Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

ending still gets to me :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I guess I'm in the minority of actually liking Keisuke.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Liking Keisuke is like liking Eri in P4; yeah there's nothing wrong with them, people just get surprised if their link was memorable enough to stick out for you.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Neeksy posted:

I don't dislike him, per se, but I find it too similar to Mamoru's, and I think Mamoru's SL is more interesting. (at least that's how I remember it from P3P; I'll comment on P3R's version when I get there)

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Liking Keisuke is like liking Eri in P4; yeah there's nothing wrong with them, people just get surprised if their link was memorable enough to stick out for you.

It might come down to whether you have sympathy for the position he's in. His background is closer to Mitsuru's so the economic pressure is not an aspect of his anxiety the same way, say, Mamoru's does. Instead it's about whether you're making your choices for yourself, or because of one's environmental pressure or rebellion against it. Keisuke's arc is about finally being given the freedom to choose and realizing he wants to go the doctor route not because it'll please his dad or go with the flow, but because he truly wants to be helpful in a more directly tangible way than art can.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My least favorite link by far is the Monk. It's just super boring and doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'm not sure what my favorite was, I really liked Sun.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Monk is one of the best ones in OG but maybe it plays different in Reload

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Neeksy posted:

It's the end of P3. After you defeat Nyx Avatar you go to the moon, where you meet the final adversary...Keisuke. You give your life to seal him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don’t really care about a P4 remake. But the P2 one is very interesting to me.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I have no strong feelings about Keisuke but also I completely forgot about him until it was December and too late to bother raising the rank past 1.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Neeksy posted:

It might come down to whether you have sympathy for the position he's in. His background is closer to Mitsuru's so the economic pressure is not an aspect of his anxiety the same way, say, Mamoru's does. Instead it's about whether you're making your choices for yourself, or because of one's environmental pressure or rebellion against it. Keisuke's arc is about finally being given the freedom to choose and realizing he wants to go the doctor route not because it'll please his dad or go with the flow, but because he truly wants to be helpful in a more directly tangible way than art can.

Which is also why it feels like a Priestess link to me; his conundrum is very similar to Yukiko's.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Which is also why it feels like a Priestess link to me; his conundrum is very similar to Yukiko's.

I don't disagree there, he'd be a prime candidate for that arcana.

I feel like P3's Chariot and Star overlap a lot thematically, too.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hatty posted:

Always skip Keisuke, Kenji, and moon guy. I like everyone else just fine though

I appreciate how moon guy has always been moon guy, or sometimes Persona Cartman.

When I first played Persona 3, I started moon guy thinking, "wow, he's so abrasive and offputting that this MUST be going somewhere" :roflolmao:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I hope somebody knows this and can absolutely be like, "Hey, moon guy isn't based off the South Park character at all! He's based off of <character from Japanese pop culture who very independently happens to coincide with all the same exact gross character traits>!"

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Its a small thing I guess, but the choice to tie the resource that lets you stay in tartarus longer (twilight fragments) directly into how much you have progressed your social links feels really good. I like the feedback loop here, where because I advanced all my social links I can stay in tartarus an extremely long time even on harder difficulties, which means I then have more free days to work on advancing social links.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I thought Keisuke’s SL was really funny because his big problem was oh I’m so naturally talented at being a doctor but I’m also naturally talented at art. My rich hospital administrator dad is just so supportive no matter if I go to fancy doctor school or study abroad to learn art, so I can’t tell what I should do?! Like read the room dude

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

wizard2 posted:

I hope somebody knows this and can absolutely be like, "Hey, moon guy isn't based off the South Park character at all! He's based off of <character from Japanese pop culture who very independently happens to coincide with all the same exact gross character traits>!"

He’s based on prime minister Shinzo Abe

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

I thought Keisuke’s SL was really funny because his big problem was oh I’m so naturally talented at being a doctor but I’m also naturally talented at art. My rich hospital administrator dad is just so supportive no matter if I go to fancy doctor school or study abroad to learn art, so I can’t tell what I should do?! Like read the room dude

keisuke really wants to go "gently caress you, dad" and is constantly stonewalled by his father's unconditional love and support

Polderjoch
Jun 27, 2019

May the sacred flame guide me... Or something like that.

DC Murderverse posted:

honestly i think the thing that really makes his link work is the denouement where it's revealed that his art only ended up getting an honourable mention and wasn't really particularly standout beyond that and that he flunked his entrance exams for medical school, but then just deciding to still keep going with it instead of just waffling between whatever he gets more positive reinforcement for that day. like it's not especially amazing or standout but i thought it was nice seeing a him just actually care about something beyond "yeah i'll do this i guess actually nvm"

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
so was anyone gonna tell me that Mariko Hyodo's english voice actress was the mom from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody or was I just supposed to find that out for myself

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Junpei posted:

so was anyone gonna tell me that Mariko Hyodo's english voice actress was the mom from The Suite Life of Zack and Cody or was I just supposed to find that out for myself

Okay, Mosby

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's weird the one woman from that show is in Social Network and then just falls off the face of the earth

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Janissary Hop posted:

He’s based on prime minister Shinzo Abe

Brb, gonna check the antique shop to see if I can build my own shotgun...

e: might as well post something genuine along with my shitpost. I'm almost done with the Moon social link, and while the voice acting helps, it still sucks IMO. I get that Nozomi is supposed to be hateable, but that doesn't make it any more insightful or interesting, at least from my perspective. I don't love the fatphobia either, but hey, it's a Persona game. Those sadly don't tend to be the most body-positive games.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 11, 2024

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://x.com/yrfreakyneighbr/status/1767201542921490665?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If it was Chie maybe there would be an honest fight

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

If it was Chie maybe there would be an honest fight

Chie would wipe the loving floor with him. She’s a pluckiness elemental. There’s no breaking her.

Also she came up with “Moronji,” so her poo poo talking is on-point.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't know.

Can Chie stand up to the true Sephiroth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_UgPOcpyQw

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know.

Can Chie stand up to the true Sephiroth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_UgPOcpyQw

Uh oh...that's gonna be a problem. He got the right color of ramen and everything...

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

that's udon tho

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

man i just beat the superboss in reload and i don't envy whoever had to figure out the very specific actions you needed to take to not instantly die

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I didn't like Fuukas social link because it's basically the same character arc she already goes through in the game itself as a party member, which is also the exact same character arc Chihiro goes through in her social link.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Maybe I'm misremembering but I don't feel like Fuuka and Chihiro's SLs were all that similar? At least, they weren't in the original.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Arist posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering but I don't feel like Fuuka and Chihiro's SLs were all that similar? At least, they weren't in the original.

I agree, they're not that similar, only real resemblence is they're both shy.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

My least favorite link by far is the Monk. It's just super boring and doesn't interest me in the slightest. I'm not sure what my favorite was, I really liked Sun.

I vaguely remember liking him in the OG, but I didn't like him much now... Not sure what they changed? Voice actor didn't seem right for it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

PirateBob posted:

I vaguely remember liking him in the OG, but I didn't like him much now... Not sure what they changed? Voice actor didn't seem right for it.

I always imagined Ed Asner in the role. The game came out too late!:smith:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Heads up the P3 expansion pass is free to own on xbox and through the Microsoft store if you have Game pass. Even if your sub lapses you’ll still have access to it apparently. Its $35 otherwise which seems steep

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1767565914323730482?s=20

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It has to be Game Pass Ultimate, though, which is an extra 7 bucks a month. It's a decent deal if you're already subbed (and plan to stay subbed) because you can just kick in an extra seven bucks for one month, grab it, and then immediately jump back down to the standard tier, but less so if you're not.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

hatty posted:

Heads up the P3 expansion pass is free to own on xbox and through the Microsoft store if you have Game pass. Even if your sub lapses you’ll still have access to it apparently. Its $35 otherwise which seems steep

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1767565914323730482?s=20

I don't suppose you can use it with the Steam version of P3R?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You could get a one month sub for $15 redeem the expansion pass then be done with it if you want and save $20. Though deciding if The Answer is worth even that much is up to you

PirateBob posted:

I don't suppose you can use it with the Steam version of P3R?
I assume its Microsoft store only though I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think you can use the DLC with the Steam version, but if you plan to beat The Answer in a month you could probably just get Game Pass Ultimate for that month since the game comes with it.