Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol I was about to post that one too

Dems just dunking all over Trump today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Nocheez posted:

Is there a mirror version of this but on the left? Like a bunch of grifters that we don't see because we don't listen to their nonsense.

Shaun king

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This hearing seems like it’s imploding on GOP

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LOL the artist in his studio, 2024

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I don't understand how this destroys Hur but lmao that the Dems are just replaying Trump gaffes over and over again

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Fresh hot :lol:

Tate got arrested and him and his brother are being extradited to the UK

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

In an ecosphere of dumb assholes, Adin Ross stands as a towering example of just how dumb of a donkey you can be and still manage to inexplicably survive, so this does not surprise me at all.

i thought it was an act that he was playing dumb, but if he's that good an actor he should be going into acting because if he can be this dumb and stay in character for so long, give him that oscar it's over.

dude is going to be in a rude awakening once the money stops flowing in because you know he hasn't saved poo poo.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

vaginite posted:

Second this - my dad died in a car accident I know the day. I couldn't come up with the year without looking up the obit.

e: don't doxx myself

This thread is making me feel real weird about the fact that I don't remember the exact date of either of my parents' deaths. Dad died in '03, Mom died in '08, but I couldn't tell you the exact dates if you held a gun to my head. Maybe it is because I don't celebrate their deaths.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Lol that everybody has their own trump lols mixtape

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Senator just playing Obamna for ten hours straight as filibuster

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I somehow had never seen the "You have to look at the oranges of the investigation" clip before and I'm loving dying.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Aramis posted:

There was never any W worship at any meaningful scale. Come on now.

I'm in awe of this. Just, how?

Search these very forums circa 2005 for a thousand posts about the brilliant affable GWB keeping us safe. There was talk of "He did such a great job, we need to change the rules and give him a third term" a la Michael Bloomberg

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I somehow had never seen the "You have to look at the oranges of the investigation" clip before and I'm loving dying.

show me your oranges Corky

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

wheatpuppy posted:

Can you really stake "zero" though?

One man tried to. Once. He was cursed to commemorate his error for the rest of time, compelled to lead others away from the source of his eternal torture.

After all, what's a number, if not a sign of how far you are from zero?

Shishkahuben fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 12, 2024

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

steinrokkan posted:

Lol that everybody has their own trump lols mixtape

printing out all 1297 pages of the trump lol thread and entering it into the congressional record

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
The Count's beard really fucks me up. Proper Mandela effect poo poo.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I never noticed the inside of his cloak, the Count fucks.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
What is this transcript of Hurr detailing? Like why was Biden answering questions about his son's death etc to a Republican?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kazil posted:

lol I was about to post that one too

Dems just dunking all over Trump today

goddamn that's good

"the oranges of the investigation" is such a freudian hyper-slip lmao

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

What word is he fishing for with "oranges?" fruit?

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

MechaX posted:

Meanwhile Trump could have one of his adult sons pass and within a month he’d be like “I didn’t know him that well”

This would be a rare instance of Trump telling the truth.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Shishkahuben posted:

What word is he fishing for with "oranges?" fruit?

origins

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Fresh hot :lol:

Tate got arrested and him and his brother are being extradited to the UK

cant wait for the next months-long phase of this guy not really being in trouble

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Raku posted:

origins

the orange of species

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I appreciate that the clip ends with with Jim Jordan weakly muttering "the time of the gentleman has expired" while Trump continues melting down on the video.

IT SURE HAS, rear end in a top hat :haw:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jim Jordan always looks like he's about to cry or he just finished crying.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Also a reminder that every chud who was of voting age was also super, super behind Mitt Romney in 2012.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Good ol' Mittens and his toothpaste logo.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Glimm posted:

Ah so you didn't work in the same office I did where a coworker had a life-size cardboard cutout of that jackass in her cube. I wonder what kinda crazy trump poo poo she has now.

Yeah, people who are saying W wasn’t a cult of personality figure for a while need to specify how old they were and what part of the country they were in because :lol:

I was in Milwaukee in my 20s at the time and the worship was real, even in a Blue city where you wouldn’t necessarily be flat-out assaulted for saying the guy was a war criminal and that WMDs in Iraq were a lie (like you would be in my hometown an hour away).

First he celebrated his re-election by going on a victory tour promoting social security privatization, and a lot of people were like :wtf: are you talking about?

Then Katrina made it okay for media figures to openly criticize him again.

Then the Harriet Miers fiasco burned his cred with the conservative base. (We would’ve probably been better off with her rather than Alito even though she was completely unqualified).

From there, the wheels just completely fell off and by the end of his term a majority of Americans finally agreed he was an idiot who lied us into war with Iraq. :lol:

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Glimm posted:

Ah so you didn't work in the same office I did where a coworker had a life-size cardboard cutout of that jackass in her cube. I wonder what kinda crazy trump poo poo she has now.

Speaking of Bush W cardboard cutouts, anybody who doesn't think there was creepy cult worship for W needs to watch or re-watch the clip from 'Jesus Camp':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UC-vhxYLJ4

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

But that's exactly the difference between worship and approval. (E: replying to Rod)

COVID didn't make a dent in Trump's sycophants opinion of him. THAT's what worship gets you. W. never got that type of support at any scale comparable to Reagan and Trump.

Aramis fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 12, 2024

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

This hearing seems like it’s imploding on GOP

All because Hur was too dumb to realize that House Republicans were too dumb to realize he’s on their team, just playing the game much better.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Haverchuck posted:

cant wait for the next months-long phase of this guy not really being in trouble

It sounds like he is not in trouble lol

From what I read the UK criminal case was dismissed like a decade ago and this is a crowd funded civil case against him so like, okay... Idk maybe Limey law is different than good ole USA

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I definitely remember that "you can't criticize the president" and "he's the decider" bullshit

It wasn't the same magnitude cultish as the Trump stuff but it was there

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

All because Hur was too dumb to realize that House Republicans were too dumb to realize he’s on their team, just playing the game much better.

this. Hur is trying to give them cover but they are mad that he didnt lynch biden literally.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Also that there would be transcripts :lol:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Instinctively, I see the stuff that Swalwell and Nadler are doing and feel like it's kinda dumb and annoying, but after years and years of "We'll take the high road and shame them into acting like adults" it's clear that doesn't work, and if they're going to keep holding "investigations", there might as well be something in there that cuts the other way.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I'm assuming all the posters who don't properly recall how Bush was revered and worshipped by the right breathlessly believed the Republicans in their life who without a hint of self reflection turned on him in the last months of his presidency as the economy was collapsing and started declaring "he wasn't a true conservative" and "we never really liked him" but I never forgot. Credit to the few who legitimately turn from the Republican party at that point and I do know a few, but most just transitioned seamlessly into MAGA psychos.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

HappyHippo posted:

I definitely remember that "you can't criticize the president" and "he's the decider" bullshit

It wasn't the same magnitude cultish as the Trump stuff but it was there
Gotta respect the office (void if president black)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

an AOL chatroom posted:

Instinctively, I see the stuff that Swalwell and Nadler are doing and feel like it's kinda dumb and annoying, but after years and years of "We'll take the high road and shame them into acting like adults" it's clear that doesn't work, and if they're going to keep holding "investigations", there might as well be something in there that cuts the other way.

If politics has to keep getting shittier at least let's get some quality lols out of it. Rest in piss decorum, bring on the dunking.