Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lol at all these poors in the thread who don't have the millionaire grindset like, for instance, myself.

It's absolutely trivial to own a house by age 25 in any part of the world if you work hard and pick a decent career, and have childless millionaire relatives who die and leave you all their money and parents who own multiple houses and will let you live in them rent free. Honestly its like you people aren't even trying.

- literally every single financial advice paper article on owning property by 25, unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
rent is bullshit not because its too drat high (it is) but because it keeps going up. bro my pay doesnt go up 10% per year wtf am i supposed to do here, just move to progressively lovely places every few years? if you can buy even if your mortgage is way higher than your current rent, it wont be in a few years. i dont even look at owning a house as owning it, like, just 'locking the rent in place' is worth every hassle of homebuying and homeowning that anyone complains about.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
https://twitter.com/unlimited_ls/status/1767537248596095408

quote:

NEW: Andrew Tate and his brother Tristan were detained in Romania after the UK issued an arrest warrant

The Tate brothers were detained in Romania on Monday night based on charges dating back to 2012-2015, following a European arrest warrant from Westminster Magistrates' Court in London

Investigations are ongoing

The more court cases against these shitheads, the better.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What happened to the original Romanian case?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Shageletic posted:

Still happening, it's apparently getting mired in procedural stuff for the time being.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Aaaaaaaah tate him already

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The phrase "he tated himself into romanian prison" is way less funny if he isn't in actual romanian prison, just saying

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PurpleXVI posted:

Apparently this may have happened because another streamer read a text from him on-stream asking if he'd like to do a stream with him before he leaves Romania forever.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Some guy who was in the year below me at school became a fitness influencer and lives in Dubai and has podcasts with the Tates and when I found out it made me feel a little sick just by the lack of degrees of separation there. I hope that slimy chinless wonder gets nailed to the wall

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

derp posted:

rent is bullshit not because its too drat high (it is) but because it keeps going up. bro my pay doesnt go up 10% per year wtf am i supposed to do here, just move to progressively lovely places every few years? if you can buy even if your mortgage is way higher than your current rent, it wont be in a few years. i dont even look at owning a house as owning it, like, just 'locking the rent in place' is worth every hassle of homebuying and homeowning that anyone complains about.

Yeah this. I bought when I was 21 (working trades since 16 and just enough depression to not have a social life is really good for saving) and my repayments were $450 a fortnight, plus council rates and insurance. Came to about $250 a week, renting would have been around 200.

Due to interest rates changing and rates going up, 10 years later my repayments were about $300 a week and it would be $500 a week to rent the place. loving madness.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

derp posted:

rent is bullshit not because its too drat high (it is) but because it keeps going up. bro my pay doesnt go up 10% per year wtf am i supposed to do here, just move to progressively lovely places every few years?

Unless you work in an industry where you can regularly switch jobs for a raise, yes. Renting is just moving to a different shittier housing every 1-2 years unless you get lucky and find a landlord that doesn’t raise rent methodically

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Fitness? Yeah, fitness piece of poo poo in a romanian prison

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

PurpleXVI posted:

only true ligma grindset alphas keep on going to jail

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Air Skwirl posted:

Me being lazy was part of it, but my cat crawling under me every time I tried to do push-ups was a significant factor in me never doing the 100 push-ups challenge.

https://x.com/catshouldnt/status/1767476124093989158?s=20

I've done something similar, because doing exercises around a pet can be the hard-mode version. I can't speak for everyone's pets but incorporating your cat into the exercise worked as a deterrent to the cat interfering with exercises.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Is closing a door not an option?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Meow

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shageletic posted:

Repostin a classic

https://twitter.com/AngryVeren/stat...genumber%3D4181

This thread is pretty funny too

Remember the reason Republicans even brought up banning TikTok anyway was because a bunch of teens used it to coordinate ticket purchases at a Trump event and when he got there it was basically empty. So more schadenfreude.

JOOCY FROOT
Feb 13, 2012

Shageletic posted:

stabbed by a cowboy

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

wash bucket posted:

Is closing a door not an option?

And what, trapping the cat in the room?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I always find the Andrew Tate stuff bizarre because I don't understand how anyone could listen to him for like five seconds and not find him completely ridiculous. He's a parody of toxic masculinity.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

muscles like this! posted:

I always find the Andrew Tate stuff bizarre because I don't understand how anyone could listen to him for like five seconds and not find him completely ridiculous. He's a parody of toxic masculinity.

his main audience is literal teenage boys or incels.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

muscles like this! posted:

|/
muscles like this!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
What’s worse is anyone who bought a home since around 2010 to before 2020 doesn’t want to give it up because having a mortgage of 2.25% is amazing on a home that appreciated easily around 30-50% in value since then, not to mention the equity accumulated, so the market is stagnant.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

SpacePig posted:

And what, trapping the cat in the room?

Work out in a different room and shut the door.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/tKYRr6k.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
O’Doyle Rules!

O’Doyle Rules!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

JOOCY FROOT posted:

stabbed by a cowboy

Speaking of cowboys

https://twitter.com/st_abel45/statu...genumber%3D4184

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

dialhforhero posted:

What’s worse is anyone who bought a home since around 2010 to before 2020 doesn’t want to give it up because having a mortgage of 2.25% is amazing on a home that appreciated easily around 30-50% in value since then, not to mention the equity accumulated, so the market is stagnant.

Oh yeah my house is now valued at easily three times what I bought it for and my house payment is a fraction of what I would pay for rent in an apartment less than half the size.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

dialhforhero posted:

Lower priced homes went up wayyyy more than that. Our first little two bedroom townhouse bought in 2014, sold in 21 for about 250% what we paid for it. Houses at that price just don't exist anymore. And if they do they just get bought up instantly for rentals. We were extremely lucky.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wash bucket posted:

Work out in a different room and shut the door.

My cats will scratch at and damage closed doors and the carpet/flooring near them if they're shut out of a room that I'm in.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

My cats will scratch at and damage closed doors and the carpet/flooring near them if they're shut out of a room that I'm in.

You shouldn’t let them do that.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah will them through the door to stop

e: lol

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Our 16 year old cat can open closed doors but prefers to have people do it for her with an endless soul and ear drum crushing MOAUUUAAOOOOOW

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

wash bucket posted:

You shouldn’t let them do that.

I don't let them do it by keeping doors cracked at a minimum.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I simply solve that problem by not working out

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My cat just reaches his arm under the door like he's gonna fish me out

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I was waiting to see the inevitable, but just like a really good horror movie, sometimes what you don't see makes it that much more magical. :allears:

I mean, I hope she's ok of course

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Guyver posted:

Now that'll be $3000 a month for a 2bed/1bath in Murder Row.

Yeah but the commute is short.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but the commute is short.

Not everybody works as a murderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Mr. Nice! posted:

Kennel train your cat. Why are you letting a 15lb animal bully you?