed. If it was something simple like her leaving him, then the international paps would be on her tail just like they were when Diana left Charles.

notaspy posted:

Here is a good reason to care (if she is alive):

There is currently a woman being held against her will by the state and no-one is willing or able to investigate this. At best she is being coerced into going along with her imprisonment.

If this can happen to someone so public how on earth can we say this country is safe for women?

^^^ This is a really important and valid point.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Mar 12, 2024