Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

I really wish one could organize prophecies that you selected instead of just being in order of when you bought it.

Have to keep track of them in excel so I can tell which monolith I have most in to focus on at times.

vvv speak it! I was only doing corruption 125 and it took me a solid 50 tries on my falconer.

I just buy a shitload of prophecies and then erase all traces of it from my mind, so its a fun surprise when I do random stuff, and I get surprised by the sudden pile of uniques/exalteds and die to some long range nuke from 2 screens away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]
Yeah, if nothing else it's a pretty neat solution to the problem of "this unique has a great ability on it but I need these stats/resists to not have gaping holes in my gear"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

capping resists seems hard at first, until you get empowered blessings, and then between those, implicits, idols, passives from your mastery etc, it's not that hard. You just end up with 1 piece that has a ton of elemental resist, and then a huge chunk of something specific.

and then you learn it doesn't matter and all those slots should have health instead.

Do resists and armor apply to damage taken by ward as well as HP?

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

A Moose posted:

Do resists and armor apply to damage taken by ward as well as HP?

everything that applies to life applies to ward, except things that specifically say life, such as "low life"

e

Vulpes posted:

Endurance doesn't affect ward, even if your life is low enough.

this is correct

Tonetta fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 12, 2024

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There should be a semi-rare drop that lets you add LP slots though.

I feel like that'd break the game a little bit if LP4 is supposed to be uber rare and then you can just use some Rare Candies to make your own.
Or I guess it could be like a once-per-item +1LP. Or scale rarity with some kind of level cap on the Unique it's used on.

Wouldn't hate it though because drat I don't have nearly as many multi-LP low level uniques as you all seem to :v:

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

exquisite tea posted:

Now that I fully understand how Legendary Potential works, I think it's a really ingenious system to keep uniques relevant while also making good Exalted drops desirable as well. It's actually quite clever how they did it.

The only parts that suck IMO is having to run the dungeon to upgrade them. At the very least if you could upgrade multiple at once...

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

A Moose posted:

I just buy a shitload of prophecies and then erase all traces of it from my mind, so its a fun surprise when I do random stuff, and I get surprised by the sudden pile of uniques/exalteds and die to some long range nuke from 2 screens away!

Yea, I'm not overly bothered by it just when I select new ones I try to be a bit efficient in my runs.
If I already have 2 for Black Sun, might as well grab a 3rd or 4th since I'm going to do that run.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

How can I remove a blessing, last monolit just gave me a bunch of "drop of gear" for stuff I didn't need a boost in.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
You can't remove blessings, and you don't need to; those blessings increase your drops overall, so there's no downside.

If you want another blessing, keep running the monolith until you can fight the boss again. Note that this is not really worth doing until you get to empowered monoliths, since the blessings you get from those have bigger numbers.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

exquisite tea posted:

LP is already bonkers OP.
An unique, with an unique interaction but without actually giving up a gear slot.
LE has max 4 affixes so even hitting 2/4 needed stats is gamechanging

Poster above is literally wearing lvl70+ items on an alt. This is outrageous but lol, arpg, who cares :laffo:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Tonetta posted:

everything that applies to life applies to ward, except things that specifically say life, such as "low life" - which conveniently means you can get low life effects such as endurance to stack on your massive ward stack

Endurance doesn't affect ward, even if your life is low enough.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Failboattootoot posted:

Why the frostbite swarmblade instead of the lightning one? Been trying to decide between the 2 for my next alt and was leaning storm.

Lightning bug was indirectly nerfed with lightning bolts changing to storm bolts. They used to scale with the 100%, 88%, and 10% more damage multipliers in Tornado, but now scale with Gathering Storm which has a single 32% modifier and 40% lightning pen. It should still be a good build but frostbite was already doing more damage and the gap is wider now. The only problem the frostbite version has is the unique boots have very low movement speed, so it may be worth waiting to play it until you land exalted movespeed on them with LP.

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

Mage in general doesn’t seem to get any skills or passives that scale exceptionally well, you don’t get to cash out your stats into a huge payoff like healing into ward, or something like flame drinker rive. It’s just mostly flat bonuses.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Is there a way to filter idol affixes? Like if I don't care about resists 10% or below?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

😂

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

A Moose posted:

Is there a way to filter idol affixes? Like if I don't care about resists 10% or below?

I don't know, but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever I see a shrine of worship because I know that my brain won't let me move on until I've inspected every idol and picked up the ones with good rolls. Just totally stops my flow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A Moose posted:

The exact configuration will depend on how your item filter is set up but put in a separate rule for Lagonian idol type that doesn't look for resist affixes since those ones can only ever roll up to 8%

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Sab669 posted:

I feel like that'd break the game a little bit if LP4 is supposed to be uber rare and then you can just use some Rare Candies to make your own.
Or I guess it could be like a once-per-item +1LP. Or scale rarity with some kind of level cap on the Unique it's used on.

Wouldn't hate it though because drat I don't have nearly as many multi-LP low level uniques as you all seem to :v:

Honestly just a very rare consumable that adds 1-2 LP to a 0 LP unique would be nice. Heartbreaking to see a well-rolled unique go to waste because it didn't roll any LP.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Ojetor posted:

Honestly just a very rare consumable that adds 1-2 LP to a 0 LP unique would be nice. Heartbreaking to see a well-rolled unique go to waste because it didn't roll any LP.

A better plan (though very PoE) would be a rune that just re-rolled the LP chance on a unique. But right now we can't craft on uniques at all so it doesn't seem like something they'll do any time soon.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

My warlock is 99.85 and just died in t4 Soul Bastion because the fire on the ground in the boss fight was green, and I had the necrotic shield on, and it killed me via fire damage in 2 seconds with 75% fire resist and 8000 ward. Think I’m taking a break for a day or two because that is hella frustrating.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So Steam appears to be down, and I see "No Connection" at the bottom of the Steam window.

When I launch Last Epoch it gives me a warning that it can't sync with Steam Cloud and I may lose all my saves forever if I continue. I only play 'offline', but I know that Steam generally syncs the saves because I can continue to play on my laptop when I am away from home. Does anyone know for sure if my local save will have priority over the Steam cloud if I play while Steam appears to be down, or will the Cloud save over-write my local save when it comes back up?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

My warlock is 99.85 and just died in t4 Soul Bastion because the fire on the ground in the boss fight was green, and I had the necrotic shield on, and it killed me via fire damage in 2 seconds with 75% fire resist and 8000 ward. Think I’m taking a break for a day or two because that is hella frustrating.

You playing Hardcore? I personally play games to have fun and relax and the stress of working so hard to avoid death in HC and the frustration of dying to something like that would make the game incredibly un-fun to me. I don't know how people do it.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
if steam sees a conflict it will warn you the next time you launch, and you pick which save to use, local or cloud

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Voxx posted:

if steam sees a conflict it will warn you the next time you launch, and you pick which save to use, local or cloud

Cool, thanks.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The Locator posted:

You playing Hardcore? I personally play games to have fun and relax and the stress of working so hard to avoid death in HC and the frustration of dying to something like that would make the game incredibly un-fun to me. I don't know how people do it.

Nah it’s not even hardcore it’s just annoying enough to sap my will to play for a bit. I can do 400 corruption monos easily on that warlock and a weird graphic glitch on a boss killed me before I could teleport out after seeing my ward tick down.

Hit Man
Mar 6, 2008

I hope after I die people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

One life in dungeons definitely needs looked at, especially with 1-hit mechanics and losing the key

Reduced rewards if anything imo

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Ojetor posted:

This only happens 1 of 2 ways.

1) everybody has 4lp whatever they want with some effort

2) they're used exclusively for the oby ammy.

Both would be pretty toxic to the game, from my perspective

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I think what happens is that you still stack ignite or whatever on that boss and when you switch to the necro shield the fire just blows you up. Probably a bug?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Erulisse posted:

is there any warlock itt who took a bleed/torment lock and made it into a singlebutton build via the Chtonic Passage passive?
I like the torment build off letools but that many buttons is tormenting
I tried and failed. Good luck on your journey!

Edit: Okay I guess this tab didn't refresh so apologies for the pointless post.

Hit Man posted:

One life in dungeons definitely needs looked at, especially with 1-hit mechanics and losing the key

Reduced rewards if anything imo
The thing that really pisses me off is that I'll get through the dungeon just fine but it's only at the boss where I'm tested so it feels like a good fix would be to just let me prove my worth on each separately: If I finish the dungeon part but die at the boss, kick me out and eat my key but give me the option to skip to the boss the next time I plug a key in until I beat the boss part, at which point I should be forced to do the dungeon again.

A more risky alternative would be just letting the door eat however many keys you put in it and each one counts as a life. You don't get any back when you win.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 13, 2024

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Just remove the keys entirely imo, they serve very little purpose. You either have none because you're levelling, or you're swimming in them from monoliths.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Vulpes posted:

Just remove the keys entirely imo, they serve very little purpose. You either have none because you're levelling, or you're swimming in them from monoliths.

3rd option: Makes keys a rarer drop, boost rewards from dungeons, and do a portal system like in PoE so you get 3 shots or whatever.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Three lives would be nice.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

That's for like cycle 10 or something : )

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I just think the spike in boss difficulty from t3 to t4 is too much, especially with it being one and done. It sucks breezing through to the boss to get clapped 20 seconds in and then you have to do it again to figure out the pattern. No thank you.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Go practice the fight in a lower tier and just pretend the boss takes 10 minutes to clear

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reading up on the boss and watching YouTube’s also helps

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Switched up to Poison Lich and feeling a lot better so far. Just curious, what are some good benchmarks for a build? Like, I am about to hit L97 and feel medium comfortable on low 200s corruption. Lots of gearing optimization left to go but I wasn't sure how that stacks up.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

Reading up on the boss and watching YouTube’s also helps

Yup. Here's everything you need to know about Julra!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKB_YMM5omw

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I hit monoliths relatively recently and I'm working towards empowered by clearing up the right side. Are there any general tips I should know for my Warlock that are non-obvious, or stuff about what to do now that I'm in monos that I may not know since I'm new to the game? I've dipped my toes a bit into crafting and am picking up all the Exalted drops I find but I'm not sure what I should care about on those, or if I should start excluding some based on the stats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Did that profane veil bone curse nerf go through recently?