Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

veni veni veni posted:

In shadow of Chornobyl, does anyone know how to get past the electrical anomalies in the sewers under “the garbage”? (What a great name for an area in a game) throwing a bolt or running seems to do nothing.

This sounds like Agroprom underground, but if there’s an electrical tunnel right after you fought some bandits you’ll find yourself on the other end of it while exploring. So i think it’s, at best, a shortcut to the other side of the underground facility.

Edit:
The best way to get past electrical anomalies in general is to find artifacts that up your electrical resistance.

iirc in SoC you can stack electric resist artifacts to the point that, instead of hurting you, anomalies just charge your electrical devices

moller fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Thinking about replaying the first 2 metro games. They’re pretty cool

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Don't think. Feel.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
For fans of the greatest 360 game, apparently Digital Eclipse is doing a Jeff Minter collection in the style of Atari 50/Making of Karateka, and it's out Wednesday. Hype!

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I hope they include "Grid runner++: Arses on Fire" just so that more players can get to hear a bunch of people shout "Minter you oval office" when you run out of lives.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

welcome posted:

For fans of the greatest 360 game, apparently Digital Eclipse is doing a Jeff Minter collection in the style of Atari 50/Making of Karateka, and it's out Wednesday. Hype!

Ow my temples

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

Thinking about replaying the first 2 metro games. They’re pretty cool

I’m doing the same on steam deck right now while I play stalker on console. Amazing games. The third one is the best though, exodus is god tier. Like probably in my top ten games of all time.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

welcome posted:

Got this downloaded and ready to fire up at whatever ungodly hour the switch flips on. The Atari 50 and Karateka collections are pure gold.

I've still got an iPad 3 sitting here for the sole purpose of playing the old Llamasoft iOS games. This is my GOTY and it's not even out yet.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1767256756336357505

Someone needs to put this sick freak out of his misery... in RTX modded Minecraft.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Immortals of Aveum : Deluxe Edition is 9 bucks for the next 24 hours.

Worth it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Not on console no. The performance is complete rear end.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

just play the games bro

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

Someone needs to put this sick freak out of his misery... in RTX modded Minecraft.

I understand almost nothing in that Tweet.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I’m doing the same on steam deck right now while I play stalker on console. Amazing games. The third one is the best though, exodus is god tier. Like probably in my top ten games of all time.

I feel the opposite. Exodus is a fantastic game, but I love the tunnels and stations and weird mystical business with Kahn that Exodus loses. God tier trilogy

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

American McGay posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1767415820982833558

Price error and their email system is currently on fire but grab it if you want and hey maybe you'll get lucky.

edit delisted already get owned slowpokes

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tsietisin posted:

I hope they include "Grid runner++: Arses on Fire" just so that more players can get to hear a bunch of people shout "Minter you oval office" when you run out of lives.
Sadly it doesn't have the pocket pc stuff, but that's all free to download on pc if you want to play a mspaint-graphics lawnmowing arcade game where half the sound effects are profanities in a regional accent.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Dumb question: I get the daily desktop Bing Rewards searches at work on my break. This week I was migrated from Windows 10 to Ubuntu 22. I installed Edge but the searches don't seem to give any points, and my total points is showing as '3' on Bing, while the Rewards screen shows the correct 8000+.

Has anyone run into this?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Maybe Phil knows you switched to Linux.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
why the gently caress is NBA 2K24 demanding 175gb of storage space to install

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

webmeister posted:

lebron's forehead

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

webmeister posted:

The game is actually that big even on Series S, no idea why, although I think on the Xbox One versions it’s more like 110 gigs.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

My girlfriend bought me Avatar and it's probably the best Far Cry game since 4. They really did a great job with creating some new mechanics that make the whole "native" thing seem woven into the gameplay loop.

I'm not even crazy about the lore of the movies (I think they're pretty) but its setting is wild. The environment is hella impressive and, again, they do a stellar job of making it a part of who you are.

It's Ubisoft so grab it on sale but I like it.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Beastie posted:

My girlfriend bought me Avatar and it's probably the best Far Cry game since 4. They really did a great job with creating some new mechanics that make the whole "native" thing seem woven into the gameplay loop.

I'm not even crazy about the lore of the movies (I think they're pretty) but its setting is wild. The environment is hella impressive and, again, they do a stellar job of making it a part of who you are.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised it didn't manage to gain any popularity because it wasn't bad at all.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I really wish they didn't use ray tracing for the water in that Avatar game. It looks soooo poo poo. It's really distracting. ah well

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It being $70 just seemed insane. I guess you can also subscribe to that Ubisoft+ thing, but, you know... no.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

webmeister posted:

Lazy devs

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Martman posted:

It being $70 just seemed insane. I guess you can also subscribe to that Ubisoft+ thing, but, you know... no.

Having played the most recent FarCry and second most recent Assassins Creed by just waiting for them to turn up on Game Pass, I would strongly advise patience.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

kri kri posted:

Lazy devs

played via cloud instead, and it looks like a PS4 game, wtf
how do they sell so many of these every year

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

webmeister posted:

played via cloud instead, and it looks like a PS4 game, wtf
how do they sell so many of these every year

Well yeah, you're playing via xCloud which is capped at 1080p.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Nba2k is the worst major sports game. I say this as someone who's played a lot of fifa which sucks.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
2K is also the only game in town for us basketball fans too, but with the storage space, microtransactions and the eternal backlog, I don't play it as often anymore. I wish NBA Live would come back. The last couple of them at least were good.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I could go for a new iteration of nba jam.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
On Fire edition is back compat and has the Kobe/Pau Lakers. It’s literally perfect.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Nba2k is the worst major sports game. I say this as someone who's played a lot of fifa which sucks.

There are no good sports games anymore, which is super unfortunate.

But the best of the bad sports games, The Show comes out next week! And of course it's Game Pass.

And you can be a lady in Road to the Show! I cannot express how embarrassingly happy that makes me.

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

No good sports games, but apparently the latest SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT game is actually good, after some major doozies over the last few years. I am intrigued, as somebody who loved No Mercy and the early Smackdowns.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Couple of dumb Shadow of Chernobyl questions, since a few of you guys in here seem to have played a bunch.

1.The equipped weapons slots seem to have a certain amount of useable space in the grid, but as far as I can tell it's just pistol/primary. Is there actually some way to equip say, a shotgun or SMG as my secondary? Or is that visual space in the inventory just superficial?

2. Is it ever worth buying weapons? That barkeep dude has some sick looking guns, but they don't actually use ammo I'm currently finding lying around the world, so I figure I'd just run out and be sol. Guess I'm wondering if any of the sold guns are unique or if those are just guns that will be lying all over the ground in a couple of hours. Currently I'm thinking it's probably best to just save my cash to replace my Stalker suits after they degrade.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

webmeister posted:

Yeah I love me some NBA 2K, was really excited to see 2k24 on Game Pass, and I downloaded it regardless, but holy poo poo why does it need to be this big?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

Its UBISofts best game in quite awhile. It was really good on PC too. I actually compare it more to Crysis because you have essentially super human strength and powers that are similar to some of the gameplay mechanics in that series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I said come in! posted:

Its UBISofts best game in quite awhile.

That doesn't look like the new Prince of Persia, but I guess it may be Ubisoft's second best game in quite a while.