Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BrewingTea posted:

Maybe I'm just dumb, but if there's another level that opens up once you run around Eyrie of Crows like Good Will Hunting memorizing every tile, "There's a 4-lane jungle gym T&L Z-wall" blah blah blah

Well I'm just going to have to stay down here with the newbies who run Windows of Opportunity because Jesus Christ my brain only has so much RAM...

Yyyyyep. I can barely remember where generators/basements are and I certainly can't remember totem placements, learning tiles is just right out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Why would you need to memorize generator placement you can just see them through walls???

oh right.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Relyssa posted:

Yyyyyep. I can barely remember where generators/basements are and I certainly can't remember totem placements, learning tiles is just right out.

Don't worry, it gets better!

Narrator - It in fact does not get better

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Killer tunnels someone out immediately (and I mean hard tunnel, we did everything we could to get his attention and he was laser focused on this person), takes what feels like an eternity to kill the rest of us, has the audacity to say 'ez' in postgame chat.

gently caress you, person I just went against.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Yesterday I went against a Bubba with Knockout who got a 4k without ever hooking anyone.

I hate Knockout so much. It's only ever used by lovely people like this.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I was thinking about whoever said they were going to use Distortion to counter all the killers using Territorial Imperative tomorrow and realized.... It really doesn't matter if the killer can't see your aura since they'll know someone's in the basement from the perk lighting up anyway

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It will at least warn the survivor that the killer is running it, and hide their scratch marks when they get out of there.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

DeathChicken posted:

Same reason I can't be arsed to learn Blight when it requires memorizing which tiles on every map will bounce you and which tiles are glitched to send you flying off like Team Rocket

I just play Wesker on inside map (I get Racoon City a lot surprisingly) and steal a kill in the endgame with NOED

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

I was thinking about whoever said they were going to use Distortion to counter all the killers using Territorial Imperative tomorrow and realized.... It really doesn't matter if the killer can't see your aura since they'll know someone's in the basement from the perk lighting up anyway

That's a point I hadn't considered. Distortion will at least give a heads up that they'll be going in that direction.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

First game of the night, p20 skull merchant hard tunnelling me and waiting out BT.

didn't even wait about, I just left.

Every night this week I've gone up against a skull merchant, it seems she's back in rotation and with one exception, they're ALL playing mean.

with the ways game are going atm, I might be pivotting to killer for a bit, let's see how the next few games go.

e: game 2, billy
e2: cheryl killing herself to 2nd phase, then off hook runs to the killer

tithin fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 12, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Having a think on what perks I'll be running when Sable releases. I'll absolutely be running SiS, will experiment with Wicked, but I'm very torn on the invocation. I exclusively play solo queue when I play survivor, but also it could be good in a few situations? If you're already on death hook and are not the best at looping/stalling it could be a good hail mary play.

I dunno. What do you guys think about these perks?

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 12, 2024

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
It might not be a good move to use the invocation right away, territorial aside it might make the killers first patrol stop the basement.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Comfortador posted:

It might not be a good move to use the invocation right away, territorial aside it might make the killers first patrol stop the basement.

Oh for sure. I'm not too concerned with things right after release as that will be a chaotic mess for a while. I meant after things have settled down and I look to experiment with builds again. I'm still not the best at looping so being able to basically sacrifice myself for bnp on the remaining gens could be useful.

Also I definitely would not use the invocation right at the start of the game. No mither with none of the upsides does not sound very enticing to me.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Relyssa posted:

Also I definitely would not use the invocation right at the start of the game. No mither with none of the upsides does not sound very enticing to me.

Simply run both Invocation and No Mither :getin:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pyrolocutus posted:

Simply run both Invocation and No Mither :getin:

I'm honestly kinda tempted, not gonna lie. Invocation/No Mither/Resilience/free slot maybe distortion? windows or an exhaustion perk i guess

It wouldn't be very good but it would be hilarious if it worked.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
If you're going for comedy with your No Mither build, consider Plot Twist. Catch a Killer running Corrupt Intervention at the start of the match, hard counter it with Plot Twist + No Mither, then see if you can get a Killer to disconnect in the first minute of the game.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Lonjon posted:

If you're going for comedy with your No Mither build, consider Plot Twist. Catch a Killer running Corrupt Intervention at the start of the match, hard counter it with Plot Twist + No Mither, then see if you can get a Killer to disconnect in the first minute of the game.

oh god yes i forgot about no mither + plot twist

I think I might actually dedicate a build slot to no mither/plot twist/resilience/invocation now, just for when I really feel like memeing. i had someone pull off the no mither plot twist to turn off corrupt on me once and i couldn't even be upset about it, like well fuckin played my man

pharmacy would also be pretty funny, just go around opening all the chests to spawn as many medkits as possible

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Adept Sable on the first try, let's fuckin go

also somehow got Wicked value by running straight to shack and dying and getting hooked in basement anyway

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

(previous stats post)
More stat tracking! I've got some notes.
These stats track from Chucky patch day (7.4.0) to the night before Unknown patch day. (7.5.3) Killer played on NA East, survivor split roughly evenly between East/West (West seemingly gets a lot more survivor bloodpoint incentives, so my Seattle-based friend tends to be party host)

Maps:
Withered Isle offerings were exceptionally high from survivors in the weeks following the PTB. Possibly the strongest indicator I've seen yet that the new map is more balanced than Garden of Joy.
I never saw Coal Tower 1. Not once in 426 games across both roles did I ever see Coal Tower I, despite going to MacMillan Estate 40 times. I'm loving convinced they accidentally took it out.
Survivor-favored map offerings (more than 3 uses+more than 3 uses higher than killers) are MacMillan, Coldwind, Crotus Prenn, Badham, Gideon for some reason, Ormond, Eyrie, Garden of Joy. But we already knew that.
Nobody wanted to go to Lery's, Borgo, Toba, or Nostromo.
Map offerings were seen in roughly 20% of my games. I used maybe one or two of those for an archive.

Killers:
Chucky was inescapable on release, and seemingly vanished completely. These stats track 3 months worth of games, and in the final month I saw a single Chucky.
Literally no Freddy. Not a single one.
Resident Evil continues to occupy the top slots, I think Wesker would be back on top if I took out the first month of data.
Hillbilly jumped in popularity. This one's obvious but his previous pickrate from the 7.2 to 7.3 spreadsheet is 3 times/1.08%.
Killers who jumped up last time because of reworks etc:
Trapper's pickrate is back down to roughly where it was pre-buffs/naughty bear.
Demo's is on par with the other hybrid M1/2 killers now that the return hype is over.
Anti facecamp halved the number of Bubbas I see.

Overall, aside from Freddy, there's a hell of a lot more M1 killers in here than there were in MFT meta. I do wonder what happened to Chucky though. they didn't change him so why did he fall off so hard?
Looking through the version history for the killer page, I last saw Chucky on February 27th. Before that it was January 24th. He was a solid third of my games for 2 months and then completely disappeared.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Twins are being killswitched, affecting no one but me :smith:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The hard choice of deciding if I want to dump my 2mil into Unknown or Sable first...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Twins are being killswitched, affecting no one but me :smith:

Do we have any clue why yet?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Relyssa posted:

For being The Twins.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Relyssa posted:

Charlotte can become permanently hindered. I assume through Champion of Light but it’s DBD so could be because she looked at a specific map asset for 2.37 seconds.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FYI if you subscribe to their newsletter there's a 100k BP code in it if you scroll down a bit.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Wicked gets to live in all of my survivor builds forever, or until they nerf it. Free unhook from basement is nice, 20 seconds of aura read when unhooked anywhere is really nice. Being absolutely certain when it's time to stop being healed under the hook and just hit da bricks is gonna be hard to give up.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

After many games tonight where someone d/c's on first down had a game that seemed to be going good until the killer just lost 3 gens started hard tunneling people one by one. RIP.

e: they are so desperate for a 4k that they have a downed person who can be condemned but they won't finish the job because they'd rather spend 5mins looking for the only other person instead of taking their W.

e2: after the condemed person bled out the final person was able to loop them for the whole timer (because they were trash) and they had the gall to do the killer t-bag on them during the death animation lol.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 12, 2024

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

After many games tonight where someone d/c's on first down had a game that seemed to be going good until the killer just lost 3 gens started hard tunneling people one by one. RIP.

e: they are so desperate for a 4k that they have a downed person who can be condemned but they won't finish the job because they'd rather spend 5mins looking for the only other person instead of taking their W.

e2: after the condemed person bled out the final person was able to loop them for the whole timer (because they were trash) and they had the gall to do the killer t-bag on them during the death animation lol.

Yeah that sounds about right for a killer. It's ridiculous, honestly.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They need to fix tunneling, because tunneling is that powerful and no perk discourages it enough (and most still work just fine after you tunnel someone out).

You can’t fault people for playing smart, and something like empowering survivors as their teammates die encourages people trying instead of inverse showdowns where the last two survivors avoid being caught to try for hatch.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The only real 'fix' I could see to tunneling (besides fundamentally altering how the game works in regard to how survivors are eliminated) would be nerfing gen speeds, since a lot of tunneling boils down to "Killer engages in one chase, loses two gens and goes gently caress it I gotta run someone out now". And they'll never do that, probably justifiably as gens are already boring hold-a-button simulators

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'm so goddamn sick of ultimate weapon. Other than calm spirit does being in a locker prevent you from screaming? I cannot figure out how to counter it...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

DeathChicken posted:

The only real 'fix' I could see to tunneling (besides fundamentally altering how the game works in regard to how survivors are eliminated) would be nerfing gen speeds, since a lot of tunneling boils down to "Killer engages in one chase, loses two gens and goes gently caress it I gotta run someone out now". And they'll never do that, probably justifiably as gens are already boring hold-a-button simulators

That would do nothing to prevent tunneling. It would just make killers have to be more honest that they're doing it because they're sweaty.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The guy sounds like a jerk in victory but "he was down 3 gens so he started forcing kills" seems pretty natural. What other plays do you have with 2 gens left, 8 rotating hooks?

Tunneling can never be vanquished unless there is a hard mechanical disabling put in, literally can't pick up somebody downed after recently hooked. At least their teammates would have to go over and pick them up, I suppose, but it'd really need some core game reworking.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
I'll say this again for the billionth time, unhooking should be pleading with the entity who then consumes the hooked survivor and respawns him randomly some where on the map. Boom. Tunneling solved. The killer can still tunnel if they find the unhooked survivor but good luck with that.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

It'd be nice if killers would stop pretending to let me out for the adept only to down and kill me in the exit gate.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's amazing how unfun and sweaty everything is now. Release day of a new killer and instead I get a Thanatophobia Legion, a Pig that forced head pops through lazy chase, a Billy who bled all four survivors out, and a Pinhead using Lethal Pursuer to trigger a chain hunt right away.

Like, can't people just chill for a bit?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

I was doing insidious basement jumpscare bubba but I was deliberately letting the facecamp trigger and letting them out of the basement. Only other perk I took was Monitor so I could maybe just maybe stealth in there better.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Man I cannot overstate how not worth it the invocation is...

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Cannot understate how tryhard every killer is right now. Hard slugging at 4 gens for a 4k.

Slinger with iri coin camping hooks juuuuuust outside the camping range

Might be done with survivor for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I really wish the anti-tunnel perks were worth a drat. Decisive is a joke, Off The Record is so easy to turn off if you just get hit immediately, etc.