Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Feels like something wild would have to happen/come out for the Pats to trade out. Stranger things have happened, but almost every indication they've given is QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I’m actually ok with signing Tyrod. Thats cool.

Also FA is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1767499238403969087?s=46

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Nosre posted:

Feels like something wild would have to happen/come out for the Pats to trade out. Stranger things have happened, but almost every indication they've given is QB.

I want them to trade out. Draft picks are lottery tickets and the Patriots have so many holes that they might as well grab who they can. One QB isn't going to solve any of the offensive problems.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
IF you think the guy at 3 is your future franchise guy, you just take him, no matter what a shithole your team is. Even when "if" you draft high next year or the year after that you might not have the chance to take That loving Guy again.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I guess what I'm saying is maybe the Patriots don't think Jayden Daniels is 'the guy' and could potentially get a truly goofy amount of picks from a desperate team who does.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the jets play the vikings this season

you know the result

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Also FA is hilarious.

https://twitter.com/albertbreer/status/1767499238403969087?s=46

Knew that the Von Miller contract was bad, but not that bad. Woof.

Also makes me feel better that the Lions haven't done much in FA so far.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

That was quick.
https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1767528684347379900?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

There are going to be a lot of "Sam Darnold finally has talent around him!" takes flying around this year.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Said this in the AFCE thread, but I'm totally content with it. Tyrod is a solid backup. Was probably going to be tough to get Brissett or Minshew given they won't have a chance to start week 1.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 12, 2024

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Anals of History posted:

Knew that the Von Miller contract was bad, but not that bad. Woof.

Also makes me feel better that the Lions haven't done much in FA so far.
Buffalo can move on from Miller after this season, having paid him a total of around $44m (just shy of $15 per year). He could re-find his form this year and earn a bunch of sack-count incentives, pushing that number up. If he doesn't, it's not a great return for 10 great games pre his injury, but it's not the train wreck of the £120m headline figure.

His non-guaranteed salaries for 2025 onwards are $17m, $20m and $30m. I can't believe either party ever considered that he would see that $30m as 38 year-old, and it was performative PR.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 12, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

You don't need to white knight the Von Miller contract. They gave him $20m annually when he was 4 years removed from his last double digit sack season.

He's now 6 years removed.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's 1 year, $7 million for Jones in Minnesota.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Darious Williams is heading back to the Rams

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's 1 year, $7 million for Jones in Minnesota.

Great deal even if he doesn't end up playing the whole season. I feel pretty good about going in with him and Chandler and (maybe) a draft pick.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1767561039212679362?s=46

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think I'd much rather have Mariota at that then Darnold.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They both stink.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Darnold still ostensibly has a shred of upside you could talk yourself into. I doubt it personally but I get it.

Mariota has been terrible for a while and he’s older

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There has be an expiration date on QB upside talk. Darnold is entering his 7th season!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rarely Mariota does something that's actually pretty cool. It's the other 99% of the time that's the problem with him.

Darnold's the better option because you're not winning much with either, but Darnold gets you a better pick. Mariota is just not horrible enough to take a team to 6-11.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

I think I'd much rather have Mariota at that then Darnold.

No way. They both suck but Mariota is complete trash.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Darnold still ostensibly has a shred of upside you could talk yourself into. I doubt it personally but I get it.

Does he? Why do people keep saying this? This is his sixth year in the league.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Professor Funk posted:

Does he? Why do people keep saying this? This is his sixth year in the league.

but he was so young when he was drafted, so that's an extra season to grind QB points

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1767566429409136838?t=dfFcq_-25cTsw7nvE74Egw&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So you're saying they have a type

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

What a complete trash heap of a QB room, Browns.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1767566763267355055?s=46

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jimmy saw what Flacco pulled off and went, "Yeah, I want the opposite of that."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mike Gesicki is such a limiting player, hated having him.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I do not like Austin Ekeler. I have not for a while. I am sorry if this makes you upset.

Mods, thread title

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

next up is bringing darren sharper out of retirement

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I guess Dallas is just gonna do everything in the draft.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I feel like the Ravens need a rb

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Why do people seem so convinced that Darnold is the guy in the Vikings QB room? $10 million is more or less back-up money now. I would assume they've got their eye on one of the rookies.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Bjay9 posted:

Why do people seem so convinced that Darnold is the guy in the Vikings QB room? $10 million is more or less back-up money now. I would assume they've got their eye on one of the rookies.

I think anyone talking about Darnold as QB1 is asssuming they are drafting a Rookie to take over after a year or so

sharknado slashfic posted:

I feel like the Ravens need a rb

Joe Mixon, Derrick Henry still out there. (or will be, I dunno if they officially released Mixon)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Comfortador posted:

I think anyone talking about Darnold as QB1 is asssuming they are drafting a Rookie to take over after a year or so

Joe Mixon, Derrick Henry still out there. (or will be, I dunno if they officially released Mixon)

Speaking of!

Joe Mixon has NOT been cut, and has instead been traded to the Texans

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1767572244140564762?s=46

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
This power I have.... I don't know what to do with it....

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

:byewhore:

Lol that it only happened because he defied the falcon lover.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sean10mm posted:

IF you think the guy at 3 is your future franchise guy, you just take him, no matter what a shithole your team is. Even when "if" you draft high next year or the year after that you might not have the chance to take That loving Guy again.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I guess what I'm saying is maybe the Patriots don't think Jayden Daniels is 'the guy' and could potentially get a truly goofy amount of picks from a desperate team who does.

Pretty much agree with both. I HOPE they have an awesome grade on whoever is there at 3 and they can just confidently take him. If they think the guy sucks rear end then yeah don’t take a QB just to say you did it. Even then I would prefer they take Marvin or something and stay put.

The problem with trading back is all the likely partners are out of the top 10. You aren’t getting a situation where the dumbass Bears give you a million picks to leap one spot to take Trubisky. The opportunity cost isn’t just the QB you didn’t take at three. It’s like, all of the top receivers and tackles. You’re now in the zone where a bunch of defenders start going and I am a lot less excited about that.

E: unrelated, glad they are not bringing back Gesicki. What an obviously dumb signing that was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767575019100487791?t=QzNfV7NDnEu4Dw4MbDUylA&s=19

More bodies are always good