Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

loquacius posted:

I absolutely am lol

Tatum's attitude of late that he's just another guy on the court and can step aside for Jaylen or KP if they have it going is great if/when they do have it going but he needs to be able to step back in and lead the team if they don't or if it's not enough (since Jaylen did in fact have it going against the Nugs but we lost anyway) because in the playoffs all it takes is a couple slips for everything to go off the rails as we've seen repeatedly

but it's still the middle of the regular season after a ridiculous February performance and the sky isn't falling yet

yah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

loquacius posted:

rudy is right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

eventually Jimmy butler will retire and then the Celtics have a window

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tatum has bad vibes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

euphronius posted:

eventually Jimmy butler will retire and then the Celtics have a window

Hey now we beat him one time of three :colbert:

Heat fans act like they're the biggest spoilers ever for that and conveniently forget what happened to them afterwards

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

loquacius posted:

Hey now we beat him one time of three :colbert:

Heat fans act like they're the biggest spoilers ever for that and conveniently forget what happened to them afterwards

thats heat culture baybee!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

loquacius posted:

I absolutely am lol

Tatum's attitude of late that he's just another guy on the court and can step aside for Jaylen or KP if they have it going is great if/when they do have it going but he needs to be able to step back in and lead the team if they don't or if it's not enough (since Jaylen did in fact have it going against the Nugs but we lost anyway) because in the playoffs all it takes is a couple slips for everything to go off the rails as we've seen repeatedly

but it's still the middle of the regular season after a ridiculous February performance and the sky isn't falling yet

Tatum has LeBron disease and needs to get bit by the mamba

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

indigi posted:

Tatum has LeBron disease and needs to get bit by the mamba
These both sound pretty terrible ngl

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

I absolutely am lol

I just can't make myself believe in this era of Celtic teams no matter how good they look in the regular season. Once they prove they can win it all I'll come around but they haven't yet and should've more than once. It's hard to deny how good they look though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as long as porzingus is healthy they should be good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I just can't make myself believe in this era of Celtic teams no matter how good they look in the regular season. Once they prove they can win it all I'll come around but they haven't yet and should've more than once. It's hard to deny how good they look though.

idk the only year they looked like they should have was 2022, and even that year they were pretty bad until the all star break. plus the team is almost totally different than it was in that year

last year they shoulda made the finals but im not sure they would have won

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

like, this is the first year since 2008 that the celtics are the "best" regular season team

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

fart simpson posted:

like, this is the first year since 2008 that the celtics are the "best" regular season team

you don't want to be the best anyway, big loser energy. not since KD Warriors has that team won. maybe it's time for a scheduled injury or two to get your team some scrap, grit, and "they didn't believe in us" mentality?

worked for PATRICK MAHOMES of the KAN CHIEFS, who has won two consecutive league championships on the back of "Nobody thought we could win."

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

dam. since embiid went down, theres been on average 5 fewer free throw attempts per game across the entire nba

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

fart simpson posted:

dam. since embiid went down, theres been on average 5 fewer free throw attempts per game across the entire nba

Unfair to pin that all on Embiid tbh

Maybe two thirds Embiid injury one third Trae injury

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I haven’t watched a game since so I’ll have to take your word for it fart

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

we need to flatten the curve

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

your methodist healthcare assist

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

american tv is wild

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knicks are smoking the suxers. Get owned.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

fart simpson posted:

breathtaking

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

mamu!

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

In Training posted:

Knicks are smoking the suxers. Get owned.

i was at the game the other night where both teams stank up the joint and now watching this i'm mad

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

minnesover

minneso back

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

and then rudy leaves the game clutching his chest cool

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Kings beat the absolute poo poo out of the Bucks. First win against Milwaukee in 8 years!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

Kings beat the absolute poo poo out of the Bucks. First win against Milwaukee in 8 years!!!

hell yeah

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

and then rudy leaves the game clutching his chest cool
covid-24 discovered

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tatum needed a 38-point game I think. Had been a while. Thanks Jazz :unsmith:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I am going to self immolate outside the Fiserv Forum in order to get Doc Rivers fired.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

30 point streak fraud

https://twitter.com/kyriemavs/status/1767784951473172862

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1767980405838287031

1 game outside top 6 in east

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Joker's Nuggets (tied atop West record-wise) face Jimmy's Heat (also a basketball team) tonight on ESPN!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd like to see Joker's nuts face Jimmy's meat

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

jimmy and bam seem cool but i hate the heat

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

same. also Spo seems cool. waited to sign an extension til after he filed them papers

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Jimmy seems like he's got that Jordan-level competitive thing that makes him unpleasant to be around on any significant timescale. Maybe he's chill though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope LeBron retires on the heat to piss off Ohioans

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

knowing the nba butler will be out tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

euphronius posted:

knowing the nba butler will be out tonight